ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro Tablet died.

Follow Us

Tablet died.

[Copy link]

umnitra|Post time:3-23-2016 18:11:44 View:18903|Reply:142

Vedran| Post time 3-16-2016 10:09:11 | Show all posts
After almost of 3 weeks of fun, 2 days ago, tablet decided it's time for eternal sleep. I just cannot turn it on anymore. I tried charging it, and it seemed that charging was still working (LED was blinking and it was getting warmer as it charged). A day later, it won't even charge anymore. I tried all actions recommended in this thread and now I just sadly stare at it. Any cool ideas apart from sending it back?
Owner of miraculously revived Hi8 Pro ( PQ32G22151102244 )
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 3-16-2016 18:22:30 | Show all posts
Vedran replied at 3-16-2016 10:09
After almost of 3 weeks of fun, 2 days ago, tablet decided it's time for eternal sleep. I just canno ...

Charge your tablet for a long time. Then press the power button three times, and then press the power button for 10 seconds.
I hope it will work.

Use magic Report

Vedran| Post time 3-16-2016 22:49:30 | Show all posts
I am doing that for 3 days now, still not turning on. Now it doesn't want to charge anymore.

Use magic Report

counterfitninja| Post time 3-18-2016 06:01:07 | Show all posts
I dont think these tablet can easily be brought back to life. i have tried every conceivable method and now it looks like its a $100 paper weight, with the cost of postage to return it to China outweighing the cost of the device. Pretty useless now tbh

Use magic Report

the_bart123| Post time 3-18-2016 11:35:03 | Show all posts
same as I've got exact the same situation - about £60 to return it - cost me about £70

Use magic Report

Vedran| Post time 3-20-2016 14:24:59 | Show all posts
Edited by Vedran at 3-20-2016 14:26

I hope this story doesn't sound too incredible but I have some good news:
When my tablet "died", I turned it off with not much battery left, Windows menu-> Power -> Shutdown, not just pressing the power button.
Next day, I couldn't turn it on, so I charged it for the majority of following 4 days, trying to power it on almost every half hour.
After 4 days, LED light stopped blinking, I gave up as I thought that tablet completely died.
During next 3 days I was randomly trying to charge it for short periods of time just to see if LED will start blinking again, it didn't.
I was also trying to power it on in random intervals using known 3 short + 1 long press method.
Today I was literally rubbing the screen to clean it and accidentally pressed power button (apparently long enough), and it somehow got kickstarted.
Battery was at 9% apparently despite long periods of charging during past 7 days. My conclusion is that something with power circuitry is not doing its job properly and tablet wouldn't reliably charge. Consequently, it wouldn't power on due to lack of charge. Now it's happily charging and works just as before.
I don't want to give anyone false hope, I guess I was super lucky (Easter miracle?), but maybe you shouldn't give up on your unit and keep trying to revive it if you don't plan to return it for a refund.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 3-20-2016 17:33:52 | Show all posts
Vedran replied at 3-20-2016 14:24
I hope this story doesn't sound too incredible but I have some good news:
When my tablet "died", I t ...

Thanks for your share, it will help a lot.

Use magic Report

jim| Post time 3-22-2016 02:11:34 | Show all posts
CHUWI , plz, we need clear answers about our plastic-junk you call hi8 pro !

«To get a working tablet from Chuwi,
You must buy at least three»

Use magic Report

SHARKproof| Post time 3-23-2016 03:38:13 | Show all posts
I have had the same problem with my chuwi hi8 pro and now it is charging fine. Maybe my experience could be helpful for a workaround.... but please, i am a user and not a expert or a developer. try it on your own risk.

I have flash my bios with the version of the posting from 16th march (see the last posting under Firmware HI8 pro). It sould be the old one, but after the update my chuwi charge fine and i have no problems until yet. Maybe it could be helpful to do the same.

before flashing i try every day the workaround with three power klicks and the 12 seconds button hold. sometimes it's runs, sometimes not. i think it is important, do this workaround step by step. First the usb-cable must be not inside. than three times click the power button and after than hold the power button 12 seconds. during this time you see the chuwi icon on display (hold on the power button) and after 10 seconds the chuwi icon light off. if i input the usb-cable after the 12 seconds i see the chuwi icon flash on for 2 seconds again  and the chuwi will be charging. If the icon not flash on after i input the usb-cable, i try the procedure step by step again...

so, good luck...   

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 3-23-2016 18:11:44 | Show all posts
SHARKproof replied at 3-23-2016 03:38
I have had the same problem with my chuwi hi8 pro and now it is charging fine. Maybe my experience c ...

Thank you for your experience.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list