ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Chuwi Hi13 Compatible Powerbanks&Chargers

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi13 Compatible Powerbanks&Chargers

[Copy link]

Techdragonz|Post time:4-27-2017 15:39:32 View:2673|Reply:65

Edited by Techdragonz at 5-24-2017 16:48

I am planning on buying some powerbanks and chargers of amazon that claim to be able to charge the Chuwi Hi13 And will edit the post once I receive them and wether they work or not.

Powerbanks

Popwinds 20400mAh;  Amazon (Good quality, but not recommended for the Chuwi Hi13)
Doesn't really work,Led is on but percentage goes down. So it gives 12V but only at 1/1.5A.  Discharge rate is faster than charge rate.

Anker PowerCore+ 26800; Amazon (Same as the above)
Doesn't really work, same issue as the Powerbank above. Discharge rate is faster than charge rate.

RAVpower 26800 USB PD; Amazon (Price: 51,99GBP) RECOMMENDED*
Works perfectly, Charge monitors say it charges at the same rate as the original charger which will be 12V 2A. It went from 80 to 90 in 20 minutes.

[* Reasons being: It is 26800mAh, which is just under 100W, so you will be able to travel on planes with it safely (See graphic for more info/100W), It is the cheapest one at that capacity that works, It is RAVpower => Good quality]

Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD; Amazon
Newly released. Seems to be similar to the cheaper RAVpower. (It is almost double the price of the RAVpower though)

Chargers

Aukey USB C charger: Amazon.de, amazon.co.uk, amazon.com  RECOMMENDED*Works, comfirmed
[* Reasons being; It is cheap, compact and works without adapters]Anker powercore+ Type C 60W wall charger: Amazon  (Prices on amazon .co.uk/.com/.de: 29.99GBP/39.99USD/50,49Euro)
Works

Xiaomi USB C power adapter: Gearbest
Works

Clarification

To clear things up a bit more so if others want to look around for some too:

>I read in XDA that these tablets are NOT compatible with quickcharge or samsungs’ adaptive charging. Hence why the samsung charger Chris (Techtablets) ordered will not work.

>It is very hard to find compatible chargers because not only does it need to be usb PD compatible but it also needs to be able to output 12V and from what I read it is up to the manufacturer to add that 12V in.

>USB PD = 5, 9, 15 and 20V always and 12V is their choice/ manufacturer chooses that. => USB PD powerbanks will not necessarily output 12V unless the manufacturer specificly wants it to.

So to conclude: What are we looking for? Powerbanks with USB-PD compatibility and 12V at minimum 2A
Most others will NOT work.

Recently someone bought a charger which is USB PD but it doesn't mention to ouput 12V. Only 5, 9 and 15V. It worked.
So normally, if this is the truth,  theabove mentioned powerbanks (The RAVpower and the Anker) will work too.

Graphics:

USB PD

USB PD

USB C Output Anker

USB C Output Anker
Powerbank.PNG
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

bogodo777| Post time 4-20-2017 23:41:12 | Show all posts
Aliexpress or dx had some plastic power bank cover which would accept 18650 cells and output voltage adjustable.
Sorry can't help you more but maybe searching will be fruitful? Try including 12V to the search terms.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-21-2017 05:50:44 | Show all posts
I am looking with those search terms, it is just very dificult to find on amazon, banggood, ect. Still waiting for the powerbank metioned above to arrive.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-24-2017 06:53:20 | Show all posts
The selle lied about the USB C output voltages. It cannot output 12V like she said. Any other suggestions?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 16:02:57 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-24-2017 15:53
The selle lied about the USB C output voltages. It cannot output 12V like she said. Any other sugges ...

Bummer. I think the seller assumed for their own advantage. Or the person they trusted did. I swear, people in marketing and first line support assume so much technical stuff and wrong measurements sometimes. Or they have to repeat what they're told, because of their job description and time-constrains. Or like me, work with wrong specs or wrongly presented specs from "the source" of the tech.

Also bummer to you, is it amazon returns for free? Dependant on both your locations.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-25-2017 20:56:38 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-26-2017 05:59

Well, yes. I can just return it for free.
However, the weird thing is, i can let the tablet think its charging (led turns on, battery indicates to be charging)
But the percentage will decrease.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-25-2017 21:05:17 | Show all posts
However, I think to have found one that works.

Its a powerbank where you can individually select output voltage. And it can charge most laptops, so i'll give that a try

Use magic Report

Kiwee| Post time 4-27-2017 07:33:19 | Show all posts
Edited by Kiwee at 4-27-2017 07:38

Over at amazon is this one:   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRQ ... 60011_t2_B014ZO46LK

manufacturer info here:  https://www.ravpower.com/26800ma ... -charger-black.html

USB-C, PD, and can output 2A 15V, but claims (look in manufacturer graphic) that Silergy Voltage IC will lower the voltage to safely match the device

looks good to me, and I would like to try it, but can some of those here who know about these things look it over?

I believe it is also at amazons UK and DE

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-27-2017 12:19:58 | Show all posts
Believe me, I saw that powerbank weeks ago and posted it here

Well, I have already seen that one, and in fact I have already contacted their customer support and have requested opinions on the TechTablets forum.
Their customer support said it might not work as it doesn't support 12V output from the USB C port. Someone on TechTablets said I could fry the charging circuit of the tablet.

Because I was not sure, I contacted their Technical support which I am still awaiting confirmation of.
I was about to buy that one, but first want an anwser from Their tech support.

Use magic Report

Kiwee| Post time 4-27-2017 15:39:32 | Show all posts
I just got my tablet Monday and remembered that Techtablets said none of his powerbanks would charge the H13, so I headed over here.  I didn't remember all the models that were listed at the front of the thread, but it's good that you contacted technical support at Ravpower.  According to the marketing graphic, the PB will do the job, so the question is, who got things wrong, customer service who told you uh-uh on the 12V, or marketing who published a graphic saying the unit will stepdown voltage where necessary?  I am familiar with both types of screwups.  

Did you write tech support, or call and leave a message? Either way, looks like no answer is coming until after the weekend.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list