ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro Tablet died.

Follow Us

Tablet died.

[Copy link]

umnitra|Post time:3-3-2016 23:24:49 View:24226|Reply:148

MDCool| Post time 3-2-2016 06:49:59 | Show all posts
Wabby replied at 3-2-2016 04:45
Wow... Harsh comment!
You should know that it even thou there is a QA-department, some units will  ...

If I was the only person with this problem I would be inclined to agree. However there have been numerous reports describing the exact same problem. For the most part a definitive explanation is all anybody wants. Without a good explanation how can I trust they have fixed this problem?

I thought Chuwi had an excellent reputation for build quality so didn't see my purchase as the risk you have described.

Clearly I was wrong and will now pay extra for a quality product with proper QC procedures... If I can get some money back out of the seller (like blood out of a stone).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

JonesHuang16| Post time 3-2-2016 21:36:47 | Show all posts
It is the Hi8 pro firmware problem, we are debugging the program of new ROM. After the new ROM is out, many of the problems can be solved. Sorry for the inconvenience and please wait patiently.

Use magic Report

MDCool| Post time 3-3-2016 03:48:13 | Show all posts
Unfortunately I can't do anything with mine, can't charge it, can't power it on, can't even connect to the computer. I have sent it back to the seller. I wish everyone luck with their Hi8 pro.

Use magic Report

counterfitninja| Post time 3-3-2016 04:02:44 | Show all posts
Edited by counterfitninja at 3-3-2016 04:30

Mine seems to have done the same. Was in Windows and then black screen. looked to be charging for a while as LED was blinking but then took it off power and continued to blink. Presed power and vol down which stopped it. Plugged back in and LED flashed, but would not start.  going to leave to see if it will discharge the battery and try again.

If this is firmware then there is no way to recover the tablet to get new firmware on there, so it seems its now DOA

Use magic Report

Wabby| Post time 3-3-2016 04:52:14 | Show all posts
Also tried to hold powerbutton down for 10 seconds, with and without the volumebutton(s)?
Chuwi HI8 Pro DriverPack: http://1drv.ms/1Y2OnFn

Use magic Report

counterfitninja| Post time 3-3-2016 06:52:56 | Show all posts
Yep tried all know methods to fire it up. If its stuck in an os sleep/hibernation state then eventually the battery will die and it should work. The concern is that when i attach power nothing happens, so seems like its dead. New firmware may well fix all these issues, but not if the thing wont boot.

Need to know in case i have to return it under warente

Use magic Report

miczl57| Post time 3-3-2016 09:11:44 | Show all posts
Hello,

I think my HI8 pro as the same issue....
No boot,no bliking led on charge...
I try to press power 3 times and 10 sec the 4 time and nothing happened.

Use magic Report

D_ART| Post time 3-3-2016 17:58:30 | Show all posts
My one used the same way to die. Now it doesn't boot and charging (LED isn't blinking). The tablet doesn't react at all.
Owner of dead Hi8 Pro ( PQ32G221****3365 ) - sent back

Use magic Report

admin| Post time 3-3-2016 23:24:25 | Show all posts
counterfitninja replied at 3-3-2016 04:02
Mine seems to have done the same. Was in Windows and then black screen. looked to be charging for a  ...

Hi , I am sorry to hear that , I think you can return it to the seller ,thanks

Use magic Report

admin| Post time 3-3-2016 23:24:49 | Show all posts
D_ART replied at 3-3-2016 17:58
My one used the same way to die. Now it doesn't boot and charging (LED isn't blinking). The tablet d ...

Hi , I am sorry to hear that , I think you can return it to the seller ,thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list