chuwi hi8 stuck at efi shell - Chuwi Hi8 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 chuwi hi8 stuck at efi shell

Follow Us

chuwi hi8 stuck at efi shell

[Copy link]

furge|Post time:7-27-2016 00:49:34 View:3212|Reply:15

my tablet was working fine but suddenly it closed and never opened. I can t boot the tablet when I try to this -attachment- error occurs. Pls help me .
WhatsApp-Image-20160707.jpeg

Use magic Report

corpy| Post time 7-7-2016 11:50:55 | Show all posts
I got exactly the same problem as you on my Hi8, at some point it just stopped working.
chuw1.jpg

First of all I am IT technician so I know a bit what I am doing. But guessing how Chinese manufacturers have set up the software on their tablets is different thing.

BIOS and boot selection menu are both still accessible - tried to boot both (Windows/Android). Nothing - I still get EFI shell. So I tried to fix it by flashing new OS'es.

First attempting to flash android (Android first because I read somewhere that some other Chuwi tablet needed android flash first because android was the base what made up partitons. I may be wrong tho.).
DnX mode and Intel Manufacturing Flash Tool both worked and detected my device - but they could not finish flashing. Stopped at 26% telling me it could not find partition table ...?
MFT:
Chuw2.png

Device screen at the failure of flash:
chuw3.jpg

So naturally flashing android didn't work I tried to flash Windows onto it. Flash USB worked well, but it did not finish.
Error I got:
chuw4.jpg

Well, it seems that it cannot detect the eMMC drive. Thinking the problem is with the flashing tool itself - I try to write disk over with backup - found one from 4pda forums. Made a bootable Macrium Reflect USB (it was bundled with backup) and put backup files to root of it. Booted it up - and the Macrium could not find the eMMC drive at all. So I couldn't write the whole disk over either.

Thinking it may be problem with the BIOS, first I tried different options, it did not work. So I flashed it over with BIOS files I found from web. And tried again if the flashing tools and macrium works. Nothing. Same as before.

For me it seems the eMMC chip may be dead or the BIOS/eMMC chip firmware may be bugged. We are not only one with that problem, many have same issue with their chuwi (not only Hi8) and I haven't found a fix for it in the web or tinkering with it myself.
I am thinking of disassembling it and applying heat to eMMC chips (it may be cold solder joint there).

I am waiting for somone from chuwi answer our problems with their devices.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

XCESS21| Post time 7-7-2016 12:47:21 | Show all posts
Me too. I have the same problem.

Use magic Report

therob801| Post time 7-8-2016 06:49:48 | Show all posts
almost the same problem here.

Use magic Report

furge| Post time 7-8-2016 23:47:41 | Show all posts
goddamn it chuwi help us

Use magic Report

RavenRagdoll| Post time 7-22-2016 21:43:55 | Show all posts
I'm thinking I shouldn't bother trying to flash mine either then. Has anyone tried opening a repair ticket with chuwi on the website???? It worked wonderfully until it stopped this morning.... I was really really happy... now I'm sad

Use magic Report

Demo| Post time 7-25-2016 11:27:22 | Show all posts
same problem here and same error trying to re-install windows. Some solution? Thanks

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 7-26-2016 00:15:01 | Show all posts
Hello,

If your tablet occur this error (EFI Shell Version......), please try to reinstall your system.
1.png

Use magic Report

Demo| Post time 7-26-2016 13:04:53 | Show all posts
emily replied at 7-26-2016 00:15
Hello,

If your tablet occur this error (EFI Shell Version......), please try to reinstall your syst ...

hello Emily, how to reinstall the system? there is a step by step guide?
thanks in advance.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 7-27-2016 00:49:34 | Show all posts
Demo replied at 7-26-2016 13:04
hello Emily, how to reinstall the system? there is a step by step guide?
thanks in advance.

Here is the tutorial for Hi8 Windows:
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-234-1-1.html

If you want to reinstall Android for Hi8, please follow this tutorial:
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1407-1-1.html

Chuwi Hi8 should use ManufacturingFlashTool to flash Android.

Pls download Chuwi official system from here:
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-138-1-1.html

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list