Windows 10 Drive (C:) of my Hi8 Pro is almost Full. How to free it? or expand ? - Chuwi Hi8 Pro - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro Windows 10 Drive (C:) of my Hi8 Pro is almost Full. ...

Follow Us

Windows 10 Drive (C:) of my Hi8 Pro is almost Full. How to free it? or expand ?

[Copy link]

Lasantha59|Post time:4-19-2017 08:02:01 View:1275|Reply:14

I bought my CHUWI Hi8 PRO (Dual Boot) Tab a few months ago. My Serial No. starts with PQ32G2216080XXXX. After purchasing the Tab, I installed AVG Antivirus. Now the Window 10 Drive (C Drive) is almost full and is shown in RED colour. I cannot install any more Apps on Windows Drive. Windows 10 (C Drive) has only 16.7 GB and out of this, only 200 MB is free. I cannot update Windows because it says "no space" to update Windows. Android Drive has enough free capacity and I don't use Android.

Could you please tell me how to free Drive space or how to expand the C Drive. I even don't mind deleting the Android partition if it can be incorporated with the Windows Drive. Please reply.

Use magic Report

CrisPuello| Post time 4-18-2017 08:51:50 | Show all posts
If you did some windows updates before I recommend to use "disk cleanup" utility build in Windows. http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-10-post-install-clean

Next good software to check what hold ur free space on drive is "TreeSize" https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Also better use the Windows Defender, because it's light. The most of antivirus like this AVG use much of CPU when it work.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ljvtb01| Post time 4-18-2017 08:56:23 | Show all posts
Hi Lasantha59,

Open the SwitchNOW App on Windows, hit NO to switch to Android but YES to the User Account Control. You should find a window that has the option to disable the Dualboot menu. After you disable the Dualboot menu right click the start button and click disk management. Delete all Partitions except the The C: drive and System Reserved.

Use magic Report

Lasantha59| Post time 4-18-2017 21:51:28 | Show all posts
Thanks CrisPuello and ljvtb01 for your quick response.
Ljvtb01, if I delete the Android partition as you advised, will it be merged with the C: drive? Or else will it remain as a separate drive?

Use magic Report

Lasantha59| Post time 4-18-2017 22:55:32 | Show all posts
I went to Disk Management of my Tab. It shows 14 partitions including the C: drive.
Disk management.JPG

Could you please tell me whether I should delete all these partitions except C:drive and system partition.

Use magic Report

Lasantha59| Post time 4-19-2017 01:13:32 | Show all posts
ljvtb01 replied at 4-18-2017 08:56
Hi Lasantha59,

Open the SwitchNOW App on Windows, hit NO to switch to Android but YES to the User A ...

Thanks for your quick response.
Ljvtb01, if I delete the Android partition as you advised, will it be merged with the C: drive? Or else will it remain as a separate drive?

I went to Disk Management of my Tab. It shows 14 partitions including the C: drive. Could you please tell me whether I should delete all these partitions except C:drive and system partition.

Use magic Report

ljvtb01| Post time 4-19-2017 02:17:42 | Show all posts
Edited by ljvtb01 at 4-19-2017 02:29

Lasantha59,

Delete all the Primary Partitions, all the Partitions you have deleted will become unalocated Space. After right click the C: drive and select Extend Volume. If you do that it will be merged into the C: Drive. The wizard will guide you. If you would like a separate Data Partition Right click the Unallocated Space and select new simple Volume. The Wizard will Guide you. Before you do any of this have a backup of your files and be sure the Dualboot menu is disabled. To disable the Dualboot menu Open SwitchNOW, say Yes to User Account Control and no to switch. You should see the Menu Below. Click Disable.

Menu to Disable Dualboot Menu

Menu to Disable Dualboot Menu

Use magic Report

CrisPuello| Post time 4-19-2017 02:43:42 | Show all posts
Exactly, leave C:\ , efi and recovery partition without it, system wouldn't start. I recommend to use to this task software like this: http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html it's really safe to use.

Use magic Report

CrisPuello| Post time 4-19-2017 02:43:47 | Show all posts
Exactly, leave C:\ , efi and recovery partition without it, system wouldn't start. I recommend to use to this task software like this: http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html it's really safe to use.

Use magic Report

Lasantha59| Post time 4-19-2017 08:02:01 | Show all posts
ljvtb01 replied at 4-19-2017 02:17
Lasantha59,

Delete all the Primary Partitions, all the Partitions you have deleted will become unal ...

Thanks Lijvtb1, I deleted all primary partitions. Then I created another drive for data. But it is not possible to extend the volume of C drive. I checked the Microsoft TechNet site. They say that C drive  can be extended only when you reformat the drive and reinstall the operating system. Any idea about this?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list