Edited by Manas at 8-14-2016 06:26 |
- Tried "reducing" the disk space under winsxs folder by running dism - did not result in freeing up any space
- Tried cleaning up the "Download" in Software distribution - did not result in freeing up any space; after lot of hesitation deleted all the files older than 10 days. Resulted in around 2 to 2.5 GB of space
- Finally, I had to disable hibernate and pagefile to get the required 20GB disk requirement for the update.
Got the "20 GB" space in the c: drive after all. Windows 10 Anniversary update installed but on reboot, did not get past the circling dots even after 2 hours. Restarted multiple times; every time the same result; Did not have access to USB keyboard (have a PS/2 and a bluetooth keyboards but not USB ) so could not try/test the safeboot to see what was wrong.
Finally, during one of the start ups, windows itself restored to previous version. Now it is working fine but the Anniversary update is not installed!! I will try again next week sometime!
------ Updated on 14/8 after successful installation -----
1. Again after the installation, it got stuck in circling dots.
2. Powered down tablet, updated firmware
3. Restarted tablet, the installation went successful. Using the tablet for the last few days without any problem
My old problem of "SD card dismounting automatically" also magically disappeared!
It worked for me; Not sure whether it will work for others!