ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 BIOS update Error

Follow Us

BIOS update Error

[Copy link]

Larry8D|Post time:7-23-2017 16:13:20 View:229|Reply:11

Edited by Larry8D at 7-23-2017 01:52

Just got this gadget from official store. Try to install ubuntu 16.04. But after load from installation FlashDrive only what i see is black screen with white console cursor in the centre.

BIOS have no "OS change" option in boot menu.
Try to update BIOS by file from this forum, but have error in proces (on screenshot).

Have someone any idea what i do wrong? )

Screenshots.jpg

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-22-2017 13:34:20 | Show all posts
Have someone any idea what i do wrong?

All you done wrong. It seems to me crazy to update BIOS for no particular reason.
You should flash your OS and nothing more. Never touch BIOS without an urgent need.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-22-2017 13:38:15 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 7-23-2017 00:45

What could be more stupid than trying to update BIOS? Trying for the sake of trying.

Use magic Report

Larry8D| Post time 7-22-2017 14:36:58 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 7-22-2017 13:34
All you done wrong. It seems to me crazy to update BIOS for no particular reason.
You should flash  ...

Particular reason - instruction about install linux on chuwi 14.1 laptop where was say what some BIOS in this model cant work with linux-type OS and after update such BIOS on actual version in BIOS was added "os selection" menu. )

Please, what do you mean when you say "flash your os", can you explained more minuetly?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-22-2017 17:50:48 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 7-23-2017 04:55

Larry8D,
Obviously, you tried to flash BIOS not compatible with your device. As I see it, it's about the desirability of creating such BIOS, which will support Linax-type OS. Where is it written that this version of BIOS is already available from Chuwi?
I would say that you are trying to run ahead of the train, but with a completely predictable result.
what do you mean when you say "flash your os",

I mean flash Windows again if it was broken because you wrote
only what i see is black screen

Good Luck!

Use magic Report

Larry8D| Post time 7-22-2017 23:48:28 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Larry8D at 7-24-2017 11:32

Windows working perfect, and dont needed update.

Problem with black screen is actual only when i try to load from inslall-usb drive for install linux.

Infotmation about update bios, as example, written in this thread: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3571-1-1.html

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-23-2017 07:16:33 | Show all posts
Unfortunately, you are not even able to describe the problem distinctly and give the correct link.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 7-23-2017 13:49:57 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
which part of the problem you did not understand Motobot.?  LarryBD is clearly stating that he cannot install linux on his lappy and he tried to update the bios so that he gets the bios option of OS Select in the boot menu of setup. why you making it more difficult for LarryBD ? have a heart ..

Use magic Report

mbaruzzo| Post time 7-23-2017 13:59:17 | Show all posts
Hey Larry just be careful with the bios you flash because there are 2 versions of the Lapbook 14 and 2 different bios. If you flash the wrong bios you may brick the device. Please read the discussion here: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3572-10-1.html

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-23-2017 16:13:20 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 7-24-2017 03:17
deejay1963 replied at 7-24-2017 00:49
which part of the problem you did not understand Motobot.?  LarryBD is clearly stating that he canno ...

I understood the most important of all described immediately, deejay1963.  User tried to flash BIOS not compatible with his device.
Perhaps I should have been more kinder? But I prefer to be honest, cool and ironic than spineless and compassionate. Sorry, but I'm convinced that this is more useful than the desire to wipe someone's tears.
It's good that in this case the protection "against the fool" has worked.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list