ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] The Instruction to Flash Android for HiBo ...

Follow Us

[HiBook] [Tutorial] The Instruction to Flash Android for HiBook (without losting Windows)

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:2-27-2017 07:50:09 View:13094|Reply:30

doubleB26| Post time 9-23-2016 11:15:04 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by doubleB26 at 9-23-2016 14:12

Has anyone gotten this to work on a Chuwi HiBook 10.1?  On techtablets forum everyone says it bricked their tab, and when contacted, chuwi told them to contact the place they purchased it from for solutions (IE: a replacement product, which sounds like theres no way to recover it if bricked this 'fix').  

more and more, this device is shaping up to be a bad purchase, and i currently wouldnt recommend that anyone buy one.  There are touchpad issues, wifi issues, bios issues, screen burn-in issues.  its just one thing after another, and average users would have thrown this thing in the trash by now!

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

oted| Post time 10-20-2016 07:06:28 | Show all posts
After upgrading my Windows 10 to latest anniversary version 1607, which was a hard process, i lost my Android version on my HiB 10'... looks like the partitions were damaged.
I tried all options to return Android back, including all instructions in this forum, from a disk on key, from the Intel phone SW, with windows 10 in parallel, but all failed... im lost

Any idea what to do?
how to fix the partitions?
Is there any factory setting process to return all back, i will be ok even to give up on the anniversary version so that Android will be back again
TX

Use magic Report

Chappi| Post time 10-22-2016 11:59:59 | Show all posts
how to fix the partitions?
Is there any factory setting process to return all back

I am also interested in a solution of this problem. Has somebody a solution for us?

Use magic Report

royal.adi| Post time 10-22-2016 17:13:38 | Show all posts
Hi! I had a problem after trying to update the  latest windows update it stuck on 81%. I turned off and when turn on again windows boot files had corrupted. Trying to restore it i lost android. After many tries i had the same results as you guys, couldn't make the tablet boot the android and flush it, but i could flash original bios (not the wifi fix). So i kept EFI folder of the bios and deleted everything else, than i copy all the files from the extracted Android flash. Everything was fluent than.. Now will try installing windows. Hope this info to help someone..      

Use magic Report

Chappi| Post time 10-24-2016 00:33:33 | Show all posts
So i kept EFI folder of the bios and deleted everything else, than i copy all the files from the extracted Android flash.

After you have flashed BIOS, so were all partitions available and its possible to flash Android? Or what you mean with 'copy all the files from extracted android'? Can you write please a step-by-step tutorial?

Use magic Report

royal.adi| Post time 10-25-2016 15:00:17 | Show all posts
Chappi replied at 10-24-2016 00:33
After you have flashed BIOS, so were all partitions available and its possible to flash Android? Or ...

Hi. I did not flash bios because it failed every time i tried.
1. So i kept the efi folder from the bios rar file that you can download from the first page.
2. extracted the files from the android rar file that you can download from the first page.
3. boot the tablet and press f7 until it shows the boot selection menu and select the uefi usb...
4. everything should go ok

Hope it helps

Use magic Report

Chappi| Post time 10-27-2016 03:16:26 | Show all posts
This is the normal installation. Unfortunately this does not work with me, because my partitions for Android are no longer available.
Thanks anyway.

Has anyone any idea how I can reinstall Android completely?

Use magic Report

luca.costantino| Post time 11-8-2016 02:10:32 | Show all posts
hi emily

is there a way to change the defualt partition size for windows and android?

thanks

Use magic Report

yonghan| Post time 11-14-2016 06:32:49 | Show all posts
Edited by yonghan at 11-14-2016 06:46

It seems that USB stick which is USB 3.0 32GB, Transend 1000 and formatted with FAT32  is not recognized  in UEFI mode.
When I chose the UEFI (USB vendor name) Partition 1 and pressed “enter", I just met with the UEFI boot menu screen which have android and Windows.
I copied all the files on the Zip file to the root folder of USB but I found a unknown folder which is EFI in your picture.
I think the folder is nessary for UEFI booting. where can I find the folder

Use magic Report

ferrica| Post time 2-27-2017 07:50:09 | Show all posts
it stop on INTEL INSIDE screen ...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list