Windows 10 Clean Install How to + Review - page 2 - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Windows 10 Clean Install How to + Review

Follow Us

Windows 10 Clean Install How to + Review

[Copy link]

BeneTTon|Post time:6-22-2017 04:36:47 View:7074|Reply:16

Zerocool2311| Post time 9-1-2016 01:16:24 | Show all posts
Peace replied at 9-1-2016 01:13
This is the way to change language:

Windows: 设置 setting---时间和语言 time and language---地区和 ...

Yes i have done this but it says only 1 language can be used. i have selected English but nothing happens even after logging in and out or restarting.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 9-1-2016 05:57:29 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 9-1-2016 23:35
Zerocool2311 replied at 9-1-2016 12:16
Yes i have done this but it says only 1 language can be used. i have selected English but nothing  ...

Hello Zerocool2311,
Apparently, you purchased a tablet which is intended for sale in the Chinese market only.
Your problem can be easily solved. There are two options to choose from.
You can download the official Windows install file of previous version 1511. Click
Other way, you can download the unofficial Windows install file of current version 1607. Click
There is a manual for flashing Windows. Flashing system is a trivial procedure.
I should add that the unofficial install file contains a correct product key for multilingual Windows Home, but the official one does not.
This is critical in your situation, as BIOS of your tablet contains the product key for Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM: DM
I hope these help you make the right choice.

Use magic Report

Zerocool2311| Post time 9-1-2016 19:19:29 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 9-1-2016 05:57
Hello Zerocool2311,
Apparently, you purchased a tablet which is intended for sale in the Chinese ma ...

Thanks so much! I will go and read up on this.

Use magic Report

Peace| Post time 9-1-2016 23:14:02 | Show all posts
Zerocool2311 replied at 9-1-2016 01:16
Yes i have done this but it says only 1 language can be used. i have selected English but nothing  ...

You can download online English Pack online. Please choose 设置为默认语言, There will be 正在搜索windows更新. Please wait it until it occurs 现在语言包。It may be a long time. And then please click "下载"。 It also may need a long time.

Use magic Report

KM4| Post time 6-15-2017 01:36:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thank you BenneTTon for sharing. I already did a clean install, by that i mean deleting all the partitions until i got one unallocated partition, then install windows. Everything is good the only thing i did not do is disabling dual boot and i dont have that switch app. Now every time i start windows that dual boot appears is there any way to disable it.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 6-15-2017 03:13:21 | Show all posts
To remove the dual boot menu, from Windows, click on the icon go Android and asks you to confirm the change, as you cancel and you get a box that puts the marks, and removes the boot menu.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

KM4| Post time 6-22-2017 04:36:47 | Show all posts
Edited by KM4 at 6-22-2017 04:51
manonegra222 replied at 6-15-2017 03:13
To remove the dual boot menu, from Windows, click on the icon go Android and asks you to confirm the ...

Thanks, I already did a clean install so nothing is left from the previous install (OEM install).
Fortunately i did a disk backup, so i was able to extract that switcher program and install it in my new windows.
I shared it on my google drive for anyone who needs it, here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8NvuVRhrYqXMmZLeXZldG4zUDA/view?usp=sharing

I have Chuwi Hi10Pro but i believe this works on all Chuwi Hi tablets

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list