ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [Solved/Moved]

Follow Us

Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [Solved/Moved]

[Copy link]

ramon2000|Post time:8-8-2016 13:47:12 View:19968|Reply:156

deejay| Post time 8-6-2016 02:23:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by deejay at 8-7-2016 01:27

Took all day it make enough space after update kept saying it wanted 22.5 gb to install. Loads of messing around all day deletig stuff - eventually getting 24.5 gb free it installed.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

deejay| Post time 8-6-2016 03:04:16 | Show all posts
Finally windows reboots and shows the desktop....BUT anything I press (start, or folder or store) windows comes up with a warning to close the process!! Nothing works! Arhhhh
Helpppppp

Use magic Report

deejay| Post time 8-7-2016 01:27:56 | Show all posts
I think it may be them damn touchscreen drivers again.....

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-7-2016 03:25:55 | Show all posts
dont think its the touch driver, have more or less the same problem after updating mine, tried with mouse and keyboard connectet, the same happens, cant even transfer from or to my sd card without everything locks up, so no its back to good old 1511 version again
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Chuddywoody| Post time 8-7-2016 08:01:58 | Show all posts
It took less than an hour for me to do full update from running update wizard.
Updated no problem and windows is much slicker.
Official touchpad and keyboard also seemed to have improved and I no longer get the edge problem with mouse unless I swipe from the very edge of the touchpad now.
I also tweeked my registry to enable more power options.
I can now set cpu speed and many more power saving features. Also I disabled dynamic platform and thermal framework in bios. Gave tablet a massive boost in speed especially in Gta v and Gta iv.
I now get speeds near what I expected. I did all the changes before the update though!
I did get great performance before the update but it is much slicker now. Although I need to try changing the low ram frequency again to see if it gives any boost now.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 8-7-2016 08:43:48 | Show all posts
mouaisien replied at 8-4-2016 23:51
Can you backup a part of your mails on another computer as "backup"?

you should not need to backup emails. Emails remain on the server unless you delete them.

Use magic Report

Manas| Post time 8-7-2016 09:16:34 | Show all posts
Edited by Manas at 8-14-2016 06:26

Hi,

- Tried "reducing" the disk space under winsxs folder by running dism - did not result in freeing up any space
- Tried cleaning up the "Download" in Software distribution - did not result in freeing up any space; after lot of hesitation deleted all the files older than 10 days. Resulted in around 2 to 2.5 GB of space
- Finally, I had to disable hibernate and pagefile to get the required 20GB disk requirement for the update.

Got the "20 GB" space in the c: drive after all. Windows 10 Anniversary update installed but on reboot, did not get past the circling dots even after 2 hours. Restarted multiple times; every time the same result; Did not have access to USB keyboard (have a PS/2 and a bluetooth keyboards but not USB ) so could not try/test the safeboot to see what was wrong.

Finally, during one of the start ups, windows itself restored to previous version. Now it is working fine but the Anniversary update is not installed!! I will try again next week sometime!

------ Updated on 14/8 after successful installation -----
1. Again after the installation, it got stuck in circling dots.
2. Powered down tablet, updated firmware
3. Restarted tablet, the installation went successful. Using the tablet for the last few days without any problem

My old problem of "SD card dismounting automatically" also magically disappeared!

It worked for me; Not sure whether it will work for others!

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 8-7-2016 09:42:11 | Show all posts
Edited by DigitalMD at 8-7-2016 12:43
Manas replied at 8-7-2016 12:16
Hi,

- Tried "reducing" the disk space under winsxs folder by running dism - did not result in freei ...

if you have properly cleaned the disk using Disk Cleanup allowing system removal of old windows installs and the junk you have downloaded, you should easily have over 20gb free

Use magic Report

kibo| Post time 8-8-2016 06:00:18 | Show all posts
BlueHi replied at 8-4-2016 22:38
Does it worth doing this update ?
Does it bring any new feature ? In general is it recommended to pe ...

I think : No !
First ive learned : Never touch a running system

Use magic Report

Milanvdr| Post time 8-8-2016 13:47:12 | Show all posts
If download the update from the official Microsoft site. I have the Chuwi Hi12 and its running fine.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list