ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Shut down of my HiBook

Follow Us

Shut down of my HiBook

[Copy link]

Guido|Post time:6-9-2016 13:35:57 View:5289|Reply:69

AnakiMana| Post time 6-5-2016 16:28:48 | Show all posts
I don't have this issue, but I thought I did at one point and it was a dead battery.  As soon as I plugged it in for a minute and tried again, it powered up with 0% battery.

This tablet is so strange.  As a test, last night I was in Windows and just tapped the power button to sleep it with 100% battery.  About 4 hours later I woke it up.  It only had 17% battery left after 4 hours of sleep (or was the screen just off?) with nothing plugged into any ports.  This is with a pretty barebones factory install with April BIOS (not the latest).  I'm waiting to update the BIOS because my wifi works very well as-is.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Guido| Post time 6-5-2016 20:30:31 | Show all posts
I will observe the behavior of the tablet after the bios update but the posts in this forum makes me not really optimistic.... - perhaps this banana hardware / software will
grow up and fixed by chuwi - the specs of this tablet are good, so I hope for it.....

Use magic Report

Sinner777| Post time 6-5-2016 22:50:34 | Show all posts
I have decided this issue. She hardware. It will need to open the tablet. From the processor does not heat dissipation. Read more here. Only in Russian.
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s ... post&p=50152273
3 days none shut down

Use magic Report

Guido| Post time 6-6-2016 20:03:14 | Show all posts
ok I have no change to read / understand the russian language but thats sounds like a hardware design failure.
I would be interested to an opinion of Chui ....

Thanks

Guido

Use magic Report

Jim_Lahey| Post time 6-7-2016 04:07:24 | Show all posts
AnakiMana replied at 6-5-2016 16:28
I don't have this issue, but I thought I did at one point and it was a dead battery.  As soon as I p ...

If your Wifi works well, try a speed test.  my *PHONE* gets 3x the wifi speed as this tablet.   Even after I updated the BIOS.. Both devices report connecting to the router at 150Mbps.

On average on the HiBook, I get ~40Mbps local network downloads .... my phone gets ~150Mbps on the same file, same router, same distance.  Meanwhile on the Internet (230Mbps connection) it's the same exact story.  

Also, WiFi just *disappears* sometimes... like you physically unplugged it.. no trace of it in Device Manager when this happens.  This tablet is more than odd.

And get used to the wonky power stuff... it's a problem with the firmware that they might never fix.  Remember these are low cost tablets, and that means DUMP N RUN.

Use magic Report

moviebuff12| Post time 6-7-2016 08:51:40 | Show all posts
Any response from Chuwi regarding the HiBook turning off while on battery in Windows? It is unfortunate as this seems like a well built tablet and would be very popular choice but not with the shut off problem in Windows. Hopefully they are looking into a fix for this I don't want to return defective but I may have to and look at other tablet options. I have a feeling it is Bios issue the Hi12 had shut off problems also and was fixed by Chuwi in a bios update.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 6-7-2016 18:53:10 | Show all posts
Have you tried to reinstall the system?

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-7-2016 19:25:25 | Show all posts
moviebuff12 replied at 6-7-2016 11:51
Any response from Chuwi regarding the HiBook turning off while on battery in Windows? It is unfortun ...

Have you installed the BIOS update from May 17 (or aprox. that date) ?

Use magic Report

moviebuff12| Post time 6-8-2016 06:32:13 | Show all posts
No I haven't installed the Bios update , saw  some did  BIOS update and that didn't solve the shutting off issue. Also the BIOS update only stated it was fixing wifi issue nothing regarding the Hi-Book shutting off issue. I do still think it is a bios problem though.
Also read some reinstall system and wasn't a solution either . Guess I could try both just not too confident it will fix the issue.
Thanks, and hopefully Chuwi is looking into what the correct fix is for this problem

Use magic Report

NorthernBlogger| Post time 6-9-2016 13:35:57 | Show all posts
Have you all tried downloading the updated Intel HD Display drivers off the Intel website?

I was having a similar problem and it appears to be a display issue as the tablet is still running, it appears the screen is off. Worth a try?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list