ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Pro New Hibook Pro Owners Thread - Reviews, Experiences

Follow Us

New Hibook Pro Owners Thread - Reviews, Experiences

[Copy link]

MightyChuwi|Post time:10-28-2016 02:46:22 View:6441|Reply:47

jowi| Post time 10-4-2016 13:40:06 | Show all posts
Edited by jowi at 10-4-2016 15:08
MightyChuwi replied at 9-1-2016 02:02
Thank you Mevlock, Updated Windows 10 to Anniversary Update using update assistant 28084, took about ...

Hi MightyChuwi,
How did you managed to install that update? Did you use any external drive? Because I try with the same update assistant 28084 and I get a message that I need 20 GB more of space
EDIT: I just didn't understood it well, I finally managed to install it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

MightyChuwi| Post time 10-4-2016 22:41:54 | Show all posts
jowi replied at 10-4-2016 13:40
Hi MightyChuwi,
How did you managed to install that update? Did you use any external drive? Because ...

Hi Jowi wecome to Hibook Pro.... yes i did manage to update to Anniversary Update, there are two versions of tools provided by microsoft, 9252 update tool worked for me and yes you need 20gb free space as it is 64bit operating system. I didnot use any external drive as I had more than 25gb free space onboard...

MightyChuwi

Use magic Report

MightyChuwi| Post time 10-4-2016 22:53:22 | Show all posts
Zer00verride replied at 9-18-2016 12:33
So...not on my HiBook Pro as I am in the process of installing Remix OS2.0 over the stock android RO ...

Nice to see you finally got the Tab ..... are you able to get USB 3.0 speeds via type c? am able to use 1tb drives but unfortunately unable to achieve USB 3.0 speeds...

MightyChuwi

Use magic Report

Zer00verride| Post time 10-5-2016 08:31:50 | Show all posts
MightyChuwi replied at 10-4-2016 22:53
Nice to see you finally got the Tab ..... are you able to get USB 3.0 speeds via type c? am able ...

No 3.0 speeds. Seems to keep costs low in lieu of the new panel and OGS screen, they opted for a 2.0 spec type c connection. My OnePlus Two phone did the same thing as well.

Use magic Report

Ghosty-JH| Post time 10-14-2016 07:33:23 | Show all posts
just received my hibook pro today and already getting the screen flickering issue yet connecting to a different access point seems to stop it,

I have the official keyboard and can say its well worth the money typing is easier (does anyone know how to get the on screen keyboard to automatically pop up when I select a txt entry field) and makes the tablet more stable on my bed.

how do I test for usb c 3.0 speeds, I have a usb c to usb 3.0 adaptor and a usb 3 drive.

Ghosty

Use magic Report

MightyChuwi| Post time 10-14-2016 10:01:28 | Show all posts
Ghosty-JH replied at 10-14-2016 07:33
just received my hibook pro today and already getting the screen flickering issue yet connecting to  ...

Sorry to hear about the flickering issue. Hope it gets resolved....will try to find the cause and solution for you all. I tested the type C port and its not supporting USB 3.0 speeds. you can use crystalmark software to test the speeds.

MightyChuwi

Use magic Report

Ghosty-JH| Post time 10-14-2016 13:28:36 | Show all posts
hi, just submitted this

Hi,

I have only just received my Hi-Book Pro today, I'm not sure what the exact cause is, I have asked in the forums, and not sure if this has actually been reported, but it appears some Hi-Book Pro users including myself are experiencing extremely annoying screen flickering, after trying several things suggested in the forums, I'm fairly sure this will need the intervention of you guys. My dad works in it support and even his hints did nothing, I have noticed it is worse when I try to connect to a power line Wi-Fi or my mobile phone. but as said I'm not sure the Wi-Fi driver is the cause. unless it is seriously interfering with the display driver.

could the wireless antenna be interfering with the display??? in which case it is a manufacturing issue.

please can you fix this as I would hate to return what could otherwise be an excellent little 2 in 1

James "Ghosty" Hilton

as a support ticket, so at least there is a record of the fault I'm getting.

Use magic Report

emdkay| Post time 10-15-2016 05:53:53 | Show all posts
James, try upgrading to Win 10 Anniversary edition to see of that helps screen flicker.

Keyboard pops up automatically only in tablet mode and only in apps that support/recognize it.

Use magic Report

Ghosty-JH| Post time 10-17-2016 04:44:28 | Show all posts
Hi, thanks for the keyboard info.

First thing i did after setting up was run windows update, now on the samd build as my desktop pc (anniversary edition) and it is still as bad as it was, in fact its actually gotten worse. All drivers are upto date.

I'm currently seeing if the ebay seller i purchased it from has anymore in stock, if not if will be returned for a full refund, and ill gave to get it from elsewhere.

How many of these are faulty, i read its pot luck weather it is or not, dies anyone have one that isnt faulty and if so how do i insure i get a good one, as i said i really like this device, but currently its virtually unuseable.

Sent from my samsung galaxy tab s as looking at the screen flicker is giving me headaches

Ghosty

Use magic Report

SJester| Post time 10-28-2016 02:46:22 | Show all posts
Got my HiBook Pro and the keyboard from Banggood in early September. 2 weeks ago I noticed a hairline crack on the right half of the glass. Researching fixes is complicated by the fact that ChuWi is unresponsive when it comes to getting a replacement. No part numbers, specifications, nada. Subsequent searching finds that the last potential verifiable source dried up months ago. Add to that a report that ChuWi glues the LCD screen to the glass and the battery to the back side of the assembly, repair seems unlikely. Based on that I'm considering returning my ChuWi and mark it down as one of those life lessons. Before the crack, I liked the table enough to consider retiring my 3 year old plus Samsung Note 10.1 but I've retired the retirement.

Not that ChuWi cared to respond but I think the issue was caused by the significant amount of effort needed to open the combined tablet/keyboard assembly. Being right handed I have a tendency open it from the right side which seemed to cause nonlinear torque and result in a small twist or bend in the frame causing the glass to form a minor stress fracture to form. Poor human engineering on ChiWi's part along with non-existent customer support will cause me to look elsewhere for my Samsung replacement.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list