ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Shut down of my HiBook

Follow Us

Shut down of my HiBook

[Copy link]

Guido|Post time:1-6-2017 00:19:14 View:3410|Reply:69

Modelman1968| Post time 6-28-2016 15:00:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
TBH I don't know what version I'm running either, I just know it was released in May as a fix to Wi-Fi problems. It did improve my Wi-Fi, marginally but as I generally run android I haven't experienced the problems you were having. For me it's mild curiosity, generally my HiBook runs without issues. It will be interesting if Chuwi release a new bios update.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Surreal| Post time 6-28-2016 17:20:41 | Show all posts
Modelman1968 replied at 6-28-2016 15:00
TBH I don't know what version I'm running either, I just know it was released in May as a fix to Wi ...

Its a new BIOS from May 28th according to Speccy. I just flashed it from the link in the description of Northernblogger's video. Hoping it helps but I sorta doubt it. I had already flashed the May 7th BIOS earlier this month.

Use magic Report

NorthernBlogger| Post time 6-28-2016 23:02:44 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Please let me know if it does

Use magic Report

joepepper| Post time 7-6-2016 15:57:36 | Show all posts
Thanks for your help  I downloaded the BIOS from your you tube post and compared the files to the one posted here and they have all the same files dates and file sizes. So I believe they are the same. I flashed my BIOS using the original Chuwi Keyboard USB port thinking that some people didn't have the keyboard [and I had no OTG cable] but now am thinking I need to use the hub setup. I received an error message during flash that is talked about as being normal on other posts here...... but I see you didn't get this error. I will get a cable and try hub method to  if I get the error.

Use magic Report

eltdesign| Post time 7-8-2016 02:28:45 | Show all posts
Hi ppl,  My hibook the first batch from april in the beginning there was no problem and I can use it all the battery to %5-10 no problem and after sometime after some windows updates..etc device started to shutdown when it come to %55 or something also in heavy load condition like copy files and youtube or video play. Wifi reception also terrible. I flashed latest May 28 bios and things little improved but not %100 fix.Also wifi reception is better in windows10, Android cant even connect some of 50mt distance router. I think metal case also reduce the signals and poor antenna. Hardware fix need. Is there anybody can mount microsd card slot on android?  I saw broadcom gps device inside the bios I dont really sure real gps inside the device any info ?

Use magic Report

joepepper| Post time 7-11-2016 16:25:51 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
joepepper replied at 7-6-2016 15:57
Thanks for your help  I downloaded the BIOS from your you tube post and compared the files to the on ...

As an update I see that you did get the error message during bios Flash I was referring to I took a picture of it posted below but it never goes all the way through and shuts down like Emily or Jim Leahy said I it would. I'm sure the BIOS update went fine it's just a small difference and at this point I'm searching for anything I may be doing wrong. I also tried reinstalling bios with the hub set up and with my keyboard and got the same result. Additionally I reinstalled Windows using posted file and did the BIOS update and I still am getting shut down on battery both before and after the BIOS  update. So I am back to square one anybody have any solution for this issue please.
20160708_034913.jpg

Use magic Report

Freddie| Post time 9-20-2016 06:10:00 | Show all posts
I had the same problem of Northernblogger, and i can confirm that his solution works for me.
Thx Northernblogger.

Use magic Report

Dj_Sam| Post time 1-1-2017 12:17:28 | Show all posts
Ragazzi, dopo tanti tentativi, ho risolto il problema dello spegnimento casuale su Windows 10 (quando connesso con sola batteria).

Avevo provato a mettere l'ultimo BIOS del 28 Maggio (il .224) NIENTE
Avevo provato a reinstallare Windows 10 senza aggiornamenti dei drivers NIENTE

La soluzione è molto semplice. Basta un pò di pazienza: Bisogna aprire il CHUWI.

Il problema sta in un pad termico scadente. Si usura e non fa piu' il contatto con lo Z8300.

Allora bisogna aprirlo (state attenti a non rompere il display). Troverete un grande scudo metallico con un pad termico bianco sopra. Sollevatelo.
Togliete i pad termici sia quello sullo Z8300 (il chip piu' grande) che quello sul chipset. Se avete un'altro pad mettete quello, se no va bene anche della pasta termo-conduttiva.
Richiudete tutto, rimettete lo scudo metallico e volendo potete mettere della pasta anche sul pad bianco per fare aderire bene alla scocca in modo tale che dissipa bene con lo chassis.
Fatto cio' stando attenti che i magneti della tastiera non cadano e che i tasti volume piu' e meno non si perdano, richiudete il tutto e il vostro incubo finirà per SEMPRE!!!

Ora finalmente posso utilizzarlo senza problemi, perchè il vero problema era il surriscaldamento del chip che non riusciva a dissipare correttamente.

Spero di essere stato di aiuto.

BUON 2017

Use magic Report

geuss| Post time 1-5-2017 14:37:09 | Show all posts
Ciao Dj_Sam, anche io ho lo stesso problema.... intanto ti ringrazio per la tua soluzione; non mi torna qualcosa peró...
-Perché il problema si presenta solo con Windows, e non con Android?
-Se il problema fosse la dissipazione, perché non ci sono problemi con alimentando il tablet con il suo trasformatore?

Grazie,
Gianni

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Dj_Sam, I've the same problem too...Thanks for your solution, but something does not come back to me ...
-Why The problem occurs only with Windows, and not with Android?
-If the problem was the dissipation, why there are no problems powering the tablet with its AC Adapter?

Thanks,
Gianni

Use magic Report

Dj_Sam| Post time 1-6-2017 00:19:14 | Show all posts
Ciao Gianni, la tua osservazione è piu che corretta, però ti posso assicurare che da 1 settimana, l'Hibook non si è piu spento. Ti sto scrivendo da lui, sotto Windows e senza alimentazione (Finalmente). Quello che posso pensare è che Android non sfrutta lo Z8300 e non lo manda in surriscaldamento e che il diodo di controllo della temperatura funzioni solo a batteria e viene bypassato con l'alimentazione inserita. Morale: L'importante è aver risolto il problema!!! Un saluto e buon Chuwi ;)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list