[Tutorial] How to reinstall Android OS for Chuwi Hi8 tablet - Tutorial - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] How to reinstall Android OS for Chuwi Hi8 ...

Follow Us

[Hi8] [Tutorial] How to reinstall Android OS for Chuwi Hi8 tablet

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:11-9-2016 09:38:14 View:13215|Reply:16

Edited by emily at 4-25-2017 23:46

How to reinstall Android OS for Chuwi Hi8 tablet

PS: You had better operate it in computer of Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Prepared Tools:
  • Computer with Windows 7 or Windows 10
  • Chuwi Hi8 tablet and Data Cable
  • Manufacturing Flash Tool
  • Android Firmware

1. Install Manufacturing Flash Tool (including three files)

You should install usb dirver (two files) and Manufacturing Flash Tool
(All files need to Right-click to run as the Administrator)

• Firstly, install Intel Android Device USB driver (IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0)
  • Secondly, install iSocUSB Driver (iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0)
  • Thirdly, install Manufacturing Flash Tool (ManufacturingFlashTool_Setup_6.0.51)

1123.png

233.png

2. Set Manufacturing Flash Tool

When you finished installation of the Manufacturing Flash Tool, pls set Manufacturing Flash Tool following this method:
File – Setting - General Properties

setting.jpg

3. Choose the flash file of the Android Firmware(you download), start to flash Android OS

flash files.png

(1) To choose the file “flash” or “flash_no_erase_all”  (flash file is from the Android Firmware file)

11.jpg

To choose “flash” will erase the Windows OS; To choose “ flash_no_erase_all” will keep the Windows OS;

22.jpg

33.jpg

(2) Connect tablet to computer when tablet show “Entering DnX mode. Waiting for fastboot command…” then start to flash Android;

44.png

After choosing the file “flash” or “flash_no_erase_all”, long Press for Volume + button then press for power button, and tablet will show “Entering DnX mode. Waiting for fastboot command…” in the top left corner. Then connect tablet to computer using data cable. And tablet will start to flash Android.

55.jpg

66.jpg

PS: If tablet get stuck at 5%,7% or other conditions, pls copy “CUSTOM_CONFIG” into the installation root of the Manufacturing Flash Tool.

77.png

(3) After the flashing is successful, press the volume button to choose “REBOOT” and then press the power button to confirm. Then the tablet will reboot automatically into the system.

88.jpg

Finished!

Download Tutorial:
            https://mega.nz/#!Y9RQTSpI!ZLiH7 ... mpu4UaW_3teopGLIiEU

Use magic Report

aristidis540| Post time 10-8-2016 16:28:09 | Show all posts
hi ,,
where to find download the files :
Intel Android Device USB driver (IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0) iSocUSB Driver (iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0)
Manufacturing Flash Tool (ManufacturingFlashTool_Setup_6.0.51)???

my windows play ok,the android worked 1 hour. now do not enter.... boot all time.
and i want only android os.
Reply Support 0 Not support 3

Use magic Report

bmett| Post time 8-26-2016 23:13:30 | Show all posts
Edited by bmett at 8-26-2016 23:15

Hi Emily,

Thanks again for the tutorial. Unfortunately the flash fails. Here is the screenshot:

Can you help?
I followed your instructions and also copied the CUSTOM_CONFIG file
Cheers
bmett

flash fail

flash fail
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-28-2016 19:59:50 | Show all posts
bmett replied at 8-26-2016 23:13
Hi Emily,

Thanks again for the tutorial. Unfortunately the flash fails. Here is the screenshot:

Hello,

Did you close the anti-vrius software before download the Android Firmware?
How many files do your Android Firmware files decompressed?

I know that many people can't flash Hi8 Android successfully, but i tried many times and every time it is successful , and i don't know the details reason.  
Pls tell me more details so that i can find out the reason.

Use magic Report

velasco| Post time 9-14-2016 02:57:44 | Show all posts
Hi Emily,
I can't download the files from Dropbox, seems that your account was blocked. Could you please share the required files in a different platform please.

Use magic Report

dannicus| Post time 10-16-2016 19:08:13 | Show all posts
Edited by dannicus at 10-16-2016 19:38

Followed all steps and at this point:
After choosing the file “flash” or “flash_no_erase_all”, long Press for Volume + button then press for power button, and tablet will show “Entering DnX mode. Waiting for fastboot command…” in the top left corner. Then connect tablet to computer using data cable. And tablet will start to flash Android.

As soon as I connect the tablet to the PC, ManufacturingFlashTool_Setup_6.0.51.exe crashes and exits.

After that, I copyed "CUSTOM_CONFIG" to the right Folder as you described.

When I select “flash” and connect Tablet to the PC It gets stuck at 5% and fails after 3 minutes.
When I select “flash_no_erase_all” Tablet to the PC It gets stuck at 7% and fails after 3 minutes.

I am using WIN 10 64Bit. Chuwi Hi8 Model number: Q32G22150912252

Any idea whats going on?

Use magic Report

Unick| Post time 10-19-2016 04:47:53 | Show all posts
How to reinstall Android OS for Chuwi Hi8 tablet

PS: You had better operate it in computer of Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Prepared Tools:
Computer with Windows 7 or Windows 10
Chuwi Hi8 tablet and Data Cable
Manufacturing Flash Tool
Android Firmware

please tell me where i can download all that files

Use magic Report

dontaltmebro| Post time 11-7-2016 21:36:55 | Show all posts
Hi everyone,

Here's some clarification on some of the steps on the above tutorial.

TO intially get into Fastboot mode, you want to hold Power + Vol Up to get to the DualOS switcher. Select Android with volume rocker, and press Power.
Now IMMEDIATELY after you press power, press Vol Up + Vol Down until you get the fastboot screen.

Now, i messed with Manufacturing Flash Tool but kept erroring out at 5%, 7%, etc. etc. Custom config did fix this, but then It still wouldn't boot into fastboot.
I hunted down IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0 and that seemed to fix all of my usb issues. I was then able to flash it just fine afterwards! Hope i've saved some folks some excessive nights of googling.

Use magic Report

dannicus| Post time 11-9-2016 05:07:50 | Show all posts
Edited by dannicus at 11-9-2016 05:41
dontaltmebro replied at 11-7-2016 21:36
Hi everyone,

Here's some clarification on some of the steps on the above tutorial.

This is already wrong at Hold Power+VolUp... Power+VolDown is for entering OS switch.

BUT:

Installing older drivers like you mentioned IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0 DOES help. With selecting flash_no_erase_all it got to 26% and stuck, BUT with flash it goes all the way to 100%.
And I have a 4.4 droid now!(sadly I need windows, but at least my tablet works after a month)

Use magic Report

cristol| Post time 11-9-2016 09:38:14 | Show all posts
Hi, how can change size of android's partiton. I want more space for Windows. Can i use partition.tbl to organize the EMMC ?
partition.tbl --> https://mega.nz/#!hkBxDaYY!HVTzY ... EblykuGui-MOU8JubiY (You can see different partition.tbl (4GB/16GB/32GB....)

source : http://www.tablette-chinoise.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8894

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list