ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Vi8 Plus Windows 8.1

Follow Us

Windows 8.1

[Copy link]

pattern39|Post time:4-25-2017 10:54:10 View:518|Reply:9

Is it possible to install Windows 8.1 on Vi8 Plus with dual Windows10+Android boot?  (I don't like Windows 10 and want to downgrade to Windows 8.1...)

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-9-2016 11:54:13 | Show all posts
Hi,
Why don't you try to install Win8.1 on their own? If that fails, you could easily reflash stock system back. I think it would be a valuable experience for some users. I am ready to render you all possible assistance.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

pattern39| Post time 8-9-2016 15:49:58 | Show all posts
The reason I asked this question is b/c I don't have a Chuwi yet...  But, any existing Chuwi owner is more than welcome to try this experiment and report the result here.  

(P.S.:  You don't even need a license to install Windows 8.1.  It's possible to install Windows 8.1 with a generic key and try it FREE for 3 months before it expires...)

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-9-2016 17:05:15 | Show all posts
I do not observe existing Chuwi owners here who want to downgrade to Windows 8.1. Therefore have no motivation to perform such experiments.
Believe me, that shpionofobiya (fear of espionage) is curable. But if it is a chronic case, then MS DOS 6.0 or Windows 3.11 are more appropriate. Good luck

Use magic Report

pattern39| Post time 8-9-2016 19:23:36 | Show all posts
Edited by pattern39 at 8-9-2016 19:26

^ how much did M$ pay you to write this response?  Trust me, out of Google/Apple/Microsoft, MS is the most unethical one.  Windows 10 will be their downfall.  There are stats floating around Win10 will NOT reach its stated goal of a billion devices in a couple of years.  Win phone already dead.  

Anyways, in a few short years, the old dinosaurs like the above trio will be replaced with new comers like Huawei, Xaomi, etc.  I'll be filled with glee when this hapens b/c Windows (10)/android will no longer be the OS they come with...

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-9-2016 20:42:45 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 8-10-2016 07:45

Do not make me laugh. What is stopping you to buy a tablet and install Win8.1? I am ready to assist, but to install unnecessary system on my tablet is absurd. It's a pity that you accepted all so wrong. Apparently, this is the chronic case as I mentioned above.

Use magic Report

pattern39| Post time 8-10-2016 05:56:14 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 8-9-2016 20:42
Do not make me laugh. What is stopping you to buy a tablet and install Win8.1? I am ready to assist, ...

No u r the chronic case.  U shouldn't be here.

Use magic Report

ian| Post time 11-29-2016 23:17:26 | Show all posts
this guy only ask.. so reply with yes if possible or no not possible.

its possible to install windows 8/8.1 on any tablet. you just have to "modify something" first before doing the installation.

Use magic Report

dedejamaludin| Post time 4-4-2017 14:58:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Anyone have driver chuwi vi8 plus for windows 8.1 ? Give me the link please...

Use magic Report

CrisPuello| Post time 4-25-2017 10:54:10 | Show all posts
Edited by CrisPuello at 4-25-2017 10:58

How do you think? VI8 was released with Windows 10, so propably drivers doesn't exist. I have not yet seen a device that has support for an older system than the one with which it was released. By buying this tablet you knew what you were getting.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list