ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Android Wifi Problems

Follow Us

Android Wifi Problems

[Copy link]

Zaxxon|Post time:8-10-2017 06:51:58 View:4526|Reply:26

emily| Post time 8-4-2016 00:36:17 | Show all posts
eltdesign replied at 8-3-2016 11:32
emily,  what u waiting for ???? when you will fix android wifi problems????

Perhaps you need to replace the antenna of the HiBook. The first batch of HiBook antenna is not enough long so that the wifi signal is too weak.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 8-4-2016 08:26:56 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
how to do that?  create a officiai howto for first batch devices to how to replace antenna then! how you can put poor antenna to this kinda not very cheap tablet I really dont understand! on winfows10 wifi working more good and more long distance so aomething wrong on android too

Use magic Report

Zozzo| Post time 8-5-2016 03:05:46 | Show all posts
@eltdesign: Have you tried my WPA group key renewal tip on your home router? I know it is worthless on public wifi, but if it helps at home, we and Chuwi would at least know what the problem is. I think it is software bug which should be patched.

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 8-5-2016 12:20:10 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I dont use home wifi...at home no problem much because router very near..the problem public ones

Use magic Report

limaleloul| Post time 8-19-2016 11:45:40 | Show all posts
Hello everyone

I am having too the same issue here : Wifi is slow when BT is activated.

I did the bios update but it seems not to be working

Got these results via speedtest.net on a 30mbps Fiber very close to the routeur : With BT : 10mbps dl / 0.98mbps ul // Withou BT : 30mbps dl / 1.02mbps ul

Emily, if you read me, i need your help ! As i imported my tablet, i can't send it back to the seller. But i am willing to open it and see if a hardware solution is possible. I just need help !

Is there a tutorial available to explain how to modify the antenna, or fix the issue ?

Thank you in advance

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 8-31-2016 12:17:18 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
possible temporary solution to use the usb wireless dongle with 2dbi antenna

Use magic Report

jumprope| Post time 8-10-2017 06:51:58 | Show all posts
Gang, I was have the intermittent wi-fi issue on my Chuwi Hi12 and it was driving me bananas.  Nothing I did would fix it, and I had resigned myself to resetting the wifi whenever I needed it to work.  Then, this summer, I was traveling and noticed that one hotel's wifi was not dropping!  Hmmm.  Dug around some more and it turns out that being a security-minded fellow, I was using a security protocol that was too intensive for the poor Hi12.  

- On my main router I was running WPA2 Personal (PSK) + AES under Shibby Tomato.
- I daisychained a second router on a new subnet, and enabled WPA Personal (PSK) + TKIP

Result: no dropping!  WPA + TKIP isn't as secure, but at least the Hi12 can handle it.

I will crosspost this to a couple threads as it does seem to be the solution.  Sadly my version of Android on this device still won't keep wifi active in sleep mode, but at least now the connection is not dropping every 5 minutes.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list