ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version][Dualboot] Chuwi Vi8 Plus Dualboot ...

Follow Us

[Vi8 Plus] [Official Version][Dualboot] Chuwi Vi8 Plus Dualboot Android, Windows, Bios

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:10-9-2016 02:43:44 View:19608|Reply:111

paulvern| Post time 9-13-2016 07:52:24 | Show all posts
Edited by paulvern at 9-13-2016 07:53

I've succeeded in converting system.img to ext4, I did all the necessary things to root the system, repacked it as system.img and flashed it again but sadly it seems my attempts are not successfull. Does someone know exactly what is needed to root a lollipop image?
I supposed adding busybox.apk and replacing the original su in xbin with a complete su command could make the trick, but it's not working.
Chuwi, if you can share with us a rooted system.img that would make my life easier.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Sheginator| Post time 9-13-2016 09:41:18 | Show all posts
paulvern replied at 9-13-2016 07:49
Really strange, I've flashed this version and it works. Are you flashing Android or Windows?

I have Windows, and my touch screen has stopped working normally a few centimeters in the direction pressed. for bluetooth driver came from hi8 pro

Use magic Report

paulvern| Post time 9-13-2016 22:31:18 | Show all posts
Why not using the official drivers for vi8 plus from Chuwi?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/alqw9h ... 20video%29.rar?dl=0

Use magic Report

Sheginator| Post time 9-15-2016 22:38:20 | Show all posts
paulvern replied at 9-13-2016 22:31
Why not using the official drivers for vi8 plus from Chuwi?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/alqw9hcn7vrixd ...

They did not fit in my case . Approached backup drivers from another user with a 1607 model

Use magic Report

ddtof| Post time 9-18-2016 07:17:09 | Show all posts
Ok, now I think I understand what hapen...

VI8 Plus do not have the same hardware depending it is originally a single or dual os, so do not need the same driver.
So even it you want to reinstall your dual OS in Single OS Win (like I wanted to do), you should not use the image or driver of the single OS, but the image and drivers of the dual Os, once again, even if you install just only Win.

Unfortunatly, I did not find any Win dual OS drivers !
So, I have install the Win image here of the dual OS, and it was working perfectly. But it is an old image of Win (difficult to upgrade with the disk size of the take, even in single os), and including some things for dual OS.
So I wanted to do a fresh install.
Before that I used double driver software to capture all my drivers on a USB.
Then I have done a fresh install from Microsoft ISO, and reinstall driver with double driver software.
Do not install drivers directly, some will not work, but if you use the restore feature of double driver software it will work for all including BT and touch screen.
For sure to do all that you will need a OTG USB hub with at least two USB ports as the touch screen and wifi will not work, so you need to plug a keyboard or mouse + the USB key with the driver and double driver software...

Hope it will help others.

Use magic Report

ddtof| Post time 9-18-2016 07:21:48 | Show all posts
In all that I forgot to say a big thanks to Emily who allowed me to sort out my situation.
I will try to package Chuwi Vi8 dual OS Windows double driver, and put you a link here...

Use magic Report

ddtof| Post time 9-18-2016 08:01:02 | Show all posts
Edited by ddtof at 9-18-2016 08:02

Here it is: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aty0VdkJ_0wOrJBwD6NFqLU__qN2AQ
I guess you can use my double driver backup, and then restore them on your tab with the restore feature of double driver...
I have backup all drivers including those windows, I guess it is not needed, but better to have too much that not enough

Next time I will reinstall a tab, I will first backup all driver with double driver, that I guess is a best practice...

Use magic Report

dedejamaludin| Post time 10-1-2016 05:32:46 | Show all posts
Edited by dedejamaludin at 10-1-2016 05:45

Hi all, anyone tell me how to make my chuwi vi8 plus dual boot to single boot ? Or is it impossible ? Thanks

Use magic Report

drt2| Post time 10-8-2016 18:23:03 | Show all posts
When working in android; the sleep of death does not occur after upgrade to this firmware. However the bluetooth becomes malfunction. The bluetooth switch keeps changing back to turn off stage when I try to activate it.   The serial of my tablet is P32G22151208435. The bluetooth is broadcom's one. If you need logcat log, please let me know.

Use magic Report

Chris01cz| Post time 10-9-2016 02:43:44 | Show all posts
Does work 64bit with Vi8 plus?
Please, consider DONATION

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list