Since I could not get an answer of any sort over the past few weeks regarding the safe way to *JUST UPDATE THE FIRMWARE* for the wifi fix, I tried a few things. Here is what worked.|
YOU NEED A USB HUB. YOU NEED TO USE THE PROVIDED USB OTG CABLE TO ATTACH A USB HUB. DON'T TRY TO DO THIS THRU THE USC-C PORT (which is broken for all intents and purposes aside charging - another fix soon hopefully, as this is the entire appeal of this tablet)
(1) Format a USB flash drive as FAT32 and name it WINPE
(2) copy all the files from the HiBook WifI fix in the first post of this thread to the USB drive. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT REINSTALLING WINDOWS OR ANDROID, THIS WILL ONLY UPDATE THE BIOS
(3) Shut down the computer
(4) Use a USB hub to plug in the USB drive + a USB keyboard
(5) Turn on the tablet
(6) at the CHUWI Logo. Press F7 once a second until a boot menu appears
(7) Choose the USB drive, in my case it was the fourth option down marked SanDisk
(8) Let it do it's thing. It will take a few minutes
(9) when it is done, you will get a prompt telling you so. Turn off the machine, and then turn back on.
That is how mine worked. I had to discover this myself, as the guides had people listing NTFS as the format, the boot thing would error out, etc.
Best of luck