ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Open] Hi13 DCMissue#2 [Poll]- original Keyu Charger ...

Follow Us

[Open] Hi13 DCMissue#2 [Poll]- original Keyu Charger/Power Adapter

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:10-7-2017 05:08:01 View:552|Reply:13

Edited by ZenBalancer at 8-9-2017 12:53

Please choose all of the options that apply to you. Can be almost all.

See: Hi13 original Charger KEYU KA1440 is dangerous!
Particularly a list of threads potentially related to it:
http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 28033&fromuid=19651

And the original charger in graceful cases could just "die": [Anwsered]+[Solved] Hi13 Power Adapter/Charger is now defective

Edits: increased max options limit + added more options.
Multiple Polls: ( Maximum 11 choices ), Total 18 Users voted View Voters
0.00% (0)
7.37% (7)
14.74% (14)
15.79% (15)
14.74% (14)
4.21% (4)
7.37% (7)
6.32% (6)
2.11% (2)
12.63% (12)
4.21% (4)
3.16% (3)
6.32% (6)
1.05% (1)
Your User group have no permission to vote
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 8-9-2017 12:35:34 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I've passed through the issue internally and told them to try to fix it in future batches and surbook to prevent more problems...

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-9-2017 15:22:18 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 8-9-2017 21:35
I've passed through the issue internally and told them to try to fix it in future batches and surboo ...

Nice.

Any feedback about what they're going to do about it?
Will the included charger negotiate the voltage?

It would be great if we knew what to expect from the new batches and included chargers of newer products like the potential Hi13 Pro.

Do we know why it happened? Why the voltage was set to fixed state?
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 8-10-2017 11:46:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
, nope they haven't given me any information yet. I will ask your questions to them. Will post once they give me some intel.

Use magic Report

amichael| Post time 8-10-2017 15:49:01 | Show all posts
It seems like most Chinese companies will farm out for the power supply. After all, it used to be that you just needed to know what the voltage was an how much amperage was needed at most.
I guess these are the teething problems for USB C. Everyone involved knew the device needed 12 V, but Keyu had no idea how USB PD works, and didn't realize they needed to make a complex charger with 5 V that negotiated upward. (Or maybe they knew, but decided to be cheap about it? Always a possibility.)

Use magic Report

MrMkayMan| Post time 8-11-2017 00:25:23 | Show all posts
amichael replied at 8-10-2017 15:49
It seems like most Chinese companies will farm out for the power supply. After all, it used to be th ...

Off course they knew, you say they can make a power supply which requires lot of knowledge and mass production facilities and not know something that a 3 year old can search within 5 seconds on google?
They just decided to go cheap. Even if Keyu did'nt know, Chuwi knows it.

You make a whole tablet but forget to verify the delicate charging system, not in a million years, even in China. So Chuwi sure has to explain thing, I fear for the upcoming Chuwi surbook.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 8-11-2017 05:51:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
They jist wanted to be cheap on charger lol... it is jusy a regular laptop charging brick with a usb C instead of a dc pin soldered on to it

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-11-2017 07:47:06 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 8-11-2017 14:51
They jist wanted to be cheap on charger lol... it is jusy a regular laptop charging brick with a usb ...

That points at ignorance.
I was ignorant too. But I'm not the one designing and manufacturing every aspect related to a device! And none of us customers wanted to learn all of this this way.

Honest mistake? Because it's not trying to make it cheap the problem. It's making a mistake while trying that.

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 10-7-2017 05:04:39 | Show all posts
When I look at this dispute I have to add I find it stupid to create an io chip that can handle 20+V charging but burns on improper negotiations.

In general I understand the PD negotiation idea from power supply perspective which makes these compatible to devices not knowing anything about PD.

But from battery/device perspective it's stupid not go take faults ito consideration. So always when a charger malfunctions, probably sending max. voltage, the devices get damaged because of a lag of proper negotiations? That's completely ridiculous. Have you ever adjusted a modern supplg from 110V to 230V on travel? Not necessary ang more to deal with such stuff needed decades ago - because of clever switching transformation technology. Technologically it's possible to do the same fof charging. All the negotiations are complete nonsense.

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 10-7-2017 05:08:01 | Show all posts
Well forgot, a wise man once said: "make things simple stupid, but not simpler"...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list