ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] How to reinstall Windows 10 for Chuwi Hi8

Follow Us

[Hi8] [Tutorial] How to reinstall Windows 10 for Chuwi Hi8

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:Yesterday 04:19 View:7886|Reply:17

Mrsmyle| Post time 8-16-2016 04:14:08 | Show all posts
But, I seed, it's possible remove Android Partition to recover space for windows. Right?
Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-17-2016 00:24:02 | Show all posts
Mrsmyle replied at 8-16-2016 04:14
But, I seed, it's possible remove Android Partition to recover space for windows. Right?
Thanks.

Right. You can remove Android partition to increase Windows partition.

Use magic Report

meido| Post time 10-1-2016 10:34:51 | Show all posts
cant be done.
i done everything like the videos says, but in the boot manager, i cant find:"efi usb device(AX88179 USB 3.0 GIGABIT ETHERNET CONTROLLER)"

Use magic Report

brianlewis| Post time 12-16-2016 15:18:22 | Show all posts
ENGLISH TUTORIAL!!!

Everyone, after having fun trying to figure out how to make the HI8 boot from an NTFS UEFI USB I thought I would help provide new instructions that are easier to understand.  I also didn't care for Android 5.1 so these instructions will BLOW OUT the 32gb flash and create a 32GB Windows 10 Single Partition.  

You'll need a USB HUB (to support keyboard/mouse/FLASH DRIVE concurrently)
You'll need a Flash Drive, >=8GB
You'll need RUFUS - https://rufus.akeo.ie/
You'll need the ChuWi W10 32bit HI8 drivers preinstalled - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyvo39 ... 10.2016.05.rar?dl=0  (PW: en.chuwi.com)

Install Rufus
Extract Hi8 Windows 10 to a folder, ultimately it will be Hi8-Win10.2016.05\S806.CHUWI.D.10.TH2.EN&RU&ES&KR&JA&FR.0504\
Plug in your flash drive, run Rufus, Select your USB Device, set GPT partition scheme for UEFI, NTFS, 4096, WINPE, change Create a Bootable Disk using 'UEFI:NTFS'
That last part is very important, this sets up the device to boot a smaller partition that loads up the NTFS support to then access and boot the NTFS partition!
See RUFUS1.JPG attached

Rufus Example

Rufus Example

Once Rufus is done, highlight the Boot/EFI/images/Scripts/sources/bootmgr/bootmgr.efi from the W10 Extracted Folder and COPY, now PASTE this onto your new NTFS flash drive

W10 Files copied to ROOT of Flash Drive

W10 Files copied to ROOT of Flash Drive

Once finished, use your Eject Media option and plug your Flash Drive into your USB Hub
Turn on the Hi8, as soon as your screen turns on press ESC, now select SCU, then LPSS & SCC Configuration under Advanced
Select eMMC Secure Erase to ENABLE, Press F10 to save and reboot (WARNING THIS WIPES OUT THE ANDROID/W10 Dual Boot).  Basically this clears the 32gb completely so that we can use it all for Windows 10 which really needs 32gb at a minimum!
Turn on the Hi8, as soon as your screen turns on press ESC, now BOOT MANAGER, and you should have two options, an EFI USB DEVICE (Gigabit Ethernet Controller) and an INTERNAL EFI SHELL.  You want the Gigabit Ethernet Controller!  Yes thats correct its not a gigabit ethernet controller, this is the 'fat32 partition' Rufus uses to load the NTFS boot drivers.  Once it boots it will start to write the W10 image (with drivers preinstalled) to the Hi8 32gb flash.

Use magic Report

GrimArchon| Post time 2-28-2017 16:31:50 | Show all posts
brianlewis replied at 12-16-2016 15:18
ENGLISH TUTORIAL!!!

Everyone, after having fun trying to figure out how to make the HI8 boot from a ...

Many thanks you saved my bacon - Rufus was the trick - Chuwi should update the official HowTo. You can probably guess how many hours I have wasted trying to get the Hi8 to see any USB sticks. I sort of guessed it when I found the Hi8 could see FAT32 but not NTFS.

Windows is doing its critical update now

Use magic Report

SashaB| Post time 5-11-2017 10:17:03 | Show all posts
Edited by SashaB at 5-11-2017 10:20
You'll need the ChuWi W10 32bit HI8 drivers preinstalled - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyvo39avhbbddgd/Hi8-Win10.2016.05.rar?dl=0  (PW: en.chuwi.com)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyvo39avhbbddgd/Hi8-Win10.2016.05.rar?dl=0

Dear CHUWI Support. Please, Please update that link. It's not possible to download this...

This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Thank you

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 5-11-2017 19:35:09 | Show all posts
SashaB replied at 5-11-2017 10:17
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyvo39avhbbddgd/Hi8-Win10.2016.05.rar?dl=0

Dear CHUWI Support. Please, Pl ...

Ok, i will update it later.
Please be patient!
Thanks

Use magic Report

ai3| Post time Yesterday 04:19 | Show all posts
When i try to reinstall Windows i get a RECOVERY blue screen that says "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0x0000178."
Any suggestions??????

Thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list