ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Shut down of my HiBook

Follow Us

Shut down of my HiBook

[Copy link]

Guido|Post time:6-2-2016 07:05:54 View:4963|Reply:69

At the moment I am configurating my new HiBook. I have loaded the accu and at the moment the battery level is 60%.Now windows shuts down -> black screen and I have to start the system again. I can work for a while and then system
shuts down again.  I get no error info or something else....

I have checked the driver versions - all curent versions. Has anyone the problem too ?

I am happy about every idea

Thank you

Guido

Use magic Report

Tyrigi| Post time 6-2-2016 05:24:01 | Show all posts
Same problem here, too many random shutdown from windows, did you already try to update to latest bios? I think it will solve the problem im not sure but i dont know how to update it
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Masterone| Post time 6-2-2016 05:48:02 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Same here, please help chuwi...

Use magic Report

Guido| Post time 6-2-2016 05:53:26 | Show all posts
Tyrigi replied at 6-2-2016 05:24
Same problem here, too many random shutdown from windows, did you already try to update to latest bi ...

I will perform the bios update on the weekend using the following documetation http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1332-1-1.html

The correct file must be http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1210-1-1.html ->Chuwi HiBook latest Bios download (solve wifi issue)

Unfortunately I find this no release notes ...

I will post my try...

Regards

Guido

Use magic Report

Jim_Lahey| Post time 6-2-2016 05:58:12 | Show all posts
Since I could not get an answer of any sort over the past few weeks regarding the safe way to *JUST UPDATE THE FIRMWARE* for the wifi fix, I tried a few things.  Here is what worked.

YOU NEED A USB HUB.  YOU NEED TO USE THE PROVIDED USB OTG CABLE TO ATTACH A USB HUB.  DON'T TRY TO DO THIS THRU THE USC-C PORT (which is broken for all intents and purposes aside charging - another fix soon hopefully, as this is the entire appeal of this tablet)

(1) Format a USB flash drive as FAT32 and name it WINPE
(2) copy all the files from the HiBook WifI fix in the first post of this thread to the USB drive.  DO NOT WORRY ABOUT REINSTALLING WINDOWS OR ANDROID, THIS WILL ONLY UPDATE THE BIOS
(3) Shut down the computer
(4) Use a USB hub to plug in the USB drive + a USB keyboard
(5) Turn on the tablet
(6) at the CHUWI Logo. Press F7 once a second until a boot menu appears
(7) Choose the USB drive, in my case it was the fourth option down marked SanDisk
(8) Let it do it's thing.  It will take a few minutes
(9) when it is done, you will get a prompt telling you so.  Turn off the machine, and then turn back on.

That is how mine worked.  I had to discover this myself, as the guides had people listing NTFS as the format, the boot thing would error out, etc.

Best of luck

Use magic Report

Guido| Post time 6-2-2016 06:13:31 | Show all posts
Jim_Lahey replied at 6-2-2016 05:58
Since I could not get an answer of any sort over the past few weeks regarding the safe way to *JUST  ...

@ Jim_Lahey:
For my understanding... : What do you mean with "YOU NEED A USB HUB.  YOU NEED TO USE THE PROVIDED USB OTG CABLE TO ATTACH A USB HUB." I have a USB-C Hub and the port is broken ?
What hub doc you recommend. It must have a micro usb connect ? I am irritated ;-)

Thank you

Guido

Use magic Report

Jim_Lahey| Post time 6-2-2016 06:25:03 | Show all posts
Guido replied at 6-2-2016 06:13
@ Jim_Lahey:
For my understanding... : What do you mean with "YOU NEED A USB HUB.  YOU NEED TO US ...

Well, you need two USB items plugged in; a USB flash disk and a USB keyboard.  Theoretically, it **should** work thru the USB-C port, but that port is really flaky.  Needs a lot of work, but give it a shot if you like...

The USB-OTG cable they include will allow you to use the mini USB port to attach a USB hub and therefore both a USB flash drive and a keyboard to boot off, while the USB-C port charges... that is why I recommend it that way.  You don't want a power problem in the middle of BIOS flashing.  It's all over if that happens....

Use magic Report

Guido| Post time 6-2-2016 06:39:30 | Show all posts
Jim_Lahey replied at 6-2-2016 06:25
Well, you need two USB items plugged in; a USB flash disk and a USB keyboard.  Theoretically, it * ...

Mmmhh I only got  a USB-C cable Have you bought the USB-OTG cable in addition?

Thanks

Guido

Use magic Report

Jim_Lahey| Post time 6-2-2016 06:43:54 | Show all posts
Guido replied at 6-2-2016 06:39

Thanks

Nope, it came with it...  Pretty easy to find, check any local PC shop or even cell phone accessories store.  Or, Amazon.  USB OTG cable to USB A female is the standard.

As far as USB-C goes, you can try it, but make sure it is charged fully.  Takes around 10 minutes on the high side... you should be fine, but again I cannot vouch for this... and I don't work for CHUWi so this is just what has worked for *ME*.

Use magic Report

Sinner777| Post time 6-2-2016 07:05:54 | Show all posts
Guido replied at 6-2-2016 06:39

Thanks

If you have a complete keyboard - cable is not required. (Use the ports on the keyboard)
by the way
Updating the BIOS does not help.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list