ChuWi Forum»Forum General Discussion General Discussion [Anwsered] My precious avatar is not appearing (and ...

Follow Us

[Anwsered] My precious avatar is not appearing (and other forum bugs)

[Copy link]

Alexander|Post time:6-16-2017 07:24:15 View:128|Reply:5

Edited by Techdragonz at 6-5-2017 12:43

When I tried to start a new thread, the board software replied that I must upload an avatar first. Which I did.

But it's not showing... The only way I know it was uploaded because now I can start a new thread and because it does show in the index of threads.
If avatar is so important that user is not allowed to post without it, why does it fail to show properly?

Use magic Report

Alexander| Post time 6-4-2017 21:38:30 | Show all posts
Edited by Alexander at 6-4-2017 22:38

Some other forum bugs:

• When I try to enter two new lines in order to separate paragraphs, the forum software merges them into one new line randomly (as seen in my last post).
  • When I try to enter one new line, the forum software simply discards it, merging the lines into one.
  • When I try to use the proper punctuation (Unicode “’s” instead of ASCII "'s"), the forum software inserts unwanted gaps.
  • Polish letter ś (RAlt+s) is interpreted as "Send", making it impossible to write correctly on the Polish forum and causing accidental posting of unfinished messages.
  • Even though uploading an avatar is mandatory, the uploader responds in Chinese. I'm lucky that I can handle Chinese language but 99% of other Western users aren't so lucky and it's likely to dissuade them from posting.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-4-2017 23:16:37 | Show all posts
About the avatar, it takes a while for it to show. And as I can see, yours is ok now.

About the other issues, I will report them, but I don't think they can be fixed very easily...
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

Gajack| Post time 6-5-2017 01:36:34 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 6-5-2017 08:16
About the avatar, it takes a while for it to show. And as I can see, yours is ok now.

About the oth ...

Yep they can't be fixed.

Chuwi use Discuz!, a chinese Internet forum software written in PHP and they are using a "plugin" to translate the forum in english so that's why some part are missing in english.

We have to wait a new version of discuz! for get bugs fixed and a new pack to translate it in english
Chuwi Moderator,

PM me if you have any questions ;)

Use magic Report

swapnil8| Post time 6-6-2017 10:21:11 | Show all posts
It takes time when I first upload the avatar I also face the same problem, Don't worry.

Use magic Report

Alexander| Post time 6-16-2017 07:24:15 | Show all posts
Thank you everyone for responding.

Xiexie!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list