[Tutorial] The Instruction to flash Windows 10 for CHUWI Hi10 - page 7 - Tutorial - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] The Instruction to flash Windows 10 for C ...

Follow Us

[Hi10] [Tutorial] The Instruction to flash Windows 10 for CHUWI Hi10

[Copy link]

admin|Post time:8-31-2017 22:46:27 View:64562|Reply:92

crazy8mac| Post time 5-2-2017 04:58:33 | Show all posts
Where do I download the files needed to flash Windows 10?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ipadmania| Post time 5-17-2017 03:33:54 | Show all posts
this is work great, just download the Windows 6 part files and inside there will be USB1 and USB2, follow these steps and it is working great !

Problem with Windows 10 failed to boot is solved, thx !

Use magic Report

fgaine| Post time 8-8-2017 23:47:52 | Show all posts
I had to follow these instructions after having to reinstall Windows (Android flashing wiped the Windows partition), and they are very confusing so to simplify things:
-don't bother renaming the usb flash drives
-I got 6 files, not 7 - and there was no USB1 and USB2 stuff in my zip files
-just drop the 'images' file on the NTFS formatted flash drive and the other 6 on the FAT formatted one
-just put the ntfs flash drive in the hub, start up the pc to boot selector, insert the other flash drive, select 'partition 1' and hit 'enter'
-You will get a BSOD (blue screen of death) Don't panic! Just CTRL Alt Del to restart the device then do not touch anything until installation is complete.

Use magic Report

mrmond| Post time 8-31-2017 06:01:44 | Show all posts
Can someone tell me what files from the image folder go on the second drive ? I have tried several times and each time it starts the process and then fails with an error that it doesn't find the image.
In the instructions on the first page it clearly shows to copy the 7 files to the first USB and seems to show copying  the image FOLDER containing the image file to the second USB. Is this correct?
If not then the instructions really need updating/changing to say it's just the contents of the folder.
If it is correct then I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The fat usb drive has the boot files and the ntfs usb has the image files. But it fails every time.
After it fails both usb drives show as a 100mb partition at the start and unreadable until I reformat and copy the files on to them to try again.
It's getting very frustrating..

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-31-2017 11:58:52 | Show all posts
mrmond replied at 8-31-2017 17:01
Can someone tell me what files from the image folder go on the second drive ? I have tried several t ...

Hello mrmond,
Why you use a second drive at all?
It looks like a bullshit! If it is written in any manual, then just use another adequate manual.

Use magic Report

mrmond| Post time 8-31-2017 12:09:05 | Show all posts
Edited by mrmond at 8-31-2017 12:17

Because that is what the instructions say to do at the start of this thread, lol. 2 USB drives , HUB and OTG for keyboard
Are you saying I can do the flash by putting all the files on one drive ? Is that what you did ?
If I can just use one flash drive then why do I need a Hub and if one USB then NTFS or Fat32 ?

You only raise more questions and my original question was to clarify what I need to do

BTW, no bullshit, my error is the same as the screenshot in post #31.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-31-2017 12:21:02 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 9-1-2017 13:48

How to flash the official Chuwi Windows 10 install file for Hi10 with one flash drive only and without USB Hub

1. Necessary accessories and prepare a bootable USB media
You must have these accessories at least:
- Chuwi dock-keyboard or any wired or wireless USB-keyboard (USB dongle).
- 8GB USB flash drive.
It's better to format your flash drive by Rufus utility. You can find the app itself, its screenshot and rufus.ini file in Rufus.zip.
Rufus.zip (844.95 KB, Downloads: 52)

Use magic Report

mrmond| Post time 8-31-2017 12:46:59 | Show all posts
These look like good instructions and easier to follow than the first post. I still don't really understand that if I just need one USB and keyboard attached why I can't just plug both into USB ports on tablet without a HUB.

And just to be clear, I unzip all files, image AND setup files to the root of the ntfs formatted drive, correct ?
Thanks for your help

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-31-2017 12:56:50 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 9-1-2017 06:52
mrmond replied at 8-31-2017 23:46
These look like good instructions and easier to follow than the first post. I still don't really und ...

Of course, you can do without the USB Hub. Try it for yourself and be sure it works.
I corrected this misunderstanding about two flash drives and a useless USB hub.

Yes, you should use ONE flash drive only. It's correct

Use magic Report

mrmond| Post time 8-31-2017 22:46:27 | Show all posts
Edited by mrmond at 8-31-2017 22:54

Well this is what happened. I formatted my USB with Rufus as described, I made sure to label the disk WINPE. Copied the files for 7 files for  boot to root of usb  and copied the 3 files from the images folder to root of usb,( capture.txt, install.txt, install.wim)   USBfile1.jpg
USB in the Blue Usb port and keyboard in the other.
Progress went further then..
Dispart assigned drive letter or mount point
Dispart shrunk the volume by : 450mb
Diskpart succeeded in creating the specified partition
100 perent completed
Dispart successfully formatted the volume

Diskpart successfuly assigned the drive letter or mount point
Diskpart successfully set the partition ID
Diskpart successfully assigned the attributes to the selected GPT partition

Loading Diskpart.

"Install.wim" NOT found."

An error has been detected.

If I retry to boot with the USB in it does the same thing and rebooting without the USB I have no Windows system anymore, just text messages and a shell prompt

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list