Remix 2.0 for hi12 root guide - Official Firmware - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware Remix 2.0 for hi12 root guide

Follow Us

[Hi12] Remix 2.0 for hi12 root guide

[Copy link]

Hackerjac|Post time:8-4-2016 23:52:26 View:12595|Reply:63

Edited by Hackerjac at 8-12-2016 10:00

I finaly managed to root the Remix 2.0 for Hi12

Download the needed files here     https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i33lr ... Root_Tools.rar?dl=0

Replace the boot.img in the folder you unpacked your remix files to, then flash it to your Chuwi Hi12

• Navigate to the directory where you extracted the archive (Hi12_Root_Tools)
  • Run IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0.exe to install the Intel Android drivers, and reboot your PC
  • Boot your Hi12 to Remix
  • Connect it to your PC with the USB data cable
  • Open a file explorer, locate your Hi12 (it should be listed something like “Cw Hi12”)
  • copy the SuperSU zip to the External SD root (UPDATE-SuperSU.zip located in the extraction folder’s TWRP-recovery  subfolder)
  • Navigate back to the directory where you extracted the HiBook Toolbox archive
  • Unlock the bootloader
    • Run the first script, 1.Unlock_Bootloader.bat, which will unlock your bootloader. Take good note that this will factory reset your Remix, which means all your apps and data on the Remix partition will be lost (your Windows partitions and external SD will be left untouched, no worries). If you want to restore your stuff later, I recommend backing up your user apps with Titanium Backup and create a flashable zip, or any backup solution you like.
    • Your tablet will first reboot, select Android boot, then it will enter fastboot mode, and you’ll see messages in the bottom left corner of the screen that factory reset is happening.
    • Once the process is finished, you should see, on the right part of the screen, that the bootloader has been unlocked (line in red).
    • Disconnect the data cable from the PC
    • Reboot yout tablet by selecting “Normal Boot”, using Vol+ / Vol- keys and validating with the power button, you should boot to Android, note that this initial boot might take long (5-10 minutes possibly).
    • In my case I believe I selected the “Reboot” instead of “Normal Boot”, which caused my tab to constantly reboot to recovery (screen with the green Andy wiggling its antennas while a glowing blue hypercube rotates out of its chest), which initially I feared to be a nasty bootloop. It wasn’t. If this happens to you, don’t panic. When rebooting, immediately after selecting the Android boot, hold down Vol- until you enter fastboot mode, then select “Normal Boot”, and you will boot normally. Now that we’ve done that, the hardest work is over. now that the bootloader is unlocked, we’ll be able to boot in an alternate recovery.
  • Disable system partition write protection (Verity)
    • Once booted into Remix, reconnect the data cable to the PC
    • Run the second script, 2.Unlock_Verity-boot.bat, that will remove write protection from the system partition, required for flashing mods from the custom recovery.
    • Next, open Android settings, and check that you have a menu item “Developer Options” somewhere at the bottom. if not, go to “About tablet” and hit the “Build number” rapidly until a popup tells you “You are now a developer”.
    • In “Developer Options” make sure that the item “OEM Factory unlock” is turned on.
  • Root the tablet with official SuperSU package
    • Run the third script, 3.Outside_boot-TWRP-recovery.bat, which shoudl reboot the tab in a temporary TWRP recovery.
    • From TWRP, flash UPDATE-SuperSU.zip then reboot to Remix
    • Open the SuperSU app to check that root succeeded, you can even try to install a root app like AdAway or Titanium Backup to test it out

Thans to Nicolas Giraud (Techtablets) for his guide and scripts that this one is based on
Thans to kostyamat for the Hi12 TWRP recovery script and img file
Thanks also to ImADev and Lurker00
Without you guys this may never had been possible

I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-3-2016 16:11:50 | Show all posts
alquix replied at 8-4-2016 00:55
Please give credit to kostyamat, ImADev, Lurker00 for the files and Nicolas Giraud for your copypast ...

Have done that now, forgot it when first posting since i was half out the door on the way to work
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Mike_Wazowsky| Post time 8-3-2016 12:58:22 | Show all posts
Edited by Mike_Wazowsky at 8-3-2016 13:20

there you get boot.img? from stock firmware?
its tutorial from techtablets.com?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

kwisi| Post time 8-3-2016 13:50:20 | Show all posts
Tested it and worked great, my Remix 2.0 is now rooted. Thank you very much for your hard work. Now we just need xposed Framework working on our Hi12 !
Also a question, is there a way to flash the TWRP permanently?

Use magic Report

Mike_Wazowsky| Post time 8-3-2016 14:14:49 | Show all posts
kwisi replied at 8-3-2016 13:50
Tested it and worked great, my Remix 2.0 is now rooted. Thank you very much for your hard work. Now  ...

run 4.Flash-TWRP-recovery.bat

Use magic Report

alquix| Post time 8-3-2016 15:55:13 | Show all posts
Please give credit to kostyamat, ImADev, Lurker00 for the files and Nicolas Giraud for your copypasta

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-3-2016 16:08:55 | Show all posts
Mike_Wazowsky replied at 8-3-2016 21:58
there you get boot.img? from stock firmware?
its tutorial from techtablets.com?

I have no idea if there is something altered in the boot.img, got it from a rl friend that have been looking at it the last couple of days

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-3-2016 16:10:26 | Show all posts
kwisi replied at 8-3-2016 22:50
Tested it and worked great, my Remix 2.0 is now rooted. Thank you very much for your hard work. Now  ...

I used Rashr to flash the recovery permanent, you can also boot to recovery directely from that app

Use magic Report

Sparhawk| Post time 8-4-2016 23:30:39 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 8-3-2016 16:10
I used Rashr to flash the recovery permanent, you can also boot to recovery directely from that ap ...

thanks for guide.. just wondering.. if I have already bootloader unlocked from previous root, is there a way to flash only that modified boot.img without lost all my data that I have on remix atm?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-4-2016 23:52:26 | Show all posts
I havent tried it myself, but it should be possible from TWRP recovery

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list