Android Wifi Problems - page 2 - Chuwi HiBook - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Android Wifi Problems

Follow Us

Android Wifi Problems

[Copy link]

Zaxxon|Post time:8-3-2016 11:32:26 View:5285|Reply:26

leon_funnell| Post time 5-25-2016 04:40:45 | Show all posts
Try turning off bluetooth.  Been told by Chuwi support on Facebook messenger to do this and it improved it on Windows for me.  See my post http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1430-1-1.html.  Supposedly the antenna needs replacing.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Zaxxon| Post time 5-27-2016 04:20:36 | Show all posts
Yes there is a huge difference in WiFi stability without the BT keyboard connected / BT turned off! This really makes all the difference. Thanks for that! However, is Chuwi replacing the unit with an updated one? I mean, it says nowhere that you can't use WiFi and BT together, and it doesn't make much sense not being able to, especially since we're using the tablets to communicate via BT headsets as well!

Chuwi Support: How will this be handled? Thanks!!!

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 5-27-2016 05:00:49 | Show all posts
Edited by DigitalMD at 5-27-2016 05:05
Zaxxon replied at 5-27-2016 04:20
Yes there is a huge difference in WiFi stability without the BT keyboard connected / BT turned off!  ...

This seems to be a problem for some customers, but not for all. I use a Bluetooth keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse on my  Hi12 with no problems. I have tried speed and stability tests with and without the Bluetooth and find no difference.
Can you post a screenshot of your Wifi and Bluetooth driver details from device manager in Windows?
snap1.PNG

Use magic Report

Zozzo| Post time 7-14-2016 13:59:21 | Show all posts
I have a problem with WIFI in Android too. After wakeup from a longish (10-15 minutes long) sleep period my network connection becomes very slow. The loading of web pages hang and I cannot connect to the FTP server I created on the tablet from my PC, so local network access suffers too. The interesting thing is that WIFI is not completely dead. The signal indicator shows full strength and I can ping my router and the IP address of youtube.com. I don’t see anything special in the logs. After 2-3 minutes of suffering the connection becomes normal and everything loads with normal speed.
The BIOS update in this thread didn’t help at all. It installed OK, but no change in the positive direction.
In windows WIFI looks to be OK, so it must be some kind of software/driver problem in Android. Somehow WIFI screws up after a few minutes of inactivity. Maybe it doesn’t come back from power save mode quickly enough, I am only guessing.
I am getting fed up with this, please do something about it.

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 7-15-2016 00:00:04 | Show all posts
same here!!  worst wifi on tablet ever!  I didnt see it even on 50$ tablet!  need really hardware antenna fix! metal case also reducing signals. My cell phone connect and downloaf x10 speeds from far away distance than hibook! really dissapointment

Use magic Report

Zozzo| Post time 7-15-2016 00:52:00 | Show all posts
Just an update: during charging wifi connection remained stable even after waking up from sleep, so I still think it must be some kind of power management issue.
I will try with another wireless network to rule out router imcompatibility.

Use magic Report

Zozzo| Post time 7-16-2016 05:02:41 | Show all posts
I think i solved my android wifi problems. The problem was WPA group key renewal. My router renewed the group key every 10 minutes, but the tablet didn't take note of this change during sleep. The tablet only got a new key on the next renewal when it was awake.The tablet misses the key generation sometimes  even when wifi sleep policy is set to never.
As a workaround I set key generation period to 1 week on my router admin page, so it will fail only once a week at most.
Another solution would be to reassociate with the router automatically on every wakeup using an app like Tasker.
I hope this helps someone.

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 7-19-2016 03:19:01 | Show all posts
Anroid wifi is terrible I cant use it too..very slow speeds and dissapear after sleep totally.Looks connected but no data traffic!  Need very urgent fix for from Chuwi!  Wpa key thing not everytime can be do we connect to public wifi's and no access to router to change that..

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 8-3-2016 07:30:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
yes emily what u waiting for?????!!!!!!!  after bios update android wifi still not working!!! when you will fix it??  40$ tablet pc working much better wifi

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 8-3-2016 11:32:26 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
emily,  what u waiting for ???? when you will fix android wifi problems????

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list