I encountered a couple similar problems mentioned in this thread.|
With a few trial and errors and referring to the replies in this thread, I got windows 10 reinstalled successfully on my Hibook.
- There is no BOOTEX file in the rar files, and I finished the reinstallation without it.
- I have to use the OTG micro USB port and a USB2.0 hub. I have tried a Type-C->USB hub but not successful. So I could plug the charger to Type-C port to provide power.
- USB thumb-drive plugged on certain ports on my USB2.0 hub failed. Only the one furthest from the cable works. (Thanks to WinDroid's tips!) So you need to keep trying from one port to another to try your luck.
- After it finished reading the image file (100%), my Hibook did not restart itself. It has blank screen but there was power coming out to the USB hub. The power LED on my USB hub was still lit up for over 10 mins. I needed to press and hold the power button to force power shutdown. After that, I powered up the tablet and it took another 10mins or so to install the newly copied image files. It showed a blue screen with messages like "Getting ready", etc.
- After that, win10 prompts you for country, keyboard layout, time zone, user name, wifi, etc. as usual for brand new win10 installation.