ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion General About the source code of Android - Linux Kernel of C ...

Follow Us

About the source code of Android - Linux Kernel of Chuwi Products

[Copy link]

Tikilou|Post time:5-10-2017 09:19:49 View:1486|Reply:18

DigitalMD| Post time 6-21-2016 18:53:29 | Show all posts
Edited by DigitalMD at 6-22-2016 04:14
Tikilou replied at 6-21-2016 17:03
You have really strange position,  i don't understand why you want to convince everyone to not doing ...

I could care less about convincing fanatics of anything. But I defend my point which is that the reality is that open source has hurt Android badly and the mess needs to stop if Google wants Android to survive and Google has realized that.
Actually you don't have any rights to anyone else's source code, While you can do with your hardware as you please, the vendor's obligation is not to support the handful of experimenters out there, Their Obligation is to support their mainstream customers that use the product as it was produced and sold and to improve it where they can for the vast number of non-experimenters.
Your have a hated of large companies. I'd say that is very strange to obsess over an old OS that is now 40 years of age.  Yes Unix is over 40 is years old. Older than you.
And by the way good luck with Ubuntu and the half dozen or so applications it runs. "Gonna destroy their business in the end" ? BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Who are the two biggest, most respected technology companies in the world?
1. Apple who is not only closed source on software but closed propietry single vendor hardware as well .  Hasn't hurt theor business.
2. Mircrosoft , closed software, with open source hardware. Doing well too.
Might want to rethink your thinking.
Take care out there.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Tikilou| Post time 6-21-2016 23:09:10 | Show all posts
Now i understand,  you lie,  and are a hate of pro open source...
I've give you the link of licence And a snippet of text that proves you're wrong,  and you repeat again an again we have no rights,  so okay... Bye bye,  and leave us alone. It's not your business after all,  no ?

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-22-2016 01:16:51 | Show all posts
Edited by DigitalMD at 6-22-2016 04:19
Tikilou replied at 6-22-2016 02:09
Now i understand,  you lie,  and are a hate of pro open source...
I've give you the link of licence  ...

I don't hate people that want free stuff, its just a bad business model as history clearly shows. If you want to own something, create it. If people love it, then you will profit from it.In life, you don't get what you deserve, yiou get what you negotiate. Your position has no leverage.

Use magic Report

Tikilou| Post time 6-22-2016 02:14:46 | Show all posts
Yes yes,  this is why almost all servers of the world use an open source system... And why almost all Electronic use a kernel Linux, GNU componants,  autoradio,  TV,  routers,  smartphones,  tablets,  cars...  Open source is a bad business model,  cooperation is bad.  You right.
Yes,  open source is bad if you want to write your software and use old business model (sell licences for making money with that),  but only on this selfish condition. If you want to purpose service, or selling hardware, make money with it,  open source is a good way,  open source is a R&D share between people/enterprises this reduce what coast sofwtare. It's a weapon against planned obsolescence too. (It's typical with android, manufacturer don't want upgrade android, especially chinese manufacturer,  because they think new version on new device only gonna force people to buy it, this is bad idea,  customers running out and geek make bad publicity for this politic.)

Use magic Report

pr0xzen| Post time 10-13-2016 16:54:38 | Show all posts
DigitalMD replied at 6-21-2016 18:53
I could care less about convincing fanatics of anything. But I defend my point which is that the re ...

Android would be a dead project 5 years ago, if it was not for the open-source community and its developers. The majority of optimization, new features etc in "official" Android, is picked up from the open source community development. Google got the ball rolling, and the to some degree "administrate" the Android project, but without the likes of AOSP, cyanogen and all other from large grops to single developers - Android would be as dead as OS/2. And the chinese tablet, phone, ultrabook and media box market would not exist.

If Chuwi could release kernel, and ideally driver source - it would definitely be in their best interest. If the open source community could make roms and optimizations to Chuwis products, ithey would sell 50 times better, and most of the work of development, betatesting and such - would be done by the users and development community. Chuwi could sell the same units for much longer, too, saving mountains of money in product development and manufacturing restructiring.

Use magic Report

Provatta| Post time 12-26-2016 15:43:30 | Show all posts
Another supporter here!

Don't feed the trolls

Use magic Report

TeutonJon78| Post time 1-8-2017 11:26:46 | Show all posts
Please, Chuwi, release the full kernel source for Android -- then the wonderful devs can keep it updated.
HiBook Pro (CM12.1, W10 1607 Clean Install)

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-20-2017 14:16:43 | Show all posts
Please see if this can be used: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3939-1-1.html
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

kwisi| Post time 5-10-2017 09:19:49 | Show all posts
Please release kernel source

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list