God Awful Wifi - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 God Awful Wifi

Follow Us

God Awful Wifi

[Copy link]

ribuck|Post time:5-26-2016 16:31:49 View:2483|Reply:13

Hi All,

I'm at the point of Sending my Chuwi Hi12 back as it has the worst Wifi of any device i have ever encountered.  I have a High end router, a Linksys WRT 1900ACS which is legendarry for it super strong Wifi signal, yet the heap of junk Chuwi Hi12 cant even seem to get a proper signal less than 1.5ft away on the other side of a stud partition wall. The signal strength show up a full bars on the Chuwi but i constanly looses connection under android making the android part of the laptop useless as most andriod games require contastant connection,  so for me all my games keep showing a wifi error then usually crash and lock up.

Anyone got a fix for this before i send it back.

Rich.

Use magic Report

BoORDeL| Post time 5-23-2016 06:01:21 | Show all posts
have you installed the new bios?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ribuck| Post time 5-23-2016 07:31:20 | Show all posts
Hi, I've just installed it an testing now, so will report back in a few hours to give it a fair test.

Use magic Report

ribuck| Post time 5-23-2016 07:57:55 | Show all posts
Edited by ribuck at 5-23-2016 08:01

Well it didin't take long to test as the wifi is still as bad as ever. I tried flashing the bios again to double check and i did notice a strange message at the end, saying that the image was not compatible with the 64bit shell, so not sure if this is normal or not

[url=blob:https://drive.google.com/c4202dd0-2f44-4a20-960b-928a41cf382b]blob:https://drive.google.com/c4202dd0-2f44-4a20-960b-928a41cf382b[/url]

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 5-23-2016 08:30:54 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You clearly have a hardware defect. Don't assume we all have that issue. We don't. Sadly you will have to return your device for repair or replace.  I would guess the wifi antenna is disconnected

Use magic Report

alquix| Post time 5-23-2016 08:34:53 | Show all posts
the easiest and cheapest fix would be to get an 802.11ac usb dongle. They make them surprisingly small now if you check aliexpress. Stable and fast Wifi is a problem on this tablet for most people, but even if it were fixed to give normal N speeds and distance, you would still not be utilizing your router to it's fullest.

Use magic Report

leon_funnell| Post time 5-25-2016 04:46:34 | Show all posts
I have the same issue on my Hibook.  I was told to disable Bluetooth and lo and behold it fixed the issue.  It is aparrently due to a badly made antenna and they suggested I get it changed(?).  I said its under warranty and they recommended to contact the supplier (Gearbest for me).  Please let me know if this helps.  I set up a constant ping in Windows to my default gateway (ping 192.168.0.1 -t for me) and when I turn off bluetooth the latency instantly drops from several seconds down to 5ms.

Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz wifi use the same bands, so this is a bad design of the tablet.  I have asked for a fix or refund.

Use magic Report

ribuck| Post time 5-26-2016 16:02:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
i will try the bluetooth method and let you know.

in the bios under android option there is also about 5 modems listed. does anyone know which one is the correct one, in case it was set with the wrong one

Use magic Report

ribuck| Post time 5-26-2016 16:07:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
just checked and in android bluetooth is off. does it need to be disabled in bios ?

Use magic Report

ribuck| Post time 5-26-2016 16:31:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
just tested with a constant ping and it's jumping anywhere between 400-5000ms. utter junk, should have known better than to buy cheap chinese rubbish

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list