ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 chuwi Hi12 metal keyboard

Follow Us

chuwi Hi12 metal keyboard

[Copy link]

badelhas|Post time:9-13-2016 05:08:09 View:2320|Reply:32

Hi everyone.
just got this tablet and I think it's very good for the price (even though the windows 10 anniversary update turned it sluggish) and been debating if I should buy the new metal keyboard, do you recommend it? Where's the cheapest place to buy it?
cheers

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 8-25-2016 15:00:02 | Show all posts
The metal keyboard is only slightly better than the original. It looks nice, but the big problem is the trackpad which identifies itself to WIndows as a generic mouse. This leads to uncontrollable zooming and window closing gestures making the trackpad fairly useless.
I also find the keyboard very heavy , which it needs to be to counter-balance the weight of the tablet when open.
Personally I much prefer a bluetooth mouse and a lightweight bluetooth keyboard.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

freakinside| Post time 8-27-2016 00:44:09 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Some users have problems of heavy battery drains with chuwi keyboards.

Use magic Report

badelhas| Post time 9-5-2016 05:05:20 | Show all posts
Hi there.

Can someone please tell me what is the size of the keys? I want to order stickers to adapt the keyboard to my language layout but I have to know what is the width and length of the keys do I can order the correct ones. Is it 14mm by 14mm? I could not find that information on Chuwi website...
Thank you.

Use magic Report

sojourner| Post time 9-5-2016 06:35:36 | Show all posts
I was originally going to purchase the first keyboard which someone mentioned was kind of able to bend a bit causing some of their keys to be hard to use so held off for the metal one and while I have some issues with it like no buttons on touchpad (I plus a small usb mouse in to also use)and the problems mentioned here about touchpad issues. I have not had a battery drain issue personally.
I find this keyboard very decent and useful and am glad I purchased it.
Mine was gotten through Gearbest and well priced with free shipping

Use magic Report

badelhas| Post time 9-11-2016 04:39:09 | Show all posts
sojourner replied at 9-5-2016 06:35
I was originally going to purchase the first keyboard which someone mentioned was kind of able to be ...

Thank you for your answer. I already ordered it from gearbest. The keys layout is USA, right? I will have to buy stickers with my national layout (Portuguese). Is there a case we can buy to protect the tablet with the keyboard connected?
Cheers

Use magic Report

sojourner| Post time 9-12-2016 12:29:09 | Show all posts
The keyboard is indeed English qwerty layout.
I do not believe they have a case specifically to use with keyboard and so my case is used without keyboard which I place in a sleeve I bought for a 12 inch laptop. I place the unit in the protective case and close it and place the keyboard on top of the case and slide them both into the sleeve. Has worked well but I recently purchased on Amazon a protective screen which I will install after the Windows anniversary update installation I have been putting off and then see if leaving the unit docked in the keyboard and closing the screen permits enough protection when placed in the sleeve carrying case.

Use magic Report

badelhas| Post time 9-12-2016 14:14:17 | Show all posts
sojourner replied at 9-12-2016 12:29
The keyboard is indeed English qwerty layout.
I do not believe they have a case specifically to use  ...

Thanks. So in your opinion I should just order a normal notebook bag for 12inch laptops? I though that some kind og protective case could be use with the keyboard on but I guess not, then...

Cheers

Use magic Report

alesi80| Post time 9-13-2016 00:38:59 | Show all posts
badelhas replied at 9-12-2016 14:14
Thanks. So in your opinion I should just order a normal notebook bag for 12inch laptops? I though  ...

hi.
this is a perfect bag
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
size 12.5 inches and it fits perfectly even with the keyboard.

regarding stickers, I bought those:
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/2 ... 010608.0.141.YidLW5

they are smaller than actual keyboard keys, so they are perfect.

Use magic Report

cicciocant| Post time 9-13-2016 05:08:09 | Show all posts
alesi80 replied at 9-13-2016 00:38
hi.
this is a perfect bag
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00W7GVWHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s ...

grazie mille

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list