ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Pro New Hibook Pro Owners Thread - Reviews, Experiences

Follow Us

New Hibook Pro Owners Thread - Reviews, Experiences

[Copy link]

MightyChuwi|Post time:9-28-2016 12:13:55 View:7249|Reply:48

MightyChuwi| Post time 9-1-2016 02:02:09 | Show all posts
Thank you Mevlock, Updated Windows 10 to Anniversary Update using update assistant 28084, took about 3-4 hours, initially was olugged in with about 70% battery later during update there was a power failure but update went well, power came back and everything seems fine. Also am not planning to increase ram frequency as am getting longer battery life.

MightyChuwi
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Zer00verride| Post time 9-1-2016 11:04:35 | Show all posts
Prospective owner, but have been doing as much research as possible as this is my first time considering purchasing a tablet from Chuwi or any Chinese brand not known in the US. My question to the two that have posted so far is, have you been able to research or confirm what batch your tablets came from? I know a lot of sites like aliexpress, amazon, techbest, and a few others were still selling the first batch, whereas Banggood claims to be selling the second batch. I assume one way to confirm would be to check the Bios version each of you have to see if it matches with the latest version offered and thus used as part of the first batch's fix. The other concern is just a bad solder job and placement of the wifi antenna, coupled with the metal back.
This tablet is really attractive for its price point, OGS screen and resolution, and its modest abilities at 200 USD + cost of keyboard. Any info from either of you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Use magic Report

MightyChuwi| Post time 9-1-2016 12:12:43 | Show all posts
Zer00verride replied at 9-1-2016 11:04
Prospective owner, but have been doing as much research as possible as this is my first time conside ...

I can understand you want a device which has no issues. But ask yourself do you want a tab immediately or willing to wait, asking you this because tomorrow someone else might come up saying 2nd batch has issues and Chuwi is coming up with new 3rd batch will you be waiting for that? and as it is it takes considerable amount of time to get these devices from China. As far as my experience goes, am not having any issues, even if mine was from first batch am not having any major issues. Also remember its a lootery system with any device coming from China. Till the time the device is in your hand and you test it yourself no one can give you a gaurantee of a perfect device. If you want it and like the specs I would suggest go ahead and buy the tab its awesome.

MightyChuwu

Use magic Report

Zer00verride| Post time 9-1-2016 12:44:39 | Show all posts
Thanks for the reply oh MightyChuwi! I've been doing a lot of reading in the last 2 weeks about these type of 2-in-1 dual boot tablets that, outside of seeing non-brands on amazon and the like, I had zero knowledge of just a short time ago. My concern mainly lies in the shipping to and from mainland China should I lose at the proverbial lottery haha. But, you are right, I should and am going to go ahead and place my order and wait no-so-patiently for it to arrive. I could go the amazon route and pay a 80 dollar premium for Prime delivery and have it tomorrow, but at the price I could go for a higher spec tablet. I have even been reading up and watching videos on replacing and improving wifi signal should I happen to experience issues. But I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so router distance isn't much of an issue anyways.

Thanks again! I will be sure to post again when I receive my tablet to offer my input as a new first time user of a Chuwi, and hopefully on my Chuwi!

Use magic Report

sergeyht| Post time 9-18-2016 00:14:06 | Show all posts
wi-fi and Bluetooth combined together is very important to know?

Use magic Report

Zer00verride| Post time 9-18-2016 12:33:19 | Show all posts
Edited by Zer00verride at 9-19-2016 14:25

So...not on my HiBook Pro as I am in the process of installing Remix OS2.0 over the stock android ROM. After lots of trial and error my Pro is still running strong.
As for my worries, I am happy to say that I have experienced none of my concerns. WiFi is strong, based on bios it is the most current offered by ChuWi, and I was able to install Win10 Anniversary edition twice without issues. Took a few hours, but it installed. I say twice because after deleting the Android OS, I had to clean up my drive and even with the EaseUS partition software there were a few annoying chunks of allocated space I couldn't merge or mess with (not including the 2 permanent partitions of 16MB and 100kb.)
I don't use Bluetooth for now, so it interfering with the WiFi is a non-issue for me.
Default RAM speed is at 1600mHz out the box and once I turned off Cortana, browsing files and the web is pretty fast.
Sadly my Pro arrived with a few dings to the front bottom of the outter frame, and light scratches from I guess the factory testing ports, but its easy to look past.
Battery has been lasting about 8 hours with a mix of video and web browsing, though have only played light games and not anything resource intensive. I should note I use the battery saver option in Windows, along with a screen brightness between either 20-25% most of the time.
I am very happy with my Pro and am awaiting the folio case for it to arrive from China. The keyboard is so useful as well that I tend to use the tablet more with it attached than separately.

Installed the remix OS posted in a thread that claimed to have been official but discovered the teleyphone malware on it, so had to flash back to regular android. Avoid using the ones posted as both as it is likely both contain the same malware.

Use magic Report

ACTB| Post time 9-22-2016 12:04:50 | Show all posts
Zer00verride replied at 9-18-2016 12:33
So...not on my HiBook Pro as I am in the process of installing Remix OS2.0 over the stock android RO ...

Hi Zero

i noticed you ordered the folio cover keyboard for your hibook pro, the gearbest website says the Chuwi vi10 one is not compatible with the HiBook pro, wondering if that is true?  im wondering which one you ordered, and if it worked with you HiBook Pro?

Use magic Report

khora| Post time 9-23-2016 03:58:32 | Show all posts
Edited by khora at 9-23-2016 03:59
ACTB replied at 9-22-2016 12:04
Hi Zero

i noticed you ordered the folio cover keyboard for your hibook pro, the gearbest website  ...

ACTB,
I have the Hibook pro folio cover and it's quite good, and quite cheep too.
I bought it form Gearbest, the cover is specific for the hibook pro...

EDIT, mine is without keyboard...

Use magic Report

Zer00verride| Post time 9-23-2016 09:47:34 | Show all posts
Edited by Zer00verride at 9-26-2016 16:28
ACTB replied at 9-22-2016 12:04
Hi Zero

i noticed you ordered the folio cover keyboard for your hibook pro, the gearbest website  ...

ACTB,

I ordered the Hibook Pro specific one from Banggood, and currently awaiting it to clear customs with US post. I believe now that since the Pro has been out for 2 months now, the folio case should become more widely available on different sites.

I don't believe that the folio will wrap around the keyboard too, but it seems there is adequate space between the tablet and keyboard when in use to allow the folio to stay attached, which is fine with me. My main concern is protecting the back and sides as the metal used is quite soft (aluminium or some alloy?) and I have already added another ding on the side just from some minor contact with my couch's metal legs.

Edit: So the folio arrived today and contrary to what I perceived, the folio case completely covers the pogo pins, so no folio and keyboard together .

Use magic Report

ACTB| Post time 9-28-2016 12:13:55 | Show all posts
Thanks for the reply, i guess it was my misunderstanding of what case you ordered.

this is what i thought you ordered, and as per Gearbest, its not compatible with the HiBook Pro.

Original CHUWI VI10 / HI10 PLUS Keyboard Case  -  BLACK
http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_424390.html

im looking for a similar cover/keyboard combo like the one above that will work with the Hibook Pro.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list