ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] The instruction to Reinstall Windows 10 f ...

Follow Us

[HiBook] [Tutorial] The instruction to Reinstall Windows 10 for Chuwi HiBook

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:1-7-2017 02:01:46 View:14369|Reply:38

qboy| Post time 10-15-2016 06:42:02 | Show all posts
I encountered a couple similar problems mentioned in this thread.
With a few trial and errors and referring to the replies in this thread, I got windows 10 reinstalled successfully on my Hibook.
- There is no BOOTEX file in the rar files, and I finished the reinstallation without it.
- I have to use the OTG micro USB port and a USB2.0 hub.   I have tried a Type-C->USB hub but not successful.  So I could plug the charger to Type-C port to provide power.
- USB thumb-drive plugged on certain ports on my USB2.0 hub failed.  Only the one furthest from the cable works.   (Thanks to WinDroid's tips!)  So you need to keep trying from one port to another to try your luck.
- After it finished reading the image file (100%), my Hibook did not restart itself.  It has blank screen but there was power coming out to the USB hub.  The power LED on my USB hub was still lit up for over 10 mins.  I needed to press and hold the power button to force power shutdown.  After that, I powered up the tablet and it took another 10mins or so to install the newly copied image files.   It showed a blue screen with messages like "Getting ready", etc.
- After that, win10 prompts you for country, keyboard layout, time zone, user name, wifi, etc. as usual for brand new win10 installation.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

notnate| Post time 10-15-2016 20:32:45 | Show all posts
After reinstalling windows, it is saying it needs to be activated and the product key provided does not work with that version of windows, where can i get the activation code/product key?

Use magic Report

lalo| Post time 11-11-2016 21:58:21 | Show all posts
Someone who has the bootex file?

Use magic Report

johan8588| Post time 11-13-2016 22:35:07 | Show all posts
HI Emily, I have Chuwi HiBook Pro and want to reinstall my windows. Is it possible if I use my USB OTG Flash Drive to micro USB port of Chuwi and and use my original keyboard HiBook Pro, and not use USB HUB, and use Flash Drive and USB Keyboard both like u said before?

Use magic Report

johan8588| Post time 11-13-2016 22:50:02 | Show all posts
Hi Emily, I already download https://www.dropbox.com/sm/passw ... indows.zip%3Fdl%3D0
But after I unzip there is no file BOOTEX? Can u give me the file is?

Use magic Report

Galoper| Post time 11-16-2016 14:04:48 | Show all posts
Hi there.
There's no BOOTEX file in the rar. Bu t i think that is not a problem. I instal teh image without that file and its running well.
No need of HUB if you have the official keyboard. Just like someone aid on the first page of the post, only a OTG and PEN is needed.

Use magic Report

wessam| Post time 11-19-2016 01:53:27 | Show all posts
Hey there,
I did exactly the steps for reinstalling Windows OS But my tablet stopped working at all, when i press power button, nothing happen even when plug it to the charger the charger led doesn't blink.
Any help please?

Use magic Report

indiandevil| Post time 12-22-2016 05:34:05 | Show all posts
hi
i did as this states
could reinstall windows and android.
Working well. had to change language to english from mandarin in android
the problem now is that windows is not activated !
what should be done ?
thanks

Use magic Report

Lioraclev| Post time 1-7-2017 02:01:46 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Can I install win 8?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list