ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Shut down of my HiBook

Follow Us

Shut down of my HiBook

[Copy link]

Guido|Post time:6-22-2016 11:20:55 View:3380|Reply:69

NorthernBlogger| Post time 6-14-2016 12:28:53 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ok I was wrong it's a battery/BIOS issue. Please fix Chuwi!!!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

joepepper| Post time 6-18-2016 04:07:46 | Show all posts
OK same issue and frustrated by no clear solution or instructions. Emily is the moderator? she needs to write what fixes are available for specific issues ..
Everyone is having this problem but I can't find anything saying what works  only "have you tried updating bios" or "have you tried reinstalling windows"

Well  I reinstallled Windows through repair tool , messed with bios settings, windows settings etc  I will try the download for windows to see if works and then I will try bios download reluctantly and report back on if fix for power/shutdown issue...unless someone can tell me what works?

Use magic Report

moviebuff12| Post time 6-18-2016 04:52:09 | Show all posts
It seems it may be related to the Windows being shutdown when on battery due to heat sink issue
see link below

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/windows-shuts-off/

Use magic Report

moviebuff12| Post time 6-18-2016 04:54:36 | Show all posts
Things have improved for my shutdown problem with the Bios update it seems. Only shut off once since I did it several days ago. Not really wanting to open up the tablet to correct the heat shield problem but may have to.

Use magic Report

joepepper| Post time 6-19-2016 10:11:32 | Show all posts
me too!!  BBut I did do the reset through the repair tool which I guess is a whole nother problem, but after I started to have windows failed boot problems while unplugged. As recommended I was going to reinstall windows factory image but kept getting failed downloads so I decided to update bios.. as I turned off windows  after 95% so I decided to do the bios update.  As I was sutting down windows to flash bios a windows update was set to run which I d
let run but still got crashes upon rebooting...so I updated bios, but did not use a hub I just plugged USB drive into keyboard. got the error discussed here where it stopped  running but mistakenly hit vol down key and saw give reply request for fastboot received and it booted into fastboot. I then did the 30 sec power button hold to get out of fastboot. I am happy to report that my windows boot problem is gone, at least for now. I have rebooted it dozens of times and never failed yet. tested with/without the keyboard and/or power cord in and  back and forth to android and with less than 25% power...all good .  never reinstalled windows. Also tested wifi reception 15 -18 mbps close to router 4-7 mbps about 30-40 ft away..  ... not sure if the windows update made a difference but wanted to let everyone know and thank you for your help and  DitigalMD
1 s. ago

Use magic Report

joepepper| Post time 6-21-2016 18:00:17 | Show all posts
OK.. that was a premature expectation.  My hibook crashed upon booting into windows  the next day.  and every time I tried, but booted up ok with charger plugged in.   Frustrated I found a different solution from a www.techtablets.com forum that has worked for 2 days so far.  There were many possible fixes discussed but here is what worked for me
Boot into bios holding power and continually pressing f7. chang the setting GDI Turbo to disabled , save and exit.  Will advise on status

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-21-2016 19:17:52 | Show all posts
joepepper replied at 6-19-2016 13:11
me too!!  BBut I did do the reset through the repair tool which I guess is a whole nother problem, b ...

I recommend you download the CORE Temp utility from this link and monitor the CPU to determine if its is temperature or power related.
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Core Temp

Core Temp

Use magic Report

joepepper| Post time 6-22-2016 05:53:16 | Show all posts
CoreTemp-Scr.png

OK maxaded it out and goes to upper limits but doesn't crash...what does that mean?

Use magic Report

joepepper| Post time 6-22-2016 06:16:01 | Show all posts
Edited by joepepper at 6-22-2016 06:18

I made a copy of the event log when it crashed but do not know what I am looking at...will these tell you the exact problem?  I read about the heat sink issue on the techtablet forum link given here but am reluctant to open up the tablet

New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

10.05 KB, Downloads: 1

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-22-2016 11:20:55 | Show all posts
Edited by DigitalMD at 6-22-2016 14:28
joepepper replied at 6-22-2016 08:53
OK maxaded it out and goes to upper limits but doesn't crash...what does that mean?

The temperatures are very normal. There is no problem with thermal.
That leaves only power, I  would have to conclude that Chuwi has a problem with the BIOS and needs to make a bug fix like they did for the Hi12.
Probably they are running the CPU and or memory at a very marginal voltage so that heavy acivity on the GPU and turbo boost drops the voltage seen to below critical levels and the CPU shuts down or begins to get errors.  yes the BIOS controls that, but user cannot change it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list