ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook HiBook will no longer detect 64GB MicroSD Card

Follow Us

HiBook will no longer detect 64GB MicroSD Card

[Copy link]

SuperSeven|Post time:2-18-2017 18:10:36 View:5088|Reply:35

donmorsa| Post time 9-13-2016 12:09:39 | Show all posts
Remix OS recognize right the SD cards. But when for some reason needs format it, remix crashes and reset. (At least in my case)

Yes, its definitly a software driver problem, and chuwi it's not the unique brand with the problem. Some Teclast tablets have the same issue and the users are using an old windows 8 driver for fix it temporally.

I tried to install these drivers but i can't do it work.

Maybe someone can try it: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/reading-sdxc-card/

In other cases, other brands are providing fix patches or bios update that solves the problem. Please we need Chuwi look at this issue.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Modelman1968| Post time 9-13-2016 13:09:37 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
It seems I was celebrating prematurely.... The sd card has disappeared again. TWRP recognises it as being there but fails to write to it, I've tried to write a backup but it fails. As donmorsa says, it's about time the bios got updated to fix this issue and I would have thought that all this is bad publicity for Chuwi. It's these niggling little issues which make the difference between a premium manufacturer and a budget manufacturer, and ultimately makes the difference between whether or not I'll buy a Chuwi tablet in future. So, c'mon Chuwi, step up to your obligations. I'd like to remain loyal to your brand and recommend you to others. Rant over.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 9-13-2016 15:05:39 | Show all posts
It can't be solved with just a bios upgrade, alot of tablets suffer from this error, even Surface 3 Pro struggles with it
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

donmorsa| Post time 9-16-2016 08:09:51 | Show all posts
Well, as i really need work with both Operating systems with an razonable storage space for work, i'm thinking in something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... smid=A3UZZ0M53CX865
or https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... ;smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm waiting now a shipment with my hibook pro, but it seems it might have the same problem, considering that have very similar hardware.

Use magic Report

Freddie| Post time 9-26-2016 08:10:40 | Show all posts
I have the same problem : an unbranded 64gb micro sd stopped working on my hibook.
But a Kngstone 16gb card works by now... maybe it's a compatibility problem?
If peoples using without problems a micro sd card can post the brand of theirs cards, we can understand if it's a compatibility problem, and which brand have no problems.
THX

Use magic Report

pmc2992| Post time 10-16-2016 15:31:47 | Show all posts
Hi all,

Just encountered this issue. Have had my hibook for about 2 weeks, sd card has been working fine until today. Exactly the same symptoms as above, code 10 error in Intel SD Host Controller.

Any updates or fixes?

Cheers!

Use magic Report

intrax| Post time 11-9-2016 16:49:27 | Show all posts
Edited by intrax at 11-9-2016 16:52

Hi all,

In my opinion it is a faulty BIOS problem as these tablets (Atom Z5-8300) were never intended for dual boot, so the bios settings for sd card reader need to change everytime you switch os. Sometimes this doesn't work and eventually this breaks the card reader imo. Pls heave a look at my post here: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 15555&fromuid=10684

Use magic Report

intrax| Post time 11-23-2016 14:54:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Same problem here on Hibook pro. Seems like a drivers/bios issue. Why is this problem not solved by now ?

Use magic Report

Modelman1968| Post time 11-24-2016 05:45:16 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I'm not one to cause a fuss and I can get around the problem with usb sticks etc but it is laughable that Chuwi hasn't addressed this issue for HiBook owners, even worse that the HiBook pro has the same issue and it still isn't addressed. My gut feeling is that they can't do much about the machines which are already shipped as the sd card reader will have failed, assuming Intrax to be correct. On the whole I'm very happy with my HiBook, now running on REMIX 2.0. I'd like the luxury of deleting the Windows partitions and gaining extra storage, especially because of the sd reader problem but you can't have everything.

Use magic Report

supremoh| Post time 2-18-2017 18:10:36 | Show all posts
Edited by supremoh at 3-2-2017 18:18

Fail, it doesn't work

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list