Hi12 Standby problem - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Hi12 Standby problem

Follow Us

Hi12 Standby problem

[Copy link]

okigo|Post time:11-10-2016 11:57:56 View:5716|Reply:39

Hello,

I am using a new Hi12 Dualboot, with the latest BIOS firmware. Whenever I lock the screen with the power button or go into sleep mode by shutting the lid with the official Chuwi keyboard attached, the screen won't be able to turn on afterwards when pressing the power button or tapping the windows symbol again. This also happens when in Android. My power cable is also not connected.

But when I connect my power cable to the Hi12 with the power on, I am able to use the power button and the windows symbol to turn the screen back on from lock mode. Without the cable and power, I cannot. This does not work on Android though, with or without power.

Another thing I have noticed is that I cannot change the brightness settings on Windows, no matter what method I try.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thanks

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-8-2016 06:26:04 | Show all posts
There is a sleep problem with the Hi12. I have seen no suggestions on a fix. My brightness control always works.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ususer1| Post time 6-8-2016 07:49:44 | Show all posts
I find it best to either start charging the tablet with it off and pull the wire before turning it on.

Otherwise, have the tablet in use and then start charging; DO NOT close the keyboard cover; and DO NOT turn it off before removing the charging cable.

Very temperamental to be sure ... but be gentle with the tablet in your frustrations, I hope/think it will pay off in the long run! ... time will tell...

Use magic Report

dota96| Post time 6-8-2016 12:30:25 | Show all posts
Edited by dota96 at 6-8-2016 12:32

hey , same problem with me on the late post ! , I do have suggestion for you . in windows  power  settings , never put the computer on sleep
otherwise the problem will always happening! .  and i advise not to charge your tablet in sleep mode while the keyboard is intact I don't know why but it worked for me
right now i rarely got the issues!

Use magic Report

aistor2| Post time 8-14-2016 20:18:59 | Show all posts
HELLO, I BELIEVE I HAVE THE A ISSUE VERY SIMILAR TO THIS ONE.
I CAN USE THE TABLET PERFECTLY BUT WHEN EVER Y GO TO SLEEP AND LEAVE THE TABLET LOCKED AND COVERED WITH THE ORIGINAL CASE, THE BATTERY DIES OR RUNS OUT THROUGH THE NIGHT, IS THERE A FIX TO THIS ? THE SAME THING HAPPENS IN ANDROID AND WELL, THE BATTERY REGISTER SHOWS IT CLEARLY, HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP! THANKS

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-15-2016 19:58:16 | Show all posts
Hello aistor2,
Unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem with my tablet. If I turn it off and at the same time immediately close the cover, then my tablet will be turn on itself after a time. The fact is that in this case the tablet is not turned off actually.
The solution is obvious. It is necessary to make a small pause (time delay) between turning off the tablet and closing the cover.

Use magic Report

yayo| Post time 11-6-2016 10:35:47 | Show all posts
Edited by yayo at 11-6-2016 13:53

So, is the tablet turning off itself (maybe hybernating) while in sleep mode still an issue? Cause I'm experiencing something like that. My hybernate timer is set by default to 240 minutes but if I leave the tablet alone for more than 15-20 minutes then I have to go thru the whole boot up procedure to wake it up again. Not sure if this means it switches itself off or just hybernates, though. Battery is well over 60% charged.

EDIT
It looks like the Chuwi doesn't turn off but goes into hybernate mode. I left the browser  and a notepad document with un-saved text open on purpose and they both showed up when i booted the tablet by long pressing the power button and selecting Win10, 30 minutes after the screen switched off.

EDIT2
Looks like the hybernate thing is happening randomly. The tablet was idle for more than a hour this time and it woke up as soon as I opened the magnetic cover.

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 11-7-2016 03:47:49 | Show all posts
yayo replied at 11-6-2016 13:35
So, is the tablet turning off itself (maybe hybernating) while in sleep mode still an issue? Cause I ...

Check your power settings in the control panel. Most likely you see different results based on whether you are plugged in or on battery.

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 11-7-2016 03:47:55 | Show all posts
yayo replied at 11-6-2016 13:35
So, is the tablet turning off itself (maybe hybernating) while in sleep mode still an issue? Cause I ...

Check your power settings in the control panel. Most likely you see different results based on whether you are plugged in or on battery.

Use magic Report

yayo| Post time 11-10-2016 11:57:56 | Show all posts
Edited by yayo at 11-10-2016 12:01
DigitalMD replied at 11-7-2016 03:47
Check your power settings in the control panel. Most likely you see different results based on whe ...

I never use the tablet while plugged but, yes, I have checked the profile settings. Anyways I'm pretty positive I have isolated the cause of the problem (let's say 85% sure, need to test it two or three more times to be really sure, but if anybody reads this and then experiments himself it can only help). And the cause is, in my opinion, the magnetic "smart" cover for the Chuwi - this type
I think the magnet in the front cover somehow messes with the tablet and manages to put it into hybernation after 15-20 minutes, even when hybernate is set to Never. Since I took it off my tablet behaves normally, but as I said I need to leave it switched on and unattended another couple of times and then repeat the same experiment with the Chwi "wearing" the magnetic cover to really find proof.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list