ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] How to reinstall Android and Windows for ...

Follow Us

[Vi10 Plus] [Tutorial] How to reinstall Android and Windows for Chuwi Vi10 Plus

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:9-3-2017 02:53:44 View:39557|Reply:75

corbin| Post time 8-21-2017 07:34:25 | Show all posts
Edited by corbin at 8-21-2017 10:36

Hello everybody,

I want to install stock Android on a Chuwi HI10 Plus Z8350 tablet that shipped with Remix OS, but this site is a mess and I need help with some issues:
- in the tutorial it says "2. Reinstall android will erase windows OS. When reinstalling android, you can choose to remain windows or erase windows." but there are no further instructions how to do that or what does it means. Can I keep the Windows installation or not?
- I found in another thread this reply from Hackerjac: "The guide for flashing Android/RemixOs using Phone Flash Tool is the same for Z8300 and Z8350. Remember to use flash-no-erase-all.json if you have/want to keep Windows", the problem is there is NO flash-no-erase-all.json file in the Android distribution for the Z8350 model, only in the Z8300 one.

My questions are:
  • Can I copy the flash-no-erase-all.json file from the Z8300 Android image and use it to reflash the Z8350 Android image?
  • What version of Android is available for download for Z8350 devices (filename Hi10 Plus Android cht_cr_mrd_w-flashfiles-userdebug.softteam_P12A_Ilife_C189A_NG_W_DS_V1.0.6.zip hosted on box.com)?
  • Most importantly: Will I be able to preserve the Windows instalation using this method?

Thank you in advance!

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-21-2017 09:16:35 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 8-21-2017 20:17

Hello corbin,
You can copy the flash-no-erase-all.json file in your ROM folder. It's the same for all Chuwi tablets.
You can preserve Windows reflashing if the GPT partitions of your tablet is fine only. Otherwise, be prepared to flash Android with flash.json, and then reflash Windows.
As for versions of Android, you can safely flash any compatible version. Just try different versions and choose the one that suits you.
Good luck!

Use magic Report

corbin| Post time 8-21-2017 10:26:08 | Show all posts
Edited by corbin at 8-21-2017 10:28
Motobot replied at 8-21-2017 09:16
Hello corbin,
You can copy the flash-no-erase-all.json file in your ROM folder. It's the same for al ...

Thank you for your reply,

I downloaded the flash-no-erase-all.json file from http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1447-1-1.html and all went perfectly well, in under two minutes the flash was done, now I have Android 5.1 instead of the ugly RemixOS and the Windows partition intact.

Until the next time!

Use magic Report

angelo_ln| Post time 9-2-2017 03:12:14 | Show all posts
Hello everybody
I bought a CHUWI HIBOOK PRO and just arrived I just deleted android.
About 3 months ago I tried updating my BIOS to my CHUWI HIBOOK PRO. But immediately after starting the installation I realized that the Bios I was trying to put was for HIBOOK "NON PRO". From that moment on, my tablet died and did not want to turn on more.
A few days ago, after reading the forums, I connected the tablet to the TV with the hdmi cable and ...... it is magically FUNCTIONAL! So I immediately try to repair the damage ... I download the new version of Bios (I1D6_C109K.234) and the tablet HAPPEN TO WORK .. no problem with the screen, no problem with the touch, the tablet was all perfect! after that, I tried to reinstall WINDOWS with the guide posted by Emily (http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2009-1-1.html) ... INSTALLATION WERE PERFECT .. then I tried to install ANDROID with the same guide, but the tablet does not read the pen (I do not know why). The PC RESTARTED AND APPEARED THE WHITE BOOT SCREEN (android or windows) and I try to get started android .. but just within android (NOT INSTALLED yet) the tablet is DEAD .. no sign of life, no response, no LEDs flashing .. Nothing! Now the tablet doesn't answer and I don't really know what to do .. it seems to have fallen into a BLACK PUPPY .. please, could you help me? Thank you

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 9-2-2017 04:30:44 | Show all posts
angelo_ln replied at 9-2-2017 12:12
Hello everybody
I bought a CHUWI HIBOOK PRO and just arrived I just deleted android.
About 3 months  ...

Can you reach the Bios? Pressing the power button and Esc immediately on the keyboard. If so, we can find a solution
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

angelo_ln| Post time 9-3-2017 02:53:44 | Show all posts
Hi manonegra222
thank you for answering..
unfortunately the tablet does not come from any sign .. it does not turn on the screen nor the led .. what would you recommend me to do?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list