ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [Solved/Moved]

Follow Us

Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [Solved/Moved]

[Copy link]

ramon2000|Post time:8-5-2016 10:48:27 View:25679|Reply:156

mouaisien| Post time 8-3-2016 23:15:41 | Show all posts
Euh... 2 hours with Chuwi Hi12? Really? Here it will be like 4 hours...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

sojourner| Post time 8-4-2016 04:10:05 | Show all posts
ramon2000 replied at 8-3-2016 22:21
I finally installed it through the "Update assistant" and there were no major problems during the in ...

Id appreciate it if you could post the location and details on the files you eventually delete after you decide youre happy with the update so I and others can also reclaim space on hard drives, thanks

Use magic Report

ramon2000| Post time 8-4-2016 05:18:22 | Show all posts
Edited by ramon2000 at 8-4-2016 05:21

To delete the "old windows files" (Windows.old folder):

[From CNET http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-t ... er-from-windows-10/  ]

Here's the proper way to delete the Windows.old folder:
Step 1: Click in Windows' search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.
Step 2: Click the "Clean up system files" button.
Step 3: Wait a bit while Windows scans for files, then scroll down the list until you see "Previous Windows installation(s)."
Step 4: Check the box next to the entry, then make sure there are no other boxes checked (unless you do indeed want to delete those items). Click OK to start the cleanup.

Second, unless you're seriously strapped for space on your hard drive, you don't have to do anything: Windows 10 will automatically delete the Windows.old folder one month after you performed your upgrade.

Use magic Report

deejay| Post time 8-4-2016 13:29:05 | Show all posts
I have a similar problem....not enough space
cant find any way around this without deleting everything...unless someone knows how!

sorry cant add in pictures so i have attached!!
Cheers guys
storage Usage.png
win10-update-issues.png

Use magic Report

ramon2000| Post time 8-4-2016 14:02:49 | Show all posts
First of all, you can try a "normal" disk cleanup:
- Click in Windows' search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.
- Check the options, and the space they take, and select the ones you want to remove. Click OK to start the cleanup.

If there is still not enough space, you can try a disk cleanup of the system files:
- Click in Windows' search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.
- Click the "Clean up system files" button.
- Wait a bit while Windows scans for files, then scroll down the list until you see "Previous Windows installation(s)."
- Check the options, and the space they take, and select the ones you want to remove. Click OK to start the cleanup.

You can also disable (an after update enable) hibernation, and hiberfil.sys will be removed (I think it is around 4MB).
[ from http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-t ... nate-in-windows-10/]
1. Right-click on the Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the pop-up menu. If you are prompted by the User Account Control asking if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer, click Yes to proceed.
2. In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press the Enter key. Exit the Command Prompt window.
3. To enable hibernate in Windows 10, open the Command Prompt again and type powercfg.exe /hibernate on and press the Enter key.

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 8-4-2016 20:51:40 | Show all posts
deejay replied at 8-4-2016 13:29
I have a similar problem....not enough space
cant find any way around this without deleting ev ...

Can you backup a part of your mails on another computer as "backup"?

Use magic Report

BlueHi| Post time 8-4-2016 22:38:25 | Show all posts
Does it worth doing this update ?
Does it bring any new feature ? In general is it recommended to perform updates on this tablet ?

Use magic Report

kibo| Post time 8-5-2016 00:45:06 | Show all posts
Wagz replied at 8-3-2016 13:04
If for some reason you want to ensure you don't get the update automatically and you want to delay i ...

in german: Getaktete Verbindungen

Use magic Report

Obione| Post time 8-5-2016 09:16:13 | Show all posts
Dit it this afternoon with update assistant and linked via RJ45 to avoid driver problem. Everything OK. Somewhat 2hrs.

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 8-5-2016 10:48:27 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 8-5-2016 10:52

BlueHi,

I suggest you Google Windows Anniversary Update features or the like and decide for yourself.  Many bug fixes and better support for Pen/Ink from older versions, but it all depends on what version you're starting at -I had Win 10 insider updates active and merely got some last minute bug fix updates as those on the insider build pretty much had the Anniversary update weeks ahead.

At any rate it shouldn't hurt your Hi12, or at least I've had no problems and probably updated at least three times to different builds since the one originally installed on mine through the Windows 10 Insider program.  Win 10 is intended to be updated frequently, I think most of the admonitions against updating on the sales sites are aimed at Android installs/mods and maybe the Linux crowd...  A connected Win 10 tablet without updates would not be worth having, IMHO.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list