ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 SOLVED: Bricked Tablet Death Possible with Windows d ...

Follow Us

SOLVED: Bricked Tablet Death Possible with Windows driver update !

[Copy link]

DigitalMD|Post time:9-10-2017 00:18:16 View:7464|Reply:15

technisol| Post time 6-30-2016 09:36:12 | Show all posts
The coast is clear as long as no one from Teclast or Chuwi releases another bum BIOS...  I'm running my second Windows 10 Insider preview build here since the other problem was bricking things -no problems.  Honestly, considering all the care all manufacturers took in past to warn people about bricking motherboards on BIOS updates, you'd think Microsoft would have made you take an additional step and definitely OK any BIOS updates before trying to apply them.  Yeah, Microsloth,  I'm pointing at you too.  I mean a driver update gone wrong can be a pain, but BIOS gone wrong is usually a much harder problem to solve, especially without the right equipment/knowledge.  I've burnt Eproms since they had mica windows and required UV to erase them and I don't just happen to have the proper equipment lying around.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

sojourner| Post time 6-30-2016 12:26:52 | Show all posts
Thanks for that input
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Chuddywoody| Post time 7-9-2016 12:55:52 | Show all posts
here is a step by step video how to flash bios with the programmer.
https://youtu.be/-K8Xif-6GUw

Use magic Report

Tremend81| Post time 7-16-2016 09:25:26 | Show all posts
Hi Guys!

I've been waiting the re-programming tools for so long to fix the corrupted Teclast BIOS update (thanks Chuwi for bricking my table), I did all the proccess and everything goes well as expected on the Bill Christianssen tutorial, the tablet is working but the screen is black, I had to connect it by HDMI to see it was working, Then I was checking if the screen ribbon cable was ok and it was well placed as it was before the wrong teclast update appeared..

Do you have any idea why my screen is not turning on, where the problem is? is it possible something about disconnecting and connecting the battery? something like after doing this, the screen panel is not getting enough power? It's so annoying that the tablet is working but the screen is black.. hope anyone put some light on this, thanks

Use magic Report

Tremend81| Post time 7-16-2016 09:38:54 | Show all posts
I have to add the touch panel is reponding well, the stylus is working even, just the screen is black

Use magic Report

focussys| Post time 9-10-2017 00:18:16 | Show all posts
emily replied at 6-26-2016 22:55
Hi,
The problem of the Telcast Firmware System has been solved. Your tablet suddenly died and wou ...

This solution was brilliant and worked on my Hi12

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list