Little more clarification and information on this process in case this helps anyone (and someone else already briefly mentioned some of this above as well but I will try to explain more clearly if it helps).|
Here are some additional notes/comments that I found.
- When you install Android, it will wipe out any other partitions so you must do it in the order posted by Emily (first Android, THEN Windows). You can't install Windows first and then try to install Android, or you can't just try to reinstall Android later and hope that it will leave Windows intact -- everything will be wiped and the partitions set up again.
- After you plug in the Windows WINPW USB to your tablet, start, and press F7 to choose USB for booting, it will start the boot process but very quickly give a blue screen error with ACPI BIOS error message. You will need to hold down the power button to force the tablet to turn off, and then turn it back on. But this time, when it is booting up do not hit F7 again -- instead let it come to the OS Selection screen and use volume rocker to select Windows like you are ready to boot into Windows OS. Make sure to leave the Windows WINPE USB in the whole time!
- Now it will boot into the Windows installation environment and run a series of scripts. It takes around 10 minutes and then turns the tablet completely off. It doesn't reboot .. so you have to manually turn the tablet back on again. Select Windows OS at the selection screen again.
- Now it will go into additional Windows setup ("Getting ready" etc) and take another 5 minutes or so and then reboot again. (yes, this time it reboots and you don't have to power off and back on). When it reboots again, choose Windows OS again.
- Here you will see more setup.. basically it is the Chuwi logo with spinning circles, but after 1 or 2 minutes you will see the Windows language selection screen and you can choose your language and set up your account.
For some reason the Windows that is included here does not activate online even if you try to manually force it to. I wonder if it is not a valid key or some other issue?