Edited by BeneTTon at 9-28-2016 21:55 |
I will give you a short "How to" Clean Windows 10 Install, how i did it and a short Review to the Chuwi Hi12.
- Boot in Windows 10 -> check if Windows 10 is activated, if yes, go to next step
- Download the Chuwi Driver Pack from here: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-1-1.html
- Download Windows 10 64 Bit Home in your desired language with the microsoft media creation tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and store it as .iso
- Make a bootable Stick with Rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/ by using your downloaded .iso Windows file.
- Disable Dual Boot -> start Switch OS (usually it is preinstalled by chuwi, u can see it on the desktop), choose "dont boot to android" after starting the app and then "disable", after this u wont get asked to boot into android after switching the tablet on.
- Restart your tablet, press F7 while the tablet is booting up, the bios bootmanager will appear, choose your bootable usb stick.
- The Windows 10 Installation Progress will start, then u get asked where to install Windows 10, and this is the most important step to get a clean install: Delete ALL PARTITIONS and let Windows configure new partitions. It should look like this:
with 1 System resvered Partition around 500MB and the Windows Partition with around 58GB
- Install Windows 10
- After Installing Windows 10, Extract the file: Hi12 _X64 driver -dualboot.rar with WinRAR in a folder u want to.
- Go to "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "Device Manager" and install the Driver, for every icon which has a "?" in front of the icons name, by using the extracted Hi12_X64 driver. Like explained here: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 160&page=17#pid4728 You are ready with Driver installing, when every "?" is gone. It should look like this: http://fud.community.services.su ... c-b15d-f5dea999f7ce
- Note: I also installed the touch driver from the Hi12_X64 Driver package and it works well.
- Check if Win10 is reactivated again (It has worked for me at the first time, without any activation problems.)
- Check for latest Updates with Windows Update Service
--> Windows 10 Clean install completed
After everything is installed and everyhting is working, go to Windows Explorer -> C: -> Properities -> Clean UP -> and delete everything, especially the "delete old windows installations".
After this u should have the latest Win10 Version complete and clean and without Android, and it should have around 10GB on ure eMMC Card.