ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] How to reinstall Android and Windows for ...

Follow Us

[Vi10 Plus] [Tutorial] How to reinstall Android and Windows for Chuwi Vi10 Plus

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:9-29-2016 06:36:15 View:27929|Reply:54

joshg| Post time 9-13-2016 09:37:06 | Show all posts
Little more clarification and information on this process in case this helps anyone (and someone else already briefly mentioned some of this above as well but I will try to explain more clearly if it helps).
Here are some additional notes/comments that I found.

• When you install Android, it will wipe out any other partitions so you must do it in the order posted by Emily (first Android, THEN Windows).  You can't install Windows first and then try to install Android, or you can't just try to reinstall Android later and hope that it will leave Windows intact  -- everything will be wiped and the partitions set up again.
  • After you plug in the Windows WINPW USB to your tablet, start, and press F7 to choose USB for booting, it will start the boot process but very quickly give a blue screen error with ACPI BIOS error message.  You will need to hold down the power button to force the tablet to turn off, and then turn it back on.  But this time, when it is booting up do not hit F7 again -- instead let it come to the OS Selection screen and use volume rocker to select Windows like you are ready to boot into Windows OS.  Make sure to leave the Windows WINPE USB in the whole time!
  • Now it will boot into the Windows installation environment and run a series of scripts. It takes around 10 minutes and then turns the tablet completely off.  It doesn't reboot .. so you have to manually turn the tablet back on again.  Select Windows OS at the selection screen again.
  • Now it will go into additional Windows setup ("Getting ready" etc) and take another 5 minutes or so and then reboot again. (yes, this time it reboots and you don't have to power off and back on).  When it reboots again, choose Windows OS again.
  • Here you will see more setup.. basically it is the Chuwi logo with spinning circles, but after 1 or 2 minutes you will see the Windows language selection screen and you can choose your language and set up your account.

For some reason the Windows that is included here does not activate online even if you try to manually force it to. I wonder if it is not a valid key or some other issue?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

rob4x4| Post time 9-19-2016 03:01:33 | Show all posts
I am currently using Remix OS. If I just want to flash it to pure Android (single boot, no windows) do I need to flash the bios first?

Use magic Report

chepur| Post time 9-20-2016 13:30:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I subscribe to the issue rob4x4.

Use magic Report

Stas| Post time 9-23-2016 08:06:36 | Show all posts
Hi please help! I connect tablet in DNXFASTBOOT MODE, but pc didnt find it! Make all by instruction, all steps, but cant go next step, because pc not recognize vi10plus. Testing at Win10, win8(at another notebook, disabling digital signature), win7(from virtual box) nothing. Of course i installing IntelAndroidDrv, but it didnt help to, help please! Im crazy from this tab, 6hours i making fuck vs this shit) my current bios version: H3D6_c189.234 x64

Use magic Report

Elm| Post time 9-24-2016 00:52:44 | Show all posts
Stas replied at 9-23-2016 08:06
Hi please help! I connect tablet in DNXFASTBOOT MODE, but pc didnt find it! Make all by instruction, ...

Stas, have you used the USB cable that came with the tablet ?
Have you plugged the tablet on the USB-C port ?

Use magic Report

Stas| Post time 9-24-2016 01:55:38 | Show all posts
Edited by Stas at 9-24-2016 02:13
Elm replied at 9-24-2016 00:52
Stas, have you used the USB cable that came with the tablet ?
Have you plugged the tablet on the US ...

Hi i didnt receive usb cabel vs tablet.
Only type-c+power in complectation
I used usb-micro-usb, vich i used for my mobile phone.
This cabel fine work vs another gadgets (phone, player)

USB-C port cabel i tested to, didnt recognition in dnx fastboot mode.
I try connect usb-typeC different ways:
1/ typeC in tab -> usb in PC (usb 2 and usb 3) - nothing
2/ typeC in PC -> usb in OTG vs micro-usb in tab - nothing

Its make me crazy! Everybody update normally, but i cant updating for undertsanding reason((

Use magic Report

Elm| Post time 9-25-2016 00:10:16 | Show all posts
My tablet came with a charger like this https://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm- ... =1474790786&sr=1-14
and a USB-a to USB-C cable.

To make the tablet detected, here is what I've done :
- Install the android drivers for windows : http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=46032
- Set tablet to recovery mode
- Plug the cable that came with the tablet : USB-A into th PC, USB-C in to the tablet
- Run the intel phone tool

The connection do not work on the micro-usb port, and it does not work neither with a micro-usb cable and an adaptor to USB-C. Only worked with the cable that came with the charger.

Use magic Report

toogee| Post time 9-28-2016 03:09:52 | Show all posts
rob4x4 replied at 9-19-2016 03:01
I am currently using Remix OS. If I just want to flash it to pure Android (single boot, no windows)  ...

I just flashed pure android without flashing the bios first and it works flawlessy!
I also used the modified gpt.bin so now I have about 20 GB of available space.

Use magic Report

dnz89| Post time 9-29-2016 03:59:05 | Show all posts
toogee replied at 9-28-2016 03:09
I just flashed pure android without flashing the bios first and it works flawlessy!
I also used th ...

Hi,

could you please tell me how and where you implemented the modified gpt.bin.

And for the android flashing instruction from chuwi, is it the exact same way after implementing the modified gpt?

Thanks!

Use magic Report

joshg| Post time 9-29-2016 06:36:15 | Show all posts
dnz89 replied at 9-29-2016 03:59
Hi,

could you please tell me how and where you implemented the modified gpt.bin.

Download the file which Martin on TechTablets forum made available here:  http://techtablets.com/forum/top ... reezing/#post-49054

Then you just replace the gpt.bin in the Android image folder with Martin's gpt.bin and run the flash as normal per the guide emily posted here.  And you just skip the Windows part after that

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list