ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 chuwi Hi12 metal keyboard

Follow Us

chuwi Hi12 metal keyboard

[Copy link]

badelhas|Post time:3-17-2017 07:24:25 View:2321|Reply:32

sojourner| Post time 9-21-2016 11:36:14 | Show all posts
I located a thin film protective similar to the one which comes with the unit from Chuwi and here is the link:
http://www.banggood.com/Transpar ... blet-p-1049855.html
for 2.19 USD seems well worth the cost to use it with the metal keyboard. Any thoughts?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 9-21-2016 17:48:26 | Show all posts
I wonder how well it would stand up to pen usage, if that is even a concern for most using it with the Hi12 keyboard.  I imagine most heavy pen users would have little use for the connected keyboard, probably more use for a bluetooth keyboard, if any, so the tablet can be best positioned for pen usage...

Use magic Report

badelhas| Post time 9-21-2016 21:53:22 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I hate plastic screen protector, I only use glass ones since the touch feel changes completely when you use a plastic one. Also, they don't protect from dropping it, which is the most important thing.

Use magic Report

badelhas| Post time 10-4-2016 06:57:30 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Is it true that the keyboard drains the battery, even with the tablet completely turned off?

Use magic Report

alesi80| Post time 10-4-2016 07:27:43 | Show all posts
hi. when tablet is off it doesnt drain battery. it happens when it is in stand by...

Use magic Report

badelhas| Post time 10-5-2016 11:00:21 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thanks for your answer

Use magic Report

badelhas| Post time 10-7-2016 15:58:59 | Show all posts
alesi80 replied at 10-4-2016 07:27
hi. when tablet is off it doesnt drain battery. it happens when it is in stand by...

But that happens to everyone or just some of the users?

Cheers!

Use magic Report

mckennal| Post time 3-16-2017 17:26:53 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I just received my Hi12 keyboard (the new grey metal one) and the actual typing experience is just horrible. It continually misses keystrokes unless you really bang the keys. Two friends tried it also and found it unusable. I wasn't expecting it to be great, but it's just terrible. It's not just a few keys, it's all the keys. It's also heavy and noisy when hitting they keys. I actually like the way it acts as a dock, and turns it into a full laptop, if only you could use it for typing! Has anyone taken it apart to see if they can improve the sensitivity of the keys? I'm happy to experiment, because right now it's a waste of US$50

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-16-2017 22:29:31 | Show all posts
mckennal replied at 3-17-2017 02:26
I just received my Hi12 keyboard (the new grey metal one) and the actual typing experience is just h ...

Be happy it only was $50 you wasted, can see on aliexpress a seller that have made a bundle of Hi13 and Keyboard dock, the dock cost $80, that is just way too much
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 3-17-2017 07:24:25 | Show all posts
Edited by jtrosky at 3-17-2017 13:01
mckennal replied at 3-16-2017 17:26
I just received my Hi12 keyboard (the new grey metal one) and the actual typing experience is just h ...

You are definitely not alone in you assesment of the Hi12 keyboard!!  I was shocked to find out just how bad it was myself (see the following thead - http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3623-1-1.html)!

Since I now have 2 of the keyboards, I did take one apart and try to fix it.  Surprisingly, it was not that hard to take apart.  There are screws under each one of the rubber feet - the feet are just "stuck" on and come off easily..  Once the screws are removed, you can separate the keyboard.  Once open, you'll see why it makes so much noise.  I added some material to put pressure on things to make the keyboard "quieter", but I think the keys are just a bad deisgn, and I'm not so sure they can be fixed.  It's like they just put bigger key caps on key mechanisms designed for smaller keys, which is why the keys don't work unless pressed directly in the middle - and with lots of force...

Right now, my changes made the keyboard "bow" up too much, so now the screen hits the keys when you close it, so I still need to "adjust" things.  But like I said, I'm not so sure it can be "fixed"...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list