Windows 10 Clean Install How to + Review - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Windows 10 Clean Install How to + Review

Follow Us

Windows 10 Clean Install How to + Review

[Copy link]

BeneTTon|Post time:9-1-2016 01:13:01 View:7072|Reply:16

Edited by BeneTTon at 9-28-2016 21:55

Hi All,
I will give you a short "How to" Clean Windows 10 Install, how i did it and a short Review to the Chuwi Hi12.

Steps:
- Boot in Windows 10 -> check if Windows 10 is activated, if yes, go to next step
- Download the Chuwi Driver Pack from here: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-1-1.html
- Download Windows 10 64 Bit Home in your desired language with the microsoft media creation tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and store it as .iso
- Make a bootable Stick with Rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/ by using your downloaded .iso Windows file.
- Disable Dual Boot -> start Switch OS (usually it is preinstalled by chuwi, u can see it on the desktop), choose "dont boot to android" after starting the app and then "disable", after this u wont get asked to boot into android after switching the tablet on.
- Restart your tablet, press F7 while the tablet is booting up, the bios bootmanager will appear, choose your bootable usb stick.
- The Windows 10 Installation Progress will start, then u get asked where to install Windows 10, and this is the most important step to get a clean install: Delete ALL PARTITIONS and let Windows configure new partitions. It should look like this:
with 1 System resvered Partition around 500MB and the Windows Partition with around 58GB
- Install Windows 10
- After Installing Windows 10, Extract the file: Hi12 _X64 driver -dualboot.rar with WinRAR in a folder u want to.
- Go to "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "Device Manager" and install the Driver, for every icon which has a "?" in front of the icons name, by using the extracted Hi12_X64 driver. Like explained here: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 160&page=17#pid4728 You are ready with Driver installing, when every "?" is gone. It should look like this: http://fud.community.services.su ... c-b15d-f5dea999f7ce

- Note: I also installed the touch driver from the Hi12_X64 Driver package and it works well.
- Check if Win10 is reactivated again (It has worked for me at the first time, without any activation problems.)
- Check for latest Updates with Windows Update Service

--> Windows 10 Clean install completed

After everything is installed and everyhting is working, go to Windows Explorer -> C: -> Properities -> Clean UP -> and delete everything, especially the "delete old windows installations".
After this u should have the latest Win10 Version complete and clean and without Android, and it should have around 10GB on ure eMMC Card.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-21-2016 03:09:52 | Show all posts
If you want the anniversity, why not just download win 10 build 1607 fight away?
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

BeneTTon| Post time 8-21-2016 03:16:31 | Show all posts
Edited by BeneTTon at 8-21-2016 03:17

As i mentioned, i have downloaded with the media creation tool and i thought this tool will download the latest win10 version, but it downloaded win 10 v1511, so i had to upgrade with the microsoft upgrade tool.

But you are right, it is also possible to download a Win10 v1607 .iso file and install it. But as i said, i thought the media creation tool will automatically download the latest version, but it didnt.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 8-21-2016 04:55:55 | Show all posts
Thats ok, i also thought that tool would download latest build, guess i learned something new today

btw: great guide you made
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-30-2016 12:53:02 | Show all posts
i will give you a short "How to" Clean Windows 10 Install, how i did it and a shot Review to the Chuwi Hi12
Hello BeneTTon,
It was a good attempt to describe the Clean Windows 10 Install for the Hi12 tablet.
Believe me, I had the opportunity to compare and evaluate different methods of Windows installation. The method proposed by you is not the most easy and fast. More precisely, this method is versatile, reliable, but it is not quite rational. Too many steps it takes. You must download files from different sources. Furthermore, such installation requires some skills from a user. Much time will be spent for manual drivers install for thirty devices and so on. I do not think it's appropriate for each user. I want to say that this method is good for enthusiasts who has a good idea of what and how they want to get. The process itself is more important for them, rather than speed and simplicity.

Use magic Report

BeneTTon| Post time 8-31-2016 05:08:01 | Show all posts
Edited by BeneTTon at 8-31-2016 05:11
Motobot replied at 8-30-2016 12:53
Hello BeneTTon,
It was a good attempt to describe the Clean Windows 10 Install for the Hi12 tablet.

I dont think so.
I can explain the installation progress in 4 Steps:
1. Boot to Windows, start Switch OS, deactivate Android Boot
2. Make a bootable USB Stick with Win10 Home 64 Bit in your desired language
3. Boot from this stick, delete all partitions, let Windows create a new one, install Windows
4. Install all chuwi drivers manually, due to they arent available over the Windows 10 Update

And this procedere is the absolute standard procedere if u want to do a clean Windows 10 Install.
It makes no difference if u want to perfrom this on a desktop PC, a Tablet PC like chuwi HI12 or on a Laptop PC.

The only difference is, that u have to deactivate the Dual Boot on the Chuwi HI12, on Destop PCs or Laptops usually there isnt such an option.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-31-2016 07:45:27 | Show all posts
You need only 30 minutes to remove Android and install Windows 10 version 1607 in one step. Only one step. Feel the difference for yourself. Click

Use magic Report

Zerocool2311| Post time 8-31-2016 23:33:38 | Show all posts

Hi there, was recently super excited about getting the chuwi hi12. However, when I got it. I realised it is in chinese and I cannot read chinese. I was assured that it will be configured to English but here i am...

Understand I might have been sold a chinese set but what can i do to change it since it does not work when i change the language in windows.

help pls! noob here

Use magic Report

BeneTTon| Post time 9-1-2016 00:43:36 | Show all posts
Edited by BeneTTon at 9-1-2016 00:51
Motobot replied at 8-31-2016 07:45
You need only 30 minutes to remove Android and install Windows 10 version 1607 in one step. Only one ...

Whatever, u have your opinion, i have mine.
I think ure tutorial isnt only 1 Step and it isnt that easy how u said.

First Problem:
Your compiled version is the english version, i dont want to install the english version, i want to install the german version, that was the first problem. And i dont want to install the english version and change to german then, i want to install the german version from the beginning.

Second Problem:
Installing your compiled version with Android and deleting Android after isnt a clean install. You have to do some steps and several tricks, that arent that easy. For example, removing USB pluggin in another and so on. So i think your Tutorial is more for experts than mine, i think mine is very easy.

My tutorial is the most common if u want to make a clean windows install and to get rid of Android and it makes no difference if it is a Chuwi Tablet or a Dell Desktop PC or whatever.

Use magic Report

Peace| Post time 9-1-2016 01:13:01 | Show all posts
Zerocool2311 replied at 8-31-2016 23:33
Hi there, was recently super excited about getting the chuwi hi12. However, when I got it. I realis ...

This is the way to change language:

Windows: 设置 setting---时间和语言 time and language---地区和语言  region and language---添加语言  add language---设置为默认语言 set as default.
Android: 设置 setting---输入法和语言 input and language---choose the language that you want.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list