ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook HiBook will no longer detect 64GB MicroSD Card

Follow Us

HiBook will no longer detect 64GB MicroSD Card

[Copy link]

SuperSeven|Post time:9-10-2016 18:35:05 View:6307|Reply:35

Modelman1968| Post time 7-8-2016 06:04:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
When I insert/remove sd card whilst in settings/storage the card is momentarily recognised, I've tried to quickly tap mount/unmount when the card flashes up but it doesn't seem to work. Chuwi, is there any way to reset the sd card reader? I've flashed the latest bios but it didn't help. It is a tad frustrating!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 7-11-2016 11:33:51 | Show all posts
it happening to me also sandisk 64gb exfat formatted sometime auto mounted and sometimes windows not see it and I pull out and re-insert again and started to working as usual again...My android never seen the sdcard very interesting..you guys can use sdcard on android as move apps to sdcard too?

Use magic Report

tux123| Post time 7-21-2016 04:20:54 | Show all posts
anything ????
Growing more and more disappointed with the Chuwi HiBook. Now I have Wifi Problems in Windows too, gaming performance in android absolutely sucks and is below par compared to other atom based tablets which perform just fine. First and last tablets from Chuwi for me. Advice: stay well clear and buy something else!!!!!!!

Use magic Report

filldevis| Post time 8-3-2016 15:40:21 | Show all posts
I have a problem with SD Storage Class Controller . He stoped to work in/with Windows 10. When i switch on Android - I dont have the problem with  SD Storage Class Controller.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

All of below options didn`t help, I tried to update driver software, unistall the driver, disable the selected device in Device Manager, also troubleshoot, Reinstalled Windows 10 for Chuwi HiBook

Tell me please how can I figure out this problem? It has been only few moths since i bought the tablet and now it does`t work like it should be, so what should i do with it?
Capture.PNG
vfvfvfvf.PNG
fvfvfvf.PNG

Use magic Report

Qoncussion| Post time 8-27-2016 19:18:03 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Bump... Me too - 64gb worked for 3 weeks, now gone...

Use magic Report

TheCasualT| Post time 9-4-2016 07:21:30 | Show all posts
Have the same problem. The device even refuses to read the sd-card on Android side now. Is there really anyone with a solution so far?

Use magic Report

donmorsa| Post time 9-4-2016 11:12:06 | Show all posts
sadly yesterday i tried reinstalling both OS (Android and Windows) but SD/TF reader still not working, i think its a seriously hardware problem. We are still waiting a response from Chuwi. @Emily, do you know something about this?

I might try repairing it myself, but i need to know what SD/TF adapter i will need to buy/replace and how to install it.

Maybe some hardware expert can help us?

Use magic Report

Modelman1968| Post time 9-4-2016 12:25:08 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Personally I've always thought this was a firmware issue as the sd/tf adapter momentarily registers the card on insertion, plus we can't all have faulty adapters? It just needs some bright spark to adapt a suitable firmware, unfortunately I'm more of a glowing ember. ;-)

Use magic Report

donmorsa| Post time 9-4-2016 18:12:31 | Show all posts
I looked at a very old 128MB micro sd card that i have, and tried it in my hibook, and ¡the SD Card appears on "my computer"!. Can't use it because i think the card is failing, but is a good signal for the hibook's card reader. ¿Any idea? may be is a capacity/brand/type issue of the cards?

Use magic Report

Modelman1968| Post time 9-10-2016 18:35:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Having flashed the remix ROM posted here I can confirm that it fixes the problem of unrecognised sd card so outta definitely a software issue. I hope that at some point Chuwi will man up and update the firmware but in the meantime I'll use remix OS.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list