ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Charging Issue

Follow Us

Charging Issue

[Copy link]

gulfv|Post time:7-31-2016 23:02:10 View:4082|Reply:40

Hi

Using the supplied Chuwi 3000Ma mains charger, my Hi12 cannot be charged whilst in use with a couple of programs running (it discharges very slowly)

However, using a USB Voltage/Current detector similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EzReal- ... ltage/dp/B00Q2HWLYS

It will charge at around 0.3w

Any ideas?

Thanks

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 7-30-2016 04:09:23 | Show all posts
Acordingto Emily, you han break the tablet when using it while charging it
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

gulfv| Post time 7-30-2016 06:48:01 | Show all posts
Are you serious?....are you saying I can't use the tablet whilst its plugged into either the mains charger or a power bank?!

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 7-30-2016 18:49:25 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 7-30-2016 19:05

That has been the official word in past, though I have to wonder if they've not thought better of this...  My thinking is that it may have been the party line while they were scrambling to fix a defect in early models.

I've had mine for a couple months now and run it while plugged into the 2.5 Amp charger it came with all the time -most evenings for several hours, and often during the day.  Mine seems to stay around 99% charged, though I have seen it as low as 95% and not charging before it cycled back to charging again(possibly on earlier firmware and/or a different Window's 10 Insider build).  The only other people I recall complaining about this were running the screen at 100% brightness...  Mine mostly stays on 25% at home and I only crank it to 50-100% at the office or as lighting demands change -that may be a factor.

Use magic Report

gulfv| Post time 7-31-2016 05:09:30 | Show all posts
Thanks.....I have used mine whilst plugged in to the supplied charger with no issues for around three weeks (apart from needing to use the USB voltage/current detector to enable a charge)  I've noticed the keyboard dock (I have the new metallic version) uses around 0.3-0.4w.

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 7-31-2016 18:55:43 | Show all posts
I don't know, maybe you have a crappy charger, maybe you're running at higher brightness or much higher average CPU utilization -you haven't mentioned which programs, etc.  Maybe try a different USB charger, or crank the brightness down if you have it cranked up, run lighter tasks or less simultaneously, etc.  These things are not exactly powerhouses, they're tablets with an Intel Atom processor.  Frankly, I'm impressed with how well mine keeps up with heavier duty tasks, but I'm not trying to transcode video or calculate Pi to the millionth place, etc.  Frankly, no one has ever said it'll charge while you're running it, though it is a common EXPECTATION of similar devices, it's also a somewhat common expectation that with higher usage, YMMV.  (Your Mileage May Vary)

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 7-31-2016 22:51:28 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Change the charging cable and try.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 7-31-2016 22:55:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Also tablet not charging after 95% is windows issue not tablet hardware issue. Windows cannot correctly identify the battery hence to protect it from overcharging it shuts off the charging process after 95%, actually after windows detects a battery  voltage of 4.15 V approx.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 7-31-2016 22:57:22 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
And shuts the charging process.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 7-31-2016 23:02:10 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The reason i said to change the charging cable is because for some reason the tablet is being charged with very low current. The current drawn by the tablet while in use is more than the current being supplied for charging, hence the battery will get discharged. The charging cable is the main reason for slow charging.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list