Edited by Hackerjac at 8-12-2016 10:00 |
I finaly managed to root the Remix 2.0 for Hi12
Download the needed files here https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i33lr ... Root_Tools.rar?dl=0
Replace the boot.img in the folder you unpacked your remix files to, then flash it to your Chuwi Hi12
- Navigate to the directory where you extracted the archive (Hi12_Root_Tools)
- Run IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0.exe to install the Intel Android drivers, and reboot your PC
- Boot your Hi12 to Remix
- Connect it to your PC with the USB data cable
- Open a file explorer, locate your Hi12 (it should be listed something like “Cw Hi12”)
- copy the SuperSU zip to the External SD root (UPDATE-SuperSU.zip located in the extraction folder’s TWRP-recovery subfolder)
- Navigate back to the directory where you extracted the HiBook Toolbox archive
- Unlock the bootloader
- Run the first script, 1.Unlock_Bootloader.bat, which will unlock your bootloader. Take good note that this will factory reset your Remix, which means all your apps and data on the Remix partition will be lost (your Windows partitions and external SD will be left untouched, no worries). If you want to restore your stuff later, I recommend backing up your user apps with Titanium Backup and create a flashable zip, or any backup solution you like.
- Your tablet will first reboot, select Android boot, then it will enter fastboot mode, and you’ll see messages in the bottom left corner of the screen that factory reset is happening.
- Once the process is finished, you should see, on the right part of the screen, that the bootloader has been unlocked (line in red).
- Disconnect the data cable from the PC
- Reboot yout tablet by selecting “Normal Boot”, using Vol+ / Vol- keys and validating with the power button, you should boot to Android, note that this initial boot might take long (5-10 minutes possibly).
- In my case I believe I selected the “Reboot” instead of “Normal Boot”, which caused my tab to constantly reboot to recovery (screen with the green Andy wiggling its antennas while a glowing blue hypercube rotates out of its chest), which initially I feared to be a nasty bootloop. It wasn’t. If this happens to you, don’t panic. When rebooting, immediately after selecting the Android boot, hold down Vol- until you enter fastboot mode, then select “Normal Boot”, and you will boot normally. Now that we’ve done that, the hardest work is over. now that the bootloader is unlocked, we’ll be able to boot in an alternate recovery.
- Disable system partition write protection (Verity)
- Once booted into Remix, reconnect the data cable to the PC
- Run the second script, 2.Unlock_Verity-boot.bat, that will remove write protection from the system partition, required for flashing mods from the custom recovery.
- Next, open Android settings, and check that you have a menu item “Developer Options” somewhere at the bottom. if not, go to “About tablet” and hit the “Build number” rapidly until a popup tells you “You are now a developer”.
- In “Developer Options” make sure that the item “OEM Factory unlock” is turned on.
- Root the tablet with official SuperSU package
- Run the third script, 3.Outside_boot-TWRP-recovery.bat, which shoudl reboot the tab in a temporary TWRP recovery.
- From TWRP, flash UPDATE-SuperSU.zip then reboot to Remix
- Open the SuperSU app to check that root succeeded, you can even try to install a root app like AdAway or Titanium Backup to test it out
Thans to Nicolas Giraud (Techtablets) for his guide and scripts that this one is based on
Thans to kostyamat for the Hi12 TWRP recovery script and img file
Thanks also to ImADev and Lurker00
Without you guys this may never had been possible