Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [Solved/Moved] - page 6 - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [Solved/Moved]

Follow Us

Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [Solved/Moved]

[Copy link]

ramon2000|Post time:8-14-2016 06:20:12 View:28968|Reply:156

marcoesse_Italy| Post time 8-12-2016 02:45:36 | Show all posts
User stev1 stesev1  

released procedure for Italian users

http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... d=9195&fromuid=2290

to update Chuwi to Win10 anniversary update directly
and no need to free up space

through ISO "native" Italian language

After updating you will have Win10 anniversary update system
as a native Italian language
for all Chuwi
my Chuwi Hi12 - my Surface3 - my FujitsuT901 -  my 950XL WM10 - my XIAOMI RedMiNote4 (4/64)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-12-2016 06:30:01 | Show all posts
drozda replied at 8-12-2016 13:44
What else do you need ? On 1511 version pressing VOL UP or VOL DOWN made sound louder or silent. Now ...

Drozda, I updated my system to version 1607 by clean installation. I used the compiled install file. I do not have problems like you're experiencing right now. This is my direct answer to your direct question.  But I think you do not want such an answer because it does not provide a solution to your problem, is not it?
This is a forum, not a chat for fast correspondence. We will very slowly move forward, if we continue in this way.
I hope that you will finally realize that shorter you describe your problem, the less the probability of obtaining accurate and correct advice.

Use magic Report

Wagz| Post time 8-12-2016 10:53:16 | Show all posts
24GB free was the magic number for me to be able to do the upgrade. No  problems.

Turning off the pagefile netted me 800MB which got me to 24GB space free space exactly.

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 8-12-2016 11:46:36 | Show all posts
Drozda, I think he's maybe wondering how you updated to Win 10 Anniversary edition whether through Windows update, his method, or some other method and perhaps suggesting you try his method...  Which looks pretty sound.  Nicely done Motobot, by the way.  Very cool of you to put that together for everyone!  From what I've seen of Motobot's posts you're probably talking to the right man for the job.  I'd listen.

OTOH, I might try finding, either in Moto's package or through device manager, and re-installing the audio drivers or trying to find something like a button driver before I Nuked and Repaved...  ;-)  Lenovo used to have a button driver for their Thinkpad Tablets like my X200T and it was a pain, but had a setup menu/interface.  I've seen nothing like that in Win 10 on the Hi12, but it might be worth a little investigating...

Use magic Report

drozda| Post time 8-12-2016 22:12:39 | Show all posts
I've upgrade using windows update link from Learn more. However foud the solution:
http://techtablets.com/forum/top ... w-makes-screenshot/
Now my Hi10 works like a charm

Use magic Report

DavidC| Post time 8-13-2016 10:28:16 | Show all posts
Edited by DavidC at 8-13-2016 17:38
DigitalMD replied at 8-7-2016 12:42
if you have properly cleaned the disk using Disk Cleanup allowing system removal of old windows ins ...

I tried to run a regular Update - stalled on reboot - tried a cold reboot.
Less space than ever with a Windows folder & a Windows10Upgrade
Tried Disk Cleanup & no joy.
What can I manually delete without losing my Win10 key but purging the unnecessary/duplicate files that are hogging major space (17 of 34GB).
Thanks!
EDIT1: Pulled most of disk space from "Drive D" I had created & that appears to be allowing the Anniversary Update to run ... hopefully it will clean up the debris left behind by the routine Update as well as it's own ... it's now at 61% ...
EDIT2: Long process (typical MS inefficiency) but supposedly Win10 w/Anniversary Update all in place. Time to run Macrium Reflect backup then on to Linux ...
Chuwi Hi12

Use magic Report

DavidC| Post time 8-13-2016 14:43:31 | Show all posts
Edited by DavidC at 8-13-2016 20:36

According to Settings there are no new Upgrades available - so I should be current.
There is a "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant" icon on my desktop and a "Windows10Upgrade" folder on Drive C - I presume it's OK to delete the former, not sure about the latter ... is there an app to purge any debris left behind b the upgrade process?
Note: "Automatic Maintenance Last run date: 8/13/2016 3:46PM"
Just ran "Disk Cleanup"
Do I really need to save 684MB of "System error memory dump files"?
There's 1.28GB "Temporary Windows installation files"
And 15.9GB "Previous Windows installation(s)"

NOTE: Warning says "If yoiu clean up the previous Windows installations or temporary installation file, you will no longer be able to restore the machine back to the previous version of Windows. Are you sure that you want to do this?"

Should I run Macrium Reflect first or just dump these all since the prior version was also Win10?

Thanks!
Chuwi Hi12

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 8-13-2016 21:40:32 | Show all posts
After update, I allways delete previous installation.
"you will no longer be able to restore the machine back to the previous version of Windows" = if you don't need it, yes, you will gain a lot of GB!

Use magic Report

DavidC| Post time 8-14-2016 04:57:35 | Show all posts
Thanks - done.

Now on to adding Linux ...
Chuwi Hi12

Use magic Report

Manas| Post time 8-14-2016 06:20:12 | Show all posts
DigitalMD replied at 8-7-2016 09:42
if you have properly cleaned the disk using Disk Cleanup allowing system removal of old windows ins ...

You are correct. But somehow, my Software Distribution folder had very old files in "Download" folder. After the proper installation of Anniversary update and running "Disk Cleaner", it is down to 68MB or so. I think somewhere Windows "forgot" to housekeep this folder!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list