ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Android Wifi Problems

Follow Us

Android Wifi Problems

[Copy link]

Zaxxon|Post time:5-24-2016 04:51:01 View:4527|Reply:26

Hello!

Got my HiBook and like it so far, aside from one very annoying, bad issue - under Android I can't keep a stable and fast Wifi connection. Wifi will slow down randomly, disconnect every few seconds/minutes, becomes unresponsive and such. I tried a multitude of Wifi networks and locations, and it's all the same. Anyone have any idea what to do? It's working just fine in W10, but unusable in Android.

Thanks already in advance,
Zax

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 5-20-2016 17:22:47 | Show all posts
Hello,
Please update latest BIOS to solve this issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmk9ip ... %28wifi%29.rar?dl=0
Password: en.chuwi.com
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Modelman1968| Post time 5-22-2016 07:30:25 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi Emily, when was this bios created and what issues dies it correct?

Use magic Report

Zaxxon| Post time 5-22-2016 09:12:41 | Show all posts
Thank you Emily! I will try this and report back!

Use magic Report

Zaxxon| Post time 5-23-2016 04:35:57 | Show all posts
emily replied at 5-20-2016 17:22
Hello,
Please update latest BIOS to solve this issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmk9ipoza4bx1o8/Hi%2 ...

Hello again, Emily!

Upgraded the BIOS (at the end of the upgrade it did not reboot, but finished with a command line, but everything seemed to have been updated successfully - an "exit" command turned off the tablet and it rebooted successfully. The wifi issue is still the same. It keeps working for a few seconds and then disconnects (can't find DNS, times out, etc) while the wifi indicator still shows connected, the network shows connected, traffic arrows are flashing, just as if it would be ok, but no internet access. Please help!

Thanks,
Zax

Use magic Report

Modelman1968| Post time 5-23-2016 07:42:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi Zax, have you tried resting all apps? If you go into settings/apps, scroll pages left to "all", and in the menu bar at the back click "reset app preferences". This should clear google play services cache. Could also be worth uninstalling google play services and reinstalling. I've cured some of problems that way in the past, but can't promise anything.

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 5-23-2016 08:36:09 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Try turning off lpv6 support on your router. See if that helps

Use magic Report

Zaxxon| Post time 5-23-2016 12:32:07 | Show all posts
Just did the app reset - no change. And I can't change the settings in some of the networks I need to use. But it also would be strange, since under W10 there are no problems, albeit the WiFi speed is dismal compared to other devices on the same networks. I was hoping these tablets would work out for an application we've been planning at work, but if the WiFi is temperamental like this it's unusable unfortunately, since we need at least average WiFi performance under W10 and Android. No need for crazy speeds, but stable connections...

Use magic Report

Zaxxon| Post time 5-23-2016 18:02:13 | Show all posts
More testing today - wifi stays (mostly) connected when something is using the connection (e.g. streaming music), but speed is VERY slow - about 6Mbps on 2.4GHz when my Nexus 7 right next to it does 40-50Mbps over the same test. As soon as the tablet sleeps, wifi disconnects (even though disconnect is disabled) and won't reconnect on wakeup reliably. If there is no traffic wifi drops out completely or signal gets very week (no bar) or wifi icon completely disappears for 30 seconds or so at a time....just very flaky. Does anyone else have these issues or am I the only one dealing with this?

Use magic Report

Zaxxon| Post time 5-24-2016 04:51:01 | Show all posts
So a little further, but still no fix - re-installed the Android partition with the image available here. Went smooth, fresh install, everything worked, Wifi was VERY fast right after setup. First time the tablet went to sleep, issues started again. Speed stayed good, but random disconnects, long wait times to reconnect, even though wifi always on during sleep is enabled. Issues got much much worse the moment I connected my bluetooth keyboard that I used to use without issues on my Nexus 7. Speeds dropped, internet disconnects, random slowness if there was a connection. Without the bluetooth keybard, it's definitely better, yet still not great. There has to be something messed up in the network stack or drivers for the wifi/BT module I am thinking...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list