ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Follow Us

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

[Copy link]

John-Worley|Post time:2-18-2017 04:40:55 View:5312|Reply:9

Am I able to upgrade my Hi8/Hi8 Pro 8inch dual os with the njewest version of Windows 10, will there be enough room for this new Install? and how would I go about upgrading my new tablet just purchased and very happy with it, so I want to be able to do the right thing with it and hope I do not break it.

Use magic Report

Uff182| Post time 8-16-2016 04:24:09 | Show all posts
Have a look here: sam gave me help on the same subject.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

markus| Post time 9-10-2016 12:02:23 | Show all posts
Hi John,

I don’t know if an answer is still needed but here it is anyway, maybe it helps somebody else in future…

Yesterday I upgraded my Chuwi Hi8 Pro Dual Boot to the latest Version of Windows 10:
1. I downloaded the 32Bit version of Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO file form Microsoft. In my case it was the German language file: “Win10_1607_German_x32.iso”
2. On my Win10 PC I doubleclicked the ISO file to mount it as a virtual DVD drive and copied the content of “DVD” onto a Micro SD card.
3. On the Chuwi tablet I deleted quite a few things I didn’t need anymore but didn’t go into details. In the end I had about 5.4 GB free.
4. I started the setup.exe on the SD card drive on the tablet.
5. When I was asked if I wanted to download updates during installation I chose “No”.
6. When I was asked what I want to keep on the tablet (apps and data (was greyed out); data only; nothing) I selected "nothing" because I was happy to have a clean installation anyway.
7. During the installation I left the tablet on power, it rebooted a few times and after about 2 hours it was successfully done.
8. After the first login it downloaded and installed language packages and some updates. All drivers incl. Touchscreen and Wifi worked instantly.
9. Finally I removed the SD card and ran “Disk cleanup” including the system files to remove the backup of the old installation and now I have 8.7 GB available disk space on my C: drive.

Use magic Report

fpandrade| Post time 9-20-2016 05:36:56 | Show all posts
markus replied at 9-10-2016 12:02
Hi John,

I don’t know if an answer is still needed but here it is anyway, maybe it helps somebody  ...

Hi markus.
I know that you gave this answer some time ago, but I need some help.
When you followed this steps, did you lose the Android partition? When you did the clean installation, how do you change from windows to android, once the android icon will be erased?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Use magic Report

fpandrade| Post time 9-20-2016 05:52:01 | Show all posts
Uff182 replied at 8-16-2016 04:24
Have a look here: sam gave me help on the same subject.

Hi Uff182.
When you followed this steps, did you lose the Android partition? When you did the clean installation, how do you change from windows to android, once the android icon (the one that switch to android) will be erased?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Use magic Report

markus| Post time 9-22-2016 12:39:14 | Show all posts
Edited by markus at 9-22-2016 12:41
fpandrade replied at 9-20-2016 05:36
Hi markus.
When you followed ...

Good questions:
* No, I did not loose the Android partition.
* Yes, the Icon to switch from Win to Android is gone. I only recognised that today. To be honest, it did annoy me with the double asking for permissions anyway that's why I didn't realise it was gone.
What I do is to choose a regular restart in Windows and once the tablet boots up and shows the Android/Win icon at startup, I press the Volume-Up button.(I just googled a little bit and maybe it can be reinstalled: http://techtablets.com/forum/top ... o-android-switcher/)

Use magic Report

Uff182| Post time 9-26-2016 11:45:19 | Show all posts
Edited by Uff182 at 9-26-2016 11:48
fpandrade replied at 9-20-2016 05:52
Hi Uff182.
When you followed ...

Hi!
No, I didn't lose the Android partition. In my case the swith icon didn't disappear: it's not visible when in tablet mode, but as soon as you disable it, it is visible again in the task bar.
@markus, are you in tablet mode?

Edit: I need to clarify: I didn't perform a clean installation, I just added a 32 GB SD card so that W10 could download the anniversay update there and install it. After the installation, all the space on the SD card was available again.
If you are looking for drivers, have a look here too.

Use magic Report

BadCluster| Post time 10-7-2016 02:38:13 | Show all posts
I've zipped the program that permit you to switch from Windows to Android.Download from my GDrive: SwitchAndroid

1) In C: create a folder and name it Recovery
2) Go inside this folder and copy and extract the Zip file that you have downloaded
3) Inside the OEM folder there is the called SwitchNOW, create a shortcut in to your desktop!

See you!

Use magic Report

DonkeyDong| Post time 1-22-2017 01:45:35 | Show all posts
Edited by DonkeyDong at 1-22-2017 01:46

some days ago I got an update called "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607" or something like that.
I tried different Things, because it first tells u there is not enough Memory but u can use a sd Card or usb stick with 14gb.
It started when I inserted an empty 16gb Micro sd Card, but at some Point it said i Need some more (3.5 to 3-7) GB on C:

what finally worked:
I deleted everything. All Browsers, Windows apps as word-mobile, MSN Sport, News,... I also deleted most of the stuff in C:users/username/local....
until there were 5.10GB free space on C !
Also I had the empty sd Card in my chuwi (have the vi8 plus, shouldnt make that much of a difference, also with 16gb windows partition), but I am not sure if that was really needed.

It took a Long time, but it finally worked. All the Drivers still there, Bluetooth and wifi working, OS-Switch Symbols still on the Screen an working.
After the anniversary update I had to download the language package for german again, but everything else was still working, also the same free space on C as without the anniversary update.

I didnt notice that many (positive or negative) differences, but anniversary update is woring fine for 3 days now...

Use magic Report

elpinaret| Post time 2-18-2017 04:40:55 | Show all posts
DonkeyDong replied at 1-22-2017 01:45
some days ago I got an update called "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607" or something like  ...

Hello,
I´ve updated to Anniversasry Update. All seems working, but the WIFI doesn´t find Networks any more.
Do you have noticed the problem or is yours working?

Thx

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list