ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook Installing Phoenix OS on Surbook

Follow Us

Installing Phoenix OS on Surbook

[Copy link]

landonkun|Post time:6 day(s) ago View:1167|Reply:5

Hi, I've been unable to install Phoenix OS (and Remix OS) on my Surbook. The BIOS options are also limited and don't have a way to disable secure boot.
Is it possible to install Phoenix or Remix on the Surbook?

Use magic Report

antds| Post time 9-27-2017 10:18:18 | Show all posts
Hi, I think  that the way is the same followed for ubuntu.
Are you created the usb media correctly?
When booting, nothing to prompt?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

landonkun| Post time 10-5-2017 01:25:46 | Show all posts
I've actually gotten Phoenix OS and Android x86 to boot on it. The problem was grub doesn't work with the Chuwi tablets, so I had to manually install rEFInd, then delete the grub boot files and modify the config files.

The problem is, the touch screen doesn't work I can only use it with a mouse/keyboard. It's really difficult to manually install drivers into Android, so I think I might have to give up on this dream.

Use magic Report

duangdoock| Post time 10-9-2017 01:22:09 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi I'm interested in buying a surbook mini tablet when available and to install Phoenix os on it too. I'm not sure to be able to help you due to my limited knowledge on it. But I here is someone who succeeded to solve a touchscreen problem after installing Phoenix os on an hi12 tablet using a vi10 Phoenix os ROM. He used Android Image Kitchen and copied the 'etc' and 'lib' folders from patches to the phoenix archive. Could be a clue ...  http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/RemixOS/  https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=135290

Use magic Report

Ricey155| Post time 2-10-2018 02:42:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Guess this didn't go any further? I installed pos on the HDD but hangs after boot. Phoenix is great on my old Asus it would be a great addition to the surbook as windows alone is average. Any other ax86 work?

Use magic Report

Ricey155| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Surbook mini is very very easy to get Phoenix OS installed, I'll do a separate thread on how easy it is. only downside is touch screen doesn't work but at least android installs and works as it should.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list