i have recently tried to use the reset function on windows 10 only to find it doesn't work and bricks windows. I used the image provided here and was successful but i though i would share more detailed instructions with all of you.
1) i had to use a usb keyboard (logitech k360 wireless keyboard) and press repeatedly F7 while powering on to get the boot menu and select the usb drive partition.
2) I formatted the drive using rufus. the most important part is to set the label field to WINPE or the script will not work. See rufus settings below.
3) I then copied all the extracted files to the usb stick.
4) I then powered on while pressing the F7 button repeatedly to get the boot menu. I selected the second of the two partitions from the usb stick although I don't think it matters which one you pick
5) the script will do everything automatically and then shut down the tablet on its own.
6) remove the usb stick and power on the tablet and windows will go through it's setup routine.
Partition settings and target system type -> GPT partition scheme for UEFI
File System -> NTFS
Cluster size -> 4096 bytes (Default)
New volume label -> WINPE
check mark -> Quick format
check mark -> Create a bootable disk using (select UEFI:NTFS)
now my tablet won't charge at all under any circumstances. sorry to say last chinese tablet i ever buy. its just junk. when it did charge it charged super slow and never under windows. time to go sell a lung for a real surface pro 4. buyer beware these chinese tablets are not worth the headaches. I'm returning mine for a refund. A true waste of time.