Tablet died. - Chuwi Hi8 Pro - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro Tablet died.

Follow Us

Tablet died.

[Copy link]

umnitra|Post time:2-26-2016 03:06:45 View:25382|Reply:148

Tablet worked only one a day.Tablet do not charging, a led light do not light.I waited two a months and finally tablet is wrong.
What have i do ?

Use magic Report

Ste_boni| Post time 4-27-2016 08:58:43 | Show all posts
Edited by Ste_boni at 4-27-2016 08:59

Well... It's the same situation I have with the seller of another Chuwi Hi8 pro that switched off by itself 15 minutes after the arrival and never give a sign of life any more.
So tablet are not tested by Chuwi before you send ?

I know that the selling is not a question regarding Chuwi, but they should be aware of the shops where they sell the tablets.
After a wrong invoice (again not a Chuwi fault) I had to pay a lot more (about extra one and a half the value of the tablet) for a custom legal inquiry.
By opening a ticket, they offer to send the back at my expenses (about 35€) and they give me a bonus of the value of the tablet...or keep the dead one and give me a bonus of 15 % of the value  or pay another 65% of the value plus shipping fee to have another one.
I cannot see any way to solve the trouble, I cannot trust the factory and the seller is even worst.
I feel very disappointed.

Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

jim| Post time 3-16-2016 07:14:33 | Show all posts
Another dead tablet here : Hi8 pro Win10 only.
Used 3 times (less than 2 hours at all...). First reboot after a windows update was really hard. The second after a change in settings was fatal.
Now, I answer day to day to the seller (Chuwi's aliexpress recommended seller) who ask for the seen-everywhere checklist :battery full charged ? yes Cable well connected ? yes Upload of a video of the tablet ? etc...
faking that they know nothing about the problem
pityful...
«To get a working tablet from Chuwi,
You must buy at least three»
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Helios| Post time 7-9-2016 03:50:50 | Show all posts
Yet there is a solution? I tried to replace the BIOS chip, with over loaded the bios CHT-P03_C806_N080JCE_109_20151203 for pq32g2218030xxxx model. But nothing ... charging heats but does not start and the LED does not flash ... then slowly drains the battery by dissipating energy as heat ... it would seem that there is something that makes short circuit ... I have noticed that when you do not is charging from 'usb exit the current

Use magic Report

the_bart123| Post time 5-11-2016 02:11:52 | Show all posts
emilyshare replied at 5-10-2016 01:18
Hi,

If tablet cann't turn on, please try the following methods:

STOP GIVING PEOPLE FALSE HOPE!!!!!

When YOUR tablet is dead is...... DEAD!!!

Use magic Report

z.o| Post time 2-28-2016 03:49:02 | Show all posts
Hi all same problem here!
I received the hi8 from 2 weeks it has worked fine ... today I plut to recharge and when I unplugged it was very hot! and no led and doesn't start dead!
I tried 3 times the powerbutton and then held down for 10 seconds, but ... nothing!

Now I plug to charge and with a usb meter I measure a passage of current of 0.60A then the tablet is not dead at all ... somehow is charging but no LED and does not switch on!

Use magic Report

FaiRLane| Post time 4-29-2016 03:05:03 | Show all posts
MDCool replied at 2-26-2016 03:06
Exact same problem here, I got about 3 hours out of it before it died. In that time it crashed about ...

Same problems here. Dead tablet, in couple of hours. Sended back to seller and now waiting when it will arrive to them.

Use magic Report

tomimidi| Post time 4-29-2016 06:00:22 | Show all posts
I also bought one of these. After 20 minutes, the device is switched off ... Solution to press the power button for 30-40 seconds, then you waiting for, press it. After some time the device starts.

No updates, firmware and BIOS links do not work. No downloads section of the device website. Why dropbox? There is not enough space in you?

Serious support! Chuwi congratulations!
You will be working out solutions, or throw it in the trash? But I will note a name for myself forever!

