Vi10 Plus and HiPen 2 not working - Chuwi Vi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Vi10 Vi10 Plus and HiPen 2 not working

Follow Us

Vi10 Plus and HiPen 2 not working

[Copy link]

joshg|Post time:1-20-2017 16:42:30 View:3245|Reply:7

I have the Vi10 Plus 2/32 model and have installed Android and Windows dual boot using the firmware and instructions posted by Emily.  For the most part, everything works fine but there are a few little issues that I won't get into here ;)
I also bought the HiPen 2 as it is supposed to work with this tablet as well.  However, it doesn't appear to work or is only intermittent somehow?  Does anyone else have both of these and have working HiPen 2 with the Vi10 Plus?  I can charge my HiPen 2 and then press the button and the light turns blue, but it doesn't seem to be recognized very well by the screen.  I have tried in Android as well as Windows (though I was thinking it probably only works in Windows anyway).  

I can get it sometimes to recognize a long press if I hold the pen to the screen for several seconds, and sometimes randomly get it to recognize the input, but it will not even paint or write a straight line.  Instead, just a few little dashes if I even get it to recognize at all.

I have put in a ticket for this issue but wanted to see if anyone else had the problem, too?

I have downloaded the drivers for Windows as well but none of them seem to work, I don't see any issues in Device Manager, and when I look at System properties it does not mention Pen support (only Touch support, not Pen and Touch support like I think it should???).

Does this tablet not have a digitizer even though the product page on Chuwi.com as well as where I bought it from (GearBest) both mention that it has stylus support and shows pictures of the HiPen 2 being used on it?

Use magic Report

giordano| Post time 9-16-2016 00:51:31 | Show all posts
Dear joshg, I write you sinnce it seems that you succeded to make it work the stylus, thought not pefectly.
I bought the Vi10 Plus with preloaded Android and the HiPen H2. However the styus does not work "as is" with the tablet. Probably, I need to install something on the tablet (no user instructions were provided by Chuwi)... in order to make it work the stylus. Do I?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

joshg| Post time 9-16-2016 07:48:14 | Show all posts
giordano replied at 9-16-2016 00:51
Dear joshg, I write you sinnce it seems that you succeded to make it work the stylus, thought not pe ...

Hi giordano,

My stylus is not working and I have submitted a ticket to both Chuwi and Gearbest -- I think it may have something to do with a defect that is on my screen, maybe the digitizer is not working because of this?

Also I don't think the active stylus works in Android but it is supposed to work in both Windows and Remix.  There is a thread on Tech Tablets with a user Max who has it working, as well as Emily from Chuwi mentioned she has tested successfully with Remix. The thread is here:  http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/chuwi-vi10-plus-stylus/

Use magic Report

OSWeber| Post time 10-1-2016 05:12:31 | Show all posts
Hi all,

unfortunately I have the same troubles to use the Hipen H2 in a satisfactory manner. Of course it's possible to make some scribbles using e.g. OneNote but due to the fact, that the pen is a passive device (no BT connection) no app or software could detect it. It's just another "dumb" finger ...

So no palm recognition is possible and it makes no difference if you're using a finger, another stylus (e.g. paper pen 53) or the Hipen H2. Whereby the results of scribbling with the chuwi pen itself are the worst ones.

Even if it sounds hard: from my current point of view the Hipen H2 is USELESS!

Use magic Report

davdi| Post time 10-19-2016 13:29:05 | Show all posts
Edited by davdi at 10-19-2016 13:30
OSWeber replied at 10-1-2016 05:12
Hi all,

unfortunately I have the same troubles to use the Hipen H2 in a satisfactory manner. Of cou ...

+1
Subscribe all.
I have the Hi10 plus version and same behavior.
I feel cheated. For what makes the stylus currently, should not sell it as a tablet with stylus.
Windows says nothing about handwritten input on system properties.
We need a driver in conditions that work properly.

Use magic Report

joshg| Post time 11-18-2016 12:12:30 | Show all posts
Hi,

My replacement stylus from Gearbest came a month or so ago but I have not yet posted an update to this thread.

I will say that it is dramatically better, but it is not perfect.  It does pretty well for the most part but will every once in a while skip a stroke here and there.  Also there is not really much pressure sensitivity that I can tell?

Palm rejection is also supported but it only works after you actually touch the tip of the pen to the screen.  Chris at TechTablets has a video demonstrating how this works on another tablet but I can't recall which one offhand.  Once you put the tip of the pen on the screen, then you can rest your palm against it and it does not get any input from your palm or wrist.  You can also lift the pen and put it back down multiple times even leaving your palm on the screen, just know that the very first time you must have the pen tip touching the screen when you lay your palm against it.

Use magic Report

Rampire| Post time 11-20-2016 09:42:09 | Show all posts
It seems like it's not the stylus' fault but rather that both Vi and Hi10 Plus do not have an active digitizer. I have no idea what to do, I bought Vi10 Plus solely for the purpose of using it with an active stylus, I feel I've wasted my money. Could anyone from Chuwi respond to any of those doubts?

Use magic Report

N2k1| Post time 1-20-2017 16:42:30 | Show all posts
Try to unscrew the lead from the pen. Now the pen is a really active pen.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list