Advantages of the Hi13 over the Surface Book - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Advantages of the Hi13 over the Surface Book

Follow Us

Advantages of the Hi13 over the Surface Book

[Copy link]

doodzilla|Post time:3-24-2017 09:20:43 View:1376|Reply:27

Edited by doodzilla at 3-25-2017 04:48

one clear advantage the Hi13 has over the Surface Book:

According to surfacetip.com: https://surfacetip.com/how-much-surface-battery-capacity-in-mah/

The Surface Book only has 2,400 mAh of battery in clipboard (tablet) mode

unlike the Hi13 which has 10,000 mAh battery in both laptop and tablet mode use

You can get probably 5-8 hours of tablet use in the Hi13 compared to the Surface Book clipboard (tablet) mode which is only about 3 hours.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-3-2017 10:12:22 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
That has been in my battery thread update as well. But this gives this equivalent info a more prominent "display".
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-3-2017 16:47:53 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You're right! Hehe. I missed that sorry he he. :-)
Screenshot_2017-03-04-08-43-44.png

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-4-2017 10:43:59 | Show all posts
Yeah I should have just double posted. I've had bad experiences with double posting in one forum in the past. Although I was "bumping" my thread upwards in a psychosis.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-4-2017 18:34:31 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-4-2017 10:43
Yeah I should have just double posted. I've had bad experiences with double posting in one forum in  ...

Nah it's fine, your thread is more comprehensive. Mine is a little more specific (for emphasis). I'll continue my discussing in your thread.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-5-2017 04:53:02 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Not what I intended. The prominence of the focus here speaks for itself. Mine started as an overview between Hi12 and Hi13 battery improvement. While this thread can explore other advantages of the Hi13 over the Surface Book, on top of the price and battery life undocked.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 04:17:07 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 04:34

I'll reuse what I said in another thread:

The dock keyboard is available for pre-ordering at GearBest, and reveal to be magnetic! So that promises to make it super handy, like the Pixel C tablet magnetic dock.

According to feedback about the Surface Book, undocking or flipping the tablet, is a few seconds slow-pain-point experience in comparison to the Spectre x360 (also "crazy expensive", and I'm not sure if it can undock, only flips, didn't check specs because of price). So I was pleasently surprised by the Hi13 magnetic spec too of the docked keyboard. I wonder how it will be in practice.

Also remember you can only have a device with a physical keyboard on your lap so without an adequate table, like in the park, or in the train/bus or if "car pooling" and not driving, especially if it's a long way, or you're in the one or the other waiting rooms, for appointments, airport, in the plane (how much surface does it have or how suitable are those tables for a Surface Pro # kickstand and "soft" keyboard?), etc.., you can only have it on your lap (or otherwise unsuitable table) to type with a physical keyboard, if you have a laptop/notebook/Ultrabook/etc.. or a 2in1 with a keyboard dock, even if not originaly​ designed for that specific 2in1, as long as it can support the tablet without a kickstand on your lap.
But also remember that the angle won't be adjustable by most 3rd party "universal" solutions, and thus far there is scares to no support for 13.5+ inch screens.

So I'm glad the Hi13 seems to have a well designed docked keyboard with magnetic latching, even if the touchpad is less handy than could have been. The quirks hopefully are not that bad, or the need for it is worth it.

Edits: corrections, improvements + addition.

3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-24-2017 06:35:32 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-5-2017 20:53
Not what I intended. The prominence of the focus here speaks for itself. Mine started as an overview ...

Gonna edit the thread title a bit to suit this focus.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 08:25:20 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 08:30
doodzilla replied at 3-24-2017 06:35
Gonna edit the thread title a bit to suit this focus.

You might want to remove the "of" in the title to make it grammatically more accurate. I know it's a Chinese forum, and we don't have to do a lot in terms of grammar, but it's clear your English is better than that, so it's an uncommon mistake in your case. And "- thread" seems a tad unconventional.. not sure what the added value is for it.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 09:20:43 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 09:47

To me a relevant compilation of information to compare specs of the 2: https://www.igeekphone.com/chuwi ... ook-overall-review/

Things like even the contrast ratio are exactly the same. And how much the Hi13 processor with embedded gpu costs.
Edit: although that article is old, and seems to assume incorrectly that the Surface Books has USB typeC, but uses the word "can" meant in some way other than out-of-the-box? Anyway, some specifics stated was new to me. Since I didn't look it up myself.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list