Use magic Report

sunami| Post time 4-15-2016 00:41:20 | Show all posts
CHUWI!!
any solution yet??
it randomly shut down but it own on very first day i received it.....WIFI keep disconnecting and crash on both window and android!!
any answer from you??!!!
is this how you treat your customer!!???
giving a lousy product??!?!?

Use magic Report

MDCool| Post time 3-2-2016 03:22:28 | Show all posts
admin replied at 3-2-2016 00:49
Hi , I am very sorry for that , you can return it ,thanks

Thank you so much for your kind and generous offer... I can now send it back at great expense (time and money) to myself because of your companies incompetence.

Use magic Report

Losmarcelitos2| Post time 3-8-2016 09:00:29 | Show all posts
The most important thing is to know if Chuwi is going to give a procedure to update the tablets that wont power on. Is this update technically posible or imposible?

Use magic Report

Wabby| Post time 2-23-2016 15:26:26 | Show all posts
Hi!

* Check if your AC Adapter is working
* Try another USB-C Cable
* Try another Adapter to charge with, or a powerbank
* My connector is a bit tight, so be sure that you push the cable all the way in the port on the tablet.
* Even thou it's an USB-C, try it both ways in the tablet.

Hopefully it will start charging.
Chuwi HI8 Pro DriverPack: http://1drv.ms/1Y2OnFn
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jscamach| Post time 2-24-2016 00:19:39 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi10?lot of costumers (me included) have this issue,

Use magic Report

umnitra| Post time 2-24-2016 02:53:15 | Show all posts
Wabby replied at 2-23-2016 15:26
Hi!

* Check if your AC Adapter is working

Hi

Check if your AC Adapter is working :   AC adapter working on other device
* Try another USB-C Cable :   I have do not another USB-C cable
* Try another Adapter to charge with, or a powerbank :  Another adapter do not working too

Tablet worked only one a day.Tablet do not charging (I do not know ???), a led light do not light,led light stopped blink in pending the charging of the battery.
In pending the charging tablet is heat about as if charging has OK,however  a led light do not light.
I think open a tablet and battery off, on.

Sorry for my english

Use magic Report

jscamach| Post time 2-24-2016 05:15:52 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Just check the 3.7V of the battery

Use magic Report

admin| Post time 2-25-2016 01:02:48 | Show all posts
If you cannot enter the system, you need to reinstall the system; However, if you can enter the system, but it occurs again, please reinstall the system. if the tablet still can not work ,yo can return it ,thanks

Use magic Report

admin| Post time 2-25-2016 01:07:49 | Show all posts
Hi ,Please get the tablet charged. Press the power button three times and then press the power button 10 seconds. If the LED does not flash, please get it charged for 30 minutes to see whether LED flashed or not. if the tablet still can not work ,you can return it ,thanks

Use magic Report

Evil_E| Post time 2-25-2016 12:37:32 | Show all posts
Same problem for me : the tablet arrived 2 days ago, it worked fine (except for reporting incorrect battery levels and a screen burn-in issue), today it wouldn't boot up. I tried plugging it in the charger, but it doesn't want to boot. The LED doesn't even come on or blink when it's plugged in the charger now.

Chuwi : is this a D.O.A. caused by your incompetence ? And what are you going to do about it ???
I have waited more than 2 months with the the delays because of the problems there were with this model (screen flicker, ...). Now that I have it, it decides to die after a couple of days... And trust me : I am DEFINITELY NOT the only one who is experiencing this SERIOUS ISSUE.So this is CLEARLY a MANUFACTURING and/or DESIGN FAULT from Chuwi...

Use magic Report

umnitra| Post time 2-26-2016 01:40:45 | Show all posts
admin replied at 2-25-2016 01:07
Hi ,Please get the tablet charged. Press the power button three times and then press the power butto ...

nothing is going on,tablet is dead

Use magic Report

MDCool| Post time 2-26-2016 03:06:45 | Show all posts
Exact same problem here, I got about 3 hours out of it before it died. In that time it crashed about 5 times. Eventually it wouldn't start up/power on and now the battery charge light doesn't even come on.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list