ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] How to flash Windows for Chuwi Hi8 Pro

Follow Us

[Hi8 Pro] [Tutorial] How to flash Windows for Chuwi Hi8 Pro

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:8-30-2016 03:55:45 View:15212|Reply:15

Edited by emily at 4-25-2017 23:33

How to flash HI8 PRO WIN10 System

https://mega.nz/#!8hRBHAjR!it0fN ... cavls-Y-WYa_WsK-808

Use magic Report

CrisPuello| Post time 6-29-2016 15:56:50 | Show all posts
Steve_H replied at 6-29-2016 14:51
You need to provide the PASSWORD for password protected links if they are to be of any use to the fo ...

It isn't necessary, because the password is one for all links on this page.

en.chuwi.com

Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Vedran| Post time 5-11-2016 12:39:32 | Show all posts
Edited by Vedran at 5-11-2016 12:50
jim replied at 5-11-2016 07:22
Thanks ! Do you revive your Hi8 with it ? From the battery/dead problem ?

Mine did not start anym ...

No problem, mate. Actually, my Chuwi Hi8 Pro "dies" at least once a week when I forget to charge it.
Under "die", I mean I cannot normally power it on, even if there is charge in the battery or with cable plugged in.
So what do I do?
I don't shut it down ever. I just lock the screen and let it sleep.I disabled hibernate in power options, because I cannot easily bring it back from hibernation.
I don't know much about it, but my impression is that apart from battery reporting wrong values, Sleep modes are not being correctly handled. Both being fault of Intel. I would like to remind you that Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book also had these issues till recently.
Intel also abandoned Atom architecture few days. Which powers our tablets. So I don't expect Chuwi engineers to fix what Intel couldn't and obviously won't as it doesn't bring them enough $$$.

Anyways, when it's "dead", I charge it to the point when the LED light is no longer blinking, but being constantly lit on.
Then I molest it with whatever combination of following:
1) Hold power button for 7 seconds, let go.
2) Press power button shortly three times in a row, immediately afterwards hold power for 10 seconds.
3) Hold both power button and volume up button for 7 seconds, let go.
4) Hold both power button and volume button (press the center of the volume rocker) for 10 seconds, let go.
"Let go" part is important as I often notice it starts up several seconds after I let go, not immediately.
I do whatever I feel like of 1,2,3,4 sometimes even for several hours before it's back from the dead.
It's also important to charge it fully again after half an hour of attempts as mere button pressing action seems to spend electricity.
So I didn't send it back in the end, I am "reviving" it regularily with procedure described above. When the tablets works, it's amazingly good, so I am a bit sad that overall experience with Hi8 Pro is less than stellar when it could be.

Owner of miraculously revived Hi8 Pro ( PQ32G22151102244 )
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Vedran| Post time 5-10-2016 13:08:54 | Show all posts
jim replied at 5-9-2016 03:43
anyone who gets the file can make a link on a more stable platform plz ?

Sure thing. Tell me if you cannot get it from here http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=25470765018845618615
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

jim| Post time 5-9-2016 03:43:56 | Show all posts
anyone who gets the file can make a link on a more stable platform plz ?
«To get a working tablet from Chuwi,
You must buy at least three»
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jim| Post time 5-11-2016 07:22:25 | Show all posts
Vedran replied at 5-10-2016 13:08
Sure thing. Tell me if you cannot get it from here http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=25 ...

Thanks ! Do you revive your Hi8 with it ? From the battery/dead problem ?

Mine did not start anymore... but if I have only one chance, I want to be ready to take it !

Use magic Report

jim| Post time 5-12-2016 02:43:26 | Show all posts
Thanks Vedran for your answer and these clarifications on your 'usage'.

I will try again to revive mine but without anymore flashing leds even after several hours charging, I'm not so enthousiast

So sad because, I share your opinion «When the tablets works, it's amazingly good»... ever think to buy another one from a newest batch ?

Use magic Report

Vedran| Post time 5-12-2016 08:13:35 | Show all posts
Edited by Vedran at 5-12-2016 08:18
jim replied at 5-12-2016 02:43
Thanks Vedran for your answer and these clarifications on your 'usage'.

I will try again to revive  ...

I participated in purchase of 2 Chuwi Hi8 Pro tablets. One works perfectly, the other somewhat troublesome is mine. So their success rate is not so bad, I'd say 80%
Looking at the specs, I believe Chuwi is on the right track with their tablets.
I would go for an Intel based 8" tablet with Windows 10, 4GB RAM, 32/64GB, 1920x1200 or better, microSD, USB-C and active stylus immediately if Chuwi would design one. Even if I have to buy three to have a working one

Use magic Report

Steve_H| Post time 6-29-2016 14:51:05 | Show all posts
You need to provide the PASSWORD for password protected links if they are to be of any use to the forum community...

Use magic Report

dr.diggler| Post time 8-30-2016 03:55:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
how Do I create udisk? fat32 doesnt support files larger 4gb. Windows 10 Files from chuwi are bigger than 4gb and copying them to udisk always fails..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list