ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Hi12 keyboard touchpad issues

Follow Us

Hi12 keyboard touchpad issues

[Copy link]

t-bonebl|Post time:5-18-2016 20:33:14 View:20441|Reply:73

t-bonebl| Post time 5-11-2016 05:56:40 | Show all posts
mouaisien replied at 5-10-2016 12:20
I think I finally understand what you mean... Is it due to Chuwi's driver or to Windows  ...

The graphic you posted is not what we're talking about.  You are noting the three-finger gestures.  Those would not be a problem to deal with because no one uses three fingers on a trackpad regularly.

The issue is SINGLE FINGER swipes (particularly from the top of the trackpad to the middle/bottom) will send gestures to the OS.  It seems if the gestures are:
Single finger down from the top = restore maximized window or minimize restored window
Single finger front the left edge to the right = tiled active window view AKA "task view" (similar to 3 fingers up as shown in your graphic)
Single finger from the right edge to the left = opens sidebar from the right

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^these three are the gestures that are annoying that we would like to turn off.

Also, the 3 finger gestures you show are only supposed to work with a "precision touchpad" which the Chuwi Hi12 does NOT have or it would be recognized by the OS as one.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 5-11-2016 09:24:59 | Show all posts
Thanks for these informations. I tested every gesture, they work fine also for mine. But I do not understand how this is presented as a problem!
In any case it is less serious than sudden death ...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

t-bonebl| Post time 5-12-2016 04:25:16 | Show all posts
mouaisien replied at 5-11-2016 09:24
Thanks for these informations. I tested every gesture, they work fine also for mine. But I do not un ...

It is a problem because we cannot turn off the gestures.  The gestures work fine, but cannot be turned off.

The size and location of the trackpad make it easy to mistakenly input gestures.

We need a way to turn the gestures off.  One way would be for Chuwi to provide an appropriate driver.

Use magic Report

mickeyjc| Post time 5-16-2016 20:04:27 | Show all posts
Hi t-bonebl,
What's the progress and status of this issue? Have you figure out what's the brand of trackpad or found any driver from Chuwi support?
I have chatted with one of their tech support, the hi12 keyboard appears not manufactured by Chuwi itself (the tablet is, but not the accessaries), it was from a 3rd party supplier. And they have no idea and no details re what the chip set it was builtin.

Use magic Report

t-bonebl| Post time 5-17-2016 18:04:49 | Show all posts
mickeyjc replied at 5-16-2016 20:04
Hi t-bonebl,
What's the progress and status of this issue? Have you figure out what's the brand of t ...

I haven't had the time to take my keyboard apart, but aside from that the only way to figure this out is by having Chuwi tell us what driver it uses.  It's interesting that there's not even a common label on the keyboard.  Does ANYONE have a label on their keyboard?

Use magic Report

mickeyjc| Post time 5-18-2016 00:10:59 | Show all posts
I have figured out a SOFT solution, by running a third party script to manipulate the windows hotkey/default behaviour. As those touchpad gestures are actually firing off some sort of hotKey combinations to trigger windows feature, eg, touchpad swipe down from edge = "restore windows size" = WinKey + KeyDown,  touchpad swipe left from right edge = "Windows Action Center" = WinKey + A , etc, find a full list here:  https://www.shortcutworld.com/en/win/Windows_10.html

The 3rd party script I am referring is call AutoHotKey:  https://autohotkey.com/  , however it doesn't run out of the box, you need some scripting skills to customise and override of the default windows hotKey behaviour.
Have a look at the tutorial section, it explains how to write a custom script. The only things annoying me re the hi12 touchpad gestures are:
- pinch and zoom: when I am browsing with two fingers scroll, sometime it triggers a pinch and zoom
- invert scrolling direction, I would like a Mac style of scrolling direction

I have done some simple scripting to address the above two annoyances and composed it as an executable (exe), and run it every time I start windows (by putting it in the startup folder), the script only takes 1.8MB of Ram size, it is quite light.

And the good thing is, IT WORKS..  I am now having two fingers inverted scrolling and the pinch and zoom feature are disabled (Overridden). And I believe you can do more with it, eg, getting rid of the restore windows size and action center gestures.

Believe it or not, you can go ahead and give it a try.

I know it is no a fundamental solution by getting the correct driver, but at least it eliminates your frustrations while using the touchpad keyboard.

Use magic Report

Nikojiro| Post time 5-18-2016 01:05:33 | Show all posts
The problem is that the Hi12 is recognized by Windows 10 as a generic HID mouse, so there is no specific driver. We NEED a specific driver so that we can disable gestures if we don't like them.

Use magic Report

Kareshnaka| Post time 5-18-2016 03:08:25 | Show all posts
mickeyjc thank you so much for this; I used autohotkey to override that pesky swipe in from the top to show the desktop! it seems as that the keyboard inserts a script to allows its gesture to not rely on drivers. I suspect that this hardware controlled and a driver may not fix its wonkyness; however, I am not a keyboard engineer so I may be totally wrong. Anyways, the gesture "swipe in from the top" actually triggers win+D to show the desktop. using autohotkey; start a new scirpt and insert

#d::f13

save it and run it. this is probably not the right way to disable the gesture as all I did was to remap the keystokes to f13, an unused key, but at least it works.
if it works for you, you must now compile it. then create a shortcut and paste it in your startup folder
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
now enjoy your keyboard!

Use magic Report

mickeyjc| Post time 5-18-2016 03:21:25 | Show all posts
If you are too lazy to read the tutorial, I have attached (see attachment) a compiled EXE to address the below common touchpad issues
  • Override swipe down from top edge gesture, that resizes/restores window size.
  • Invert two finger scroll direction, that match Mac style.

Feel free the try it out, please report if it works for you.

Ahk_no_swipedown_invert_scroll.zip

388.49 KB, Downloads: 909

Reply Support 5 Not support 2

Use magic Report

work4living| Post time 5-18-2016 20:33:14 | Show all posts
mickeyjc replied at 5-18-2016 03:21
If you are too lazy to read the tutorial, I have attached (see attachment) a compiled EXE to address ...

Thank you!!!  You're a life saver.  It definitely worked for me where it disabled the gesture for "swipe down from top minimizes window".  But it also changed my scrolling direction.  Is it possible to not use the invert two finger scrolling?  I would like to go back to where I use two fingers to swipe from top to bottom on the touch pad actually scrolls down.  Thanks.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list