ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Hi12 keyboard touchpad issues

Follow Us

Hi12 keyboard touchpad issues

[Copy link]

t-bonebl|Post time:5-22-2016 10:46:13 View:20444|Reply:73

Kareshnaka| Post time 5-19-2016 00:35:48 | Show all posts
Edited by Kareshnaka at 5-19-2016 00:38

work4living, this is the revised script that does not contain the invert two finger scrolling. please note that the script also disables that keyboard shortcuts win+d, win+tab, and win+a . Also, dont forget to put this file in the startup folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\

chuwiscripts.zip

509.72 KB, Downloads: 703

Reply Support 1 Not support 1

Use magic Report

t-bonebl| Post time 5-19-2016 06:00:17 | Show all posts
Edited by t-bonebl at 5-19-2016 17:03

I edited a post that had a lot of options/different possibilities to disable hotkeys (registry edits, gpedit, etc. all found here:  http://www.askvg.com/tip-how-to- ... hotkeys-in-windows/).  I tried them all.
The one that worked (and was also the easiest) was the program called SharpKeys which is freeware.
http://www.randyrants.com/2011/12/sharpkeys_35/

I used version 3.5 and just clicked "Add", then "Type Key" on the left and did whatever gestures I wanted to turn off and told it to write them to the registry.  It basically just shut off the windows key which I'm fine with.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

work4living| Post time 5-19-2016 18:48:42 | Show all posts
Kareshnaka replied at 5-19-2016 00:35
work4living, this is the revised script that does not contain the invert two finger scrolling. pleas ...

Kareshnaka: Thank you for revising the script, I really appreciate your help!  However, it didn't work for me.  I placed your revised script to the startup folder where it ran at startup, but swiping down on the touchpad still minimized the window.  The two finger scroll worked though.  THANK YOU!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mickeyjc| Post time 5-19-2016 23:44:54 | Show all posts
Ok, I have compiled another one just to disable the swipe down from edge gesture that restore/re-size the current window.

Enjoy.

Ahk_no_swipedown_only.zip

524.23 KB, Downloads: 1305

Reply Support 5 Not support 1

Use magic Report

ukausb| Post time 5-21-2016 06:33:43 | Show all posts

Hi12 d touchpad issues - think I solved it

I think I solved it! The following way: I looked for taouchpad drivers and then downloaded a synaptics driver from lenovo.
support.lenovo.com/de/de/downloads/ds032247
(the "de" stands probably for germany, as I'm german, dont know what will happen in other locations).
I downloaded the wein 10 X64 version (zip). Then I instlled it from the X64 folder. Installing from root level of the driver will give you a message "no synaptics bla bla found". fter that the problems were gone. Totally!
I dont know yet if it also affects the win-shortcuts, as I as good as never use them though.
Another funny thing is that the device manager shows me a "Goodix TOUCH HID", which I assume is the touchpad. That though sill shows a Goodix driver.
But however, so far I am content. Try it out.

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 5-21-2016 06:58:35 | Show all posts

Edited by DigitalMD at 5-21-2016 12:59

what did you install? if you run the setup.exe in the x64 folder it refuses to install saying that no synaptics hardware was found.

Goodix touch is the touch screen, don't mess with that.
If if force he system to install this driver, then it disables the touchpad entirely and device manager shows Lenovo Touch Pad  (disabled, error , cannot start) .I don't know if this issue is fixable. The keyboard idenifies the trackpas as a mouse by returning a HID (hardware ID ) of a generic mouse.

I'm sending my Hi12 keyboard back and going with a bluetooth mouse and bluetooth folding backlit keyboard, much lighter and much more reliable.

Use magic Report

ukausb| Post time 5-21-2016 13:46:40 | Show all posts

Solved

to digital MD
I did exactly that, installed it from the folder WinWDF\x64
But I did not use the file named setup but a file named dpinst.
I have to add though that I do get the problem of swping away an open window accidentily from time to time again. But very very seldom..

Use magic Report

Razor| Post time 5-22-2016 09:47:57 | Show all posts
Edited by Razor at 5-22-2016 10:39

yes, the touchpad gestures are really annoying.
I expect a good solution from chuwi.
The shutdowns and the touchpad are the greatest problems on hi 12

Use magic Report

work4living| Post time 5-22-2016 10:04:17 | Show all posts
mickeyjc replied at 5-19-2016 23:44
Ok, I have compiled another one just to disable the swipe down from edge gesture that restore/re-siz ...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Use magic Report

Razor| Post time 5-22-2016 10:46:13 | Show all posts
mickeyjc replied at 5-19-2016 23:44
Ok, I have compiled another one just to disable the swipe down from edge gesture that restore/re-siz ...

Do you have to execute this application every time you start windows?
Or do you have to run it one time and the settings are set forever?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